Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Finally crossed the 1,000,000,000 coins in the bank mark! Ready for new floors and for all the pink to go away :p

2. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does BH stand for? Sounds like something I need to investigate!

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Sorry for the acronym, BH = Blockheads, a really good 2.5D Minecraft/Sims free game, check its thread ;)
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173693

This TT update is way too pink for my eyes lol.

4. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I love some of the Bitbook posts with the Valentine's Day crap available - including the ones that say that they wanted to go to a commercial floor with their date but it was closed. One of the was for the Dentists Office. If my date took me there, there wouldn't be any more dates.

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I get that every single time I start the game. Usually takes anywhere from 20-90 seconds for it to think and then it loads up my game.

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'll bet your daughter loves it thought! hehe

7. Vier

Vier Member

Feb 19, 2013
    #3027 Vier, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    Yay!

Yeah, nearly finished (181 floors complete, 2 more in construction, leaving me 2 more floors to build)!

That took a while, really!

Nevertheless, I would like to present some data and infos which may be interesting to you:

• First, I would like to reply to the last info "how to get rich quick" - it was recommended to build the expensive items first early in the morning. That is not my style, I like to have them built over night, so as I finish my playing in the evening, I check on all my shops to see if the most expensive item did run dry and can be reordered! As I let that run over night, I can start most shops with the expensive 3-coins-items early in the morning.
    • This gives me the opportunity to get the extra bucks for many full stores every day, as the cheaper items can be build during the day so I can check on them on-time.
    • Always have 3 dream-jobbers in every shop! This is one of the most essential basics of the game-mechanics! You get DOUBLE the number of items! This will keep many of your smaller stores from running dry during the night when you can't control and restock them!
    • Try to get those 3 dream-jobbers at level 9! This is my major target for the rest of the game! It will give you 27% off the full price. And it is a nice "have to collect them all"-incentive :p
    • Right now, nearly every shop has its own "theme" by dressing the employees with a special costume. For example: all 3 dream-jobbers in the shoe store are dressed as "football player", as an homage to Al Bundy :) This way, its a little bit easier to find them when tasked to. I get those extra-bucks really fast compared to find that single bitizen by scanning all >300 bitizens on every floor!
    • I built an excel-sheet (yes, I like excel, it can do this quite nice) at about floorlevel 50 or 60, so I have a completely searchable and -computable table of all my shops and bitizens. I know exactly which store has employees with which level or in which stores bitizens are "stored" for when their dream-job-store is built and so on. Took some time but it is worth it when you have over 100 bitizens.

Right now, I have 335 bitizens, of which 98.2% (329) are in their dream job. Of those, 6 do only have level 8, the rest are all at level 9!

That took me 715 tower-bucks (and some VIPs) for open dream-job #113 down to #14.

The filling of final 13 open dream-jobs with bitizens at level 9 will take a much larger number of bucks, I am afraid, as the statistics do some serious work against me now.

I have an income of about 1800-1900 sales per minute right now. That would be higher if I would stack only the 3-coin-items, but I am more after the extra towerbucks for full stores at the moment.

Finally, I would like it if the Gamecenter-statistics would be cleared of all obvious cheaters - no one does have 9 trillion levels. And I really doubt that anyone would PAY a lot of money to buy enough towerbucks to reach 1.632 levels! That would be possible, but seriously folks: this would be insane! Did someone do the math on that one?!

I like this game, a lot. Hopefully, there will be new stores around in the not-to-far future, okay? ;)

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    @Vier: lol, I also dressed up my shoe salesmen as football players :D
    Al Bundy for ever!

9. Vier

Vier Member

Feb 19, 2013
    #3029 Vier, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Yes, Al Bundy!

One of my other strategies is the following:
    • Whenever a new shop opens, I have at least 30 towerbucks at hand. With these bucks I will lift the production-time of the cheapest item up to 60 minutes. With this I have a sufficient long period that I can go along with my real-life-activities without having to look out for restocking shops every so often, as this will give me 900 (or 1.800 if triple-dream-jobbed) items to sale without counting the higher-value items. I found the value of 60 minutes working for me. You need 30 bucks, as the fastest time at establishing a new shop will be 5 minutes, which means that I have to upgrade the shop 10 times to reach 60 minutes (did I miscalculate? that should be 9 times, but I know as a fact that I will need 30 bucks for max. upgrade.. uhm..).

I may produce a list of my dressing-themes for discussion.

10. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    You should see some of the obvious cheaters on Pocket Planes - four people have allegedly flown 9.2 quintillion miles (a quintillion is 1, followed by eighteen zeroes).

11. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I never accept a new bitizen who is not level 9. Anything that's not level 9 is an instant evict. I also only keep those who have dream jobs for places that aren't filled yet - meaning, if it's the fourth dream jobber for a floor, they're gone. There are some floors that have probably had 20 dream jobbers come and go, and other floors I've had for a while that have none.

Once I hit floor 40 or so, I completely stopped searching for bitizens. The one bux prize just isn't worth scanning up the entire tower. I get plenty of bux from tips and full stocking. And I do use costumes (not for every floor, not everyone can be special), but even with a costume the bitizen might be in their apartment, and not working, so it still wouldn't be easy to find them.

How many people rename their floors?

12. Dave in the basement

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks for all of the cool tips, folks! I am level 62 and slowly climbing.

Tonya Gonzales moved in recently, and she is my first (and hopefully only!) 0/0/0/0/0! I kept her for posterity, though. :eek:

Dave

13. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I do - but I personalise them to a business of that type in Aberdeen if one exists, so as to make it more personal (especially in the case of the hairdresser, since I am one).

I didn't realise it was possible to have a bitizen whose stats are all zero. (I think the nearest I got was 0/0/0/3/3 - they moved into the building, went to their flat, then left the building before they even had a cup of tea.)

14. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I have a 00000 bitizen too. Her name is Vicki Porter and her favorite job is Vegan Food. She's the 3rd dream jobber on that floor, but, she will be evicted soon. :)

I'm just starting my tower (about 22 stories). But I'm already doing costumes. It's saving me a lot of time searching for them.

15. Vier

Vier Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Okay, I did it!

185 Levels completed, built my last shop today: the Smoothie Shop.
    115 shops.
    69 residential apts.
    345 bitizens, all jobs are covered, but not perfect (still some work to do, *joy*).
    336 bitizens in their dream jobs, 332 with level 9.
    9 bitizens not in their dream job as that is already filled up with 3 bitizens having level 9. Those 9 are spare jobbers and will be replaced as soon as I got enough TB to find a perfect replacement in a dream job filled right now with another, yet unworthy level 8 bitizen.

The average level over all bitizens and all jobs is 4.97, with the worst employee at 2.4 average level and the highest rated employee at 8.2 - although that is quite meaningless, as I aim for just a level 9 in the dream job and don't care about the other levels this bitizen has.

The following shops have dream jobs left:
    Arcade (2/3 filled with level 9)
    BBQ Place (1/3!)
    Hot Dog Joint (2/3)
    Mapple Store (2/3)
    Mini Golf (2/3)
    Museum (2/3
    Pizza Place (2/3)
    Plumber (1/3!)
    Soda Brewery (2/3)

Both BBQ Place and Plumber seem to be getting really hard by, I haven't managed to find more than 1 bitizen with level 9 for both shops in a counted number of 819 tries with TB and VIPs..

Right now, I am building "Empty Floors", ready to be filled with new shops.
    If you wonder, I get the message "No new floors of this type for your level" if I try to build something there.

My income is about 1800-1900, peaks at 2000 sales per minute - I haven't optimized for coins but for TB, to replace my lower level bitizens.

All Missions are fulfilled, of course.

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    My 00000 bitizen was C. Richards. She got kicked out after a friendly snapshot :D

17. Vier

Vier Member

Feb 19, 2013
    It's funny, how often you will get bitizens with "mysterious" numbers in their levels, like "1,2,3,4,5" or "1,9,1,9,1" or something like that.

"0,0,0,0,0" is another, and in my opinion quite remarkable in its stupidity and uselessness.

There seems to be a not-so-random-generator at work.

18. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    This shows that the stats are randomly created - I got the Plumber on Sunday and have already filled it with three Level 9 Dream Jobbers. :)

19. Dave in the basement

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    How do you use the "create your own" option in TT? I have created a few, but I am not sure what you need to do to make the characters actually wear them.

Many thanks in advance!

Dave

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    It's just so you can have fun making an avatar. It doesn't go into the game, sorry.