Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Alaska Sandy

Alaska Sandy Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Office Manager
    Alaska
    I, also would love the ability to switch bitizens from one apt to another to better organize them.

2. Alaska Sandy

Alaska Sandy Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Office Manager
    Alaska
    I got that too! I was absurdly delighted. Musta been something special from the Marsh Bros. I found three potions in my pond in Pocket Frogs too. I sincerely thank you Marsh Brothers!

3. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Just started playing this. How do I do missions? Like I See where they are, but how do I actually do them?

4. gkikola

gkikola Member

Dec 31, 2011
    From the Missions screen, tap any of the available missions. A dialog box will tell you the items that are needed to complete the mission, along with the businesses that sell those items. Click "Accept" to start the mission or "Decline" to cancel. You can only do one mission at a time. Once you start a mission, any time you stock the needed items in your stores, the items will go toward fulfilling the mission instead of being sold normally. When all of the items have been collected, you will be notified that the mission is complete. You'll automatically receive the reward and the mission will appear on the "Complete" tab in the mission list.

Keep in mind that some or all of the missions may require items that you do not currently stock in your tower. This is especially true if your tower is just starting out. If you don't have the necessary items to complete a mission, you can either wait until you get the needed business, or have one of your friends gift you their stock.

If you can't yet complete any of the listed missions, don't worry. They seem to add a new mission each week (Wednesdays I think), so you'll be able to do some eventually.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just had to share this. It actually made me lol
    [​IMG]

6. billysea

billysea New Member

May 14, 2009
    Can someone tell me how to get those "Fully Stock XXX & XXX" achievement?

I have already almost hit 100 Floor already and most of my flat are filled with 3 bitizens. Still I have not unlock a single one of those "Fully Stock" achievement. What consider fully stock? And do the two stores have to be fully stock at the same time?

7. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    Yeah, both stores have to have all 3 products in the stores at the same time.

8. billysea

billysea New Member

May 14, 2009
    I did…. Still no achievement…. Wonder what I did wrong...

9. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    I think we should be able to buy penthouse residential floors, they only hold one to three bitzens and they are stupidly expensive, say they start at 20m and increase as the other floors do. Since some of use have a tower full of coins now, it might be a good way to work through some of it.

10. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    Both stores were fully stocked at the same time? Are you sure you had the correct stores? Some have similar names. :confused:

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #2891 Adams Immersive, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Really liking Tiny Tower! It’s just as satisfying as doing real work and being productive—except you’re doing real work without being productive!

(Good way to pass my Zynga-less time now that I’m off of WWF....)

Question: why are half my workers suddenly staying home today? :confused:

I played for three days, and all my workers stayed in their stores 24/7. Three workers per business. The apartments were therefore pretty much deserted by their residents. I liked this, because I color-coded my workplace uniforms, making it easy to find anyone I wanted. Apartments only held unemployed people.

Then today I woke up, and every business only has one or two workers present! The store still shows all three employees, and I can still stock all three items, but half the workers are staying at home. No harm done... except now it’s really hard to find anyone! My color-coded uniforms are all for nothing. Literally not one single store has all 3 people on duty. And there’s no turnover: the ones at home stayed at home all day, and the ones at work never leave. Maybe they will eventually... but why wasn’t it like this for my first days of playing?

Just wondering...

P.S. A semi-obvious tip for finding people visually: bookmark your “ShareTower” and use your computer browser. You get a nice big screen to browse, and the bitizens never walk off the right side; so you can always see everyone at a glance.

12. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Nimblebit, you guys saved my arse with the built-in backup system. Did a complete restore and set up ipad as new to fix some buggy music app issues. I looked through all of my apps and could depart with most of the data. Tiny Tower was hidden away in a folder, however, so I forgot about the countless hours I put into it. I just redownloaded, started up and an alert popped up telling me I had a saved file and asked me if I would like to restore. Restored to where I was. Thanks alot guys!

13. brainticket

brainticket Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Very cheeky mission this week tee hee

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How can you add a friends tower?

15. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    They should just show up if they are a Gamecenter friend?

By the end of this week I'll have about 300 million coins!

16. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

iCloud!!!

Why not a save system like DragonVale? It will be' perfect. I would sync my progress between iPhone/iPad. In this type of game it's essential!!! Please devs, upgrade your fantastic app with iCloud. I think most of us want this!!!

17. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    This has probably already been said about a billion times, but I just wanted to say that I liked this game better than that silly copy game Dream Heights.

18. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Sometimes it can be hard to implement iCloud. Take League of Evil 2 for instance, somehow the iCloud stuff was messed up, and people were losing there scores and times. (It's fixed now)

19. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Yes i know story behind loe 2... But other games have implemented it without problem. I think it'all about how devs test our app... And, i repeat, for this category of game, sync is a must have. If devs will utilize iCloud or proprietary save system on our server based on username or other, interest a little gamers. But Tiny Tower need a sync system! :)

Ah, for Who speak about Dream Heights... Do not download or delete it. Zynga steal a game... but it apparently has sync system!!! :)))

20. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    When they are doing there dream job on that certain storie. 1 star: 1 of the guys working there doing their dream job, 2 stars: 2 guys. Ect.