Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Nothing, that's it.

2. wolfman

wolfman New Member

Dec 14, 2011
    What I was curious about is what does the game do when you add another floor when all of the floors are assigned. One of the posters claimed to be at 160. Does it just start going through the list again?

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    It is stuck as an unbuilt floor

4. wolfman

wolfman New Member

Dec 14, 2011
  5. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    Possible bug?

Something strange happened today. I had 151 floors. The only floors I have left to build are a Donut Shop, Haunted House, and an Animation Studio. As soon as I had enough money to buy the next floor, I purchased it right away. I went to build a recreation floor but it said I had no floors available at my current level. I double checked on my statistics page and I still only have 18 recreation floors. So I tried building a food business instead and it worked.

Anyone else encounter something like this? Hopefully I won't be locked out of buying that last recreation floor. I have 3 dream jobbers waiting on it. I'll try again once I have the 3.5 mil to build the next floor.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the problem. I already have the recreation floor under construction and forgot about it.

6. paulex

paulex New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks Nimblebit!

First - congratulations! You definitely deserve this trophy :) You created the game that really takes ones attention, and in contrast to so many other games with in-app purchase you don't actually force anyone to spend real money; that's nice, and that's why I bought a TB pack - as a donation to the fair-play deveopers :)

Second - thanks for 1.5 upgrade! Finally Tiny Tower became playable on my 3GS... Before 1.5 every time I left the game for little longer, it was crashing after coming back (title was displayed) and not a single item was sold. Later I found out that if I leave the game while delivering someone to the desired floor or playing "Where's Waldo", the probability of crash was lower - however still I got often the sitiation when after a whole day my tower did not earn a single coin... very frustraiting, especially that also any VIPs waiting for

Now the app works almost perfectly - only sometimes It crashes when I accidentally click on stocked item and then quickly try to quit the "sell/give stock" menu.

Now I'm at 145 floors, quickly heading to the magic floor 153. I have few thousand towerbux collected mostly while filling up the floors manualy with citizens in order to get ones with DJ i need. All my citizens are at their drem jobs, almost all with level 9, all they wear costumes. actually there is no point in spending bucks anywhere:
    - seling TB to get coins - nonsense. i've got around 3000 towerbux, which will give me around 6 mil coins - just for something lilke 2 floors... while collecting it took so much effort
    - getting costumes - everyone's got a costum, no fun anymore
    - speeding up new floors - already doing it, takes around 70 TB once for 3 days,
    - upgrading floors - already done. on all floors minimum restocking for 1tier item is 1 hour, Doctors Office is at level 246 to get 200.000 from Big Spender.
    So - something new is needed. Something like second elevator, costing, let's say, 5000, and being automatic (but slow), delivering standard bitizens to desired floors?
    All rewards we're getting are nice for someone who just started the game - but now, even if I catch a big spender to spend 200 thousand in my super-enhanced Doctors Office at once, it only gives me small satisfaction and the coin reward is completely insignificant. Not mentioning the celebrity "VIP", which is completely worthless - I always bring her to second floor (residental), so she won't bother me anymore. Please, remove her or give her a real kick so that people will like her more - I don't know, for example she could increase the rate of bitizens / minute on a floor by 5% PERMANENTLY.
    Missions? idea is nice, but come on - I can get 10 TB in 5 minutes by moving in 10 bitizens and DJ cycling.
    Some real BIG reward would be nice - complicated missions which will give 1 million coins, or 100 TB would give some spice also to players who have reached the top floor.

There are few things that annoy me:
    1. stars - I hire only DJ, so all I see is stars, stars, stars. This could be ONE star with 3 levels (blue, silver, gold)
    2. no indicator of floors that will run out of stock: let's say, that we have a floor with only 3ttier items. Cisitor/minute ratio is more or less constant, so the app could calculate that we should start restocking 2tier item so that it will be ready before we run out of 3tier items. I could calculate it for myself for 2-3 important floors, but not for 80+ floors
    3. no possibility to get to bottom flook - clicking on elevator doesn't help, since usually it is not on the screen due to restocked items. And even if elevator icon is on the floor, there is no use of it in "find Waldo".
    4. no possibility to disable selling/giving stock: I really don't usually want to spend bucks to sell/give away stock, so if I really realy would need it I could go once a long time to config and enable it just for one time action. Too many mistaken clicks, too many wasted TB.

What would I love to have?
    1. grouped icons: ONE "ready to stock" icon, ONE "empty floor" icon, with numbers and when I click on them I cycle through the floors that match
    2. mentioned "you should restock" sensor :)
    3. third type of icon for floors which sold out everything but there's an item waiting for clicking on "stock"
    4. LOG. I would like to see that I restocked Pizza Bar 2tier item 4 minutes ago, and brought a Big Spender to Private Eye where he bought 27523 tier2 items, etc.
    5. UNDO! UNDO! Oops, I didn't want to click on "restock 2tier item", I didn't want to sell out 200000 tier3 items for million TB, I didn't want to delete my lovely Tatoo Studio! Such undo should not be available for VIPs delivered or creating new floor, but for most actions would be just perfect.
    6. Reward for keeping good employees: now there is no difference if I keep someone at his DJ for months or if I replace him with newcomer. There should be a bonus for keeping someone in the tower - for example, his level will increase by 1 per month (with maximum level, let's say, 30). I would think twice before evicting someone...
    7. Possibility to see the list of floors with items being restocked, sorted by time left to restock (to see where to put delivery man). Same with stock amounts (sorted by lvl3, lvl2, lvl1 items) - to decide where Big Spender should go, etc.
    8. Super-mystery-VIP: a masked VIP that can give us something but we don't know what. If he really is a super-delivery man an we deliver him to the floor that is under construction, he will reduce construction time by just one hour. But if we deliver him to restocking floor, he will restock item instantly, no matter how many hours were left. For each VIP there are lots of options...
    9. Reward for good work ;) If I deliver bitizen to a floor, the 1TB reward should vary on how fast I do that - same for "find waldo".
    10. Last, but not least, "go to the lobby" action :) Most desired by everyone, I think.

For such improvements I would spend my real money on some in-app upgrade.

What else? Alternative economy mode - many different prices (convertible costs rather more than frappe, right), lots of low cost items and few expensive items, etc.

OK, hope anyone will be patient enough to read it. Thanks!

7. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Now THAT is a first post...Nice! :cool:

8. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    As mentioned above, I too would like tougher missions. Pretty much all my floors are at level 30 so a mission is usually only half of my stocking levels. I usually have the mission completed a couple hours after starting it. If you're only going to give us 1 mission a week, maybe have the mission take us a few days to complete. I would like to see requiring 100,000 of an item, have it take me 4 days and reward me something like 25-30 bux. Maybe not all the time as the newwer players would have difficulty with this, but maybe 1 out of 4 being really tough.

9. chupanenem

chupanenem Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi,

I just maxed out my tower last week and I think that almost everything that Paulex mentioned has one basic reason to happen: The game does not scale too well when you have a huge amount of floors... And it will only get worse, as more floors are added, at a point that there is not much sense on having more that 20 floors of each type (what would probably happen on the next update)

It seems the developers do not want to provide a closure to the game with a closing floor after 160 floors (which would make sense for all the mentioned reasons), but this is a very successfull game, and I would not want it either... But the game eventually came to a point (for everyone who is maxed out), that nothing that can happen (even a Big spender on a very upgraded floor) can make any substantial difference... Besides that, developers gets no more contribution for thier hard work on making new floors, since tower bux makes no difference to anyone that has 100+ floors.

I had an idea that would fix that: FUNCTIONAL FLOORS

Functional Floors would have, besides the money required to build a floor, some additional requirements to be built, and would change the rate things happen in the game. For instance:

- Tiny Tower Marketing Center
    This floor causes all tower business demand to increase by:
    10% (One star) / cost: 70 tower bux / Requirement to build - Have at least 35 DJ's
    40% (Two stars) / cost: 200 tower bux / Requirement to build - Have at least 100 DJ's
    100% (Three stars) / cost: 400 tower bux / Requirement to build - Have at least 200 DJ's

This would also be a good way for the developers to get some support from people who are near to max out the tower. On the current model, there is absolutely no sense on buying tower bux when you have, for instance, 200 DJ's... All bux are useless... Functional floors would provide some benefits, at a resonable bux price for peple who are ahead in the game (due to requirements to build)

Other funcional floors, with different costs, levels and requirements, could include
    - increasing the chance of getting a level 9 employee
    - increasing the chance of a VIP
    - reducing a % of the stock time (for the same amount of stock), etc...

Requirements could also include anything like number of floors, number of completed missions, etc.

10. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Functional floor are good ideas, so are super difficult missions, but people maxed out don't need those rewards. If you already have millions of dollars or hundreds of BUX, what would more money or BUX do if you got nothing really different to spend it on?

Dont have solutions but wouldn't mind for 5 BUX to move a bitizen to a different residential floor for the OCD.

How about an advanced mode setting where every day a bitizen could move out or change his dreamjob with the chances of it happening increasing with number of floors you have. Ie. maybe it's time that some sort of stress is added as an advanced mode.

11. Emmet Brown

Emmet Brown Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Fun game, no frills, love the music. Barely notice the time going by when I play it ... a good buy imho.

12. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    I don't know.. after a certain number of floors this game is a chore. Not bothering to restock these days.

13. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    I'm maxed out and I'm playing to keep upgrading my floors. I want to upgrade them to the point where restocking times are so long that I only have to check in 2 or 3 times a day, so that's why I want the more difficult missions that pay off ~20 bux for a mission that takes all week.

14. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I have all the floors, upgraded them quite a bit, have 100,000,000 coins and 750 bux at the moment. I have 284 out of 285 stat 9 DJ's but just can't get that last one. I've spend over 800 bux moving in and evicting bitizens trying to get that last DJ. Anyone have any tips on getting that last DJ or am I doing all that can be done, ie moving in and evicting?

15. Dawnstar

Dawnstar Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Middle School
    Olympia, Washington, U.S.A
    Awesome game, 32 floors at the moment. Keeps me addicted. Get this game. It is free. Months of fun. FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

16. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Got this game since it was free...

...wow, it's awful. What's the fun in tapping "restock", then waiting 3 hours to do it again?

Am I missing something...?

17. action3500

action3500 Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Average rate of "rise" without buying bucks with real $$?

I got this game yesterday and still trying to find a proper strategy to go up the fastest, so far i have 13 floors in around 5 hours of game time.

18. paulex

paulex New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    The rate of bitizens visiting is constant, no matter which items are available. So, it would be the best to keep only level 3 items - however this would disable your shops when item3 is gone. It seems, that optimal strategy is to keep both level 2 and level 3 items. I tried keeping ony level 3 and - while it's being sold - start restocking level 2. When finally level 3 is gone, stock level 2 and start restocking level 3.
    However, actually restocking both level 2 and level 3 gives more or less same profits - only distributed through longer period - and requires much less user action.

You might also consider another option - restocking all items on all floors, what gives you some chances to get tower bux and then sell 50 for 100,000 coins. If you have almost all kinds of floors (15+ of each business type) you can earn tower bux quite quickly - by moving in bitizens and placing them in their dream jobs.

Greetz,
    --
    Paulex

19. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Tiny Tower may not appeal to all, but it remains my #1 mobile game. I think it has something to do with the "obsessive compulsive" gene I apparently carry.

I'm at 130 floors, and have played every day since release. Some days I only work on my tower once, but I seem to *need* my daily fix. Satisfying, and enduring time-killer.

Love the new missions, just need more of 'em. :D

20. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    But what do you do?

Is the whole game seriously just hitting "restock" over and over?

I mean, why not just do piecemeal work at a factory? Same mindless repetition, but you get paid. lol