Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Well nuts! Thanks for the knowledge, though!

2. Vier

Vier Member

Feb 19, 2013
    You lucky, lucky Bastard! ;)

3. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    No I'm not - since the R in my username stands for Rebecca, I'm a lucky lucky bitch.

4. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Two things I've recently discovered about the game:

1 - There's a way of discovering what floor you're going to be getting if you choose a random floor rather than a specific one: ensure that you have an empty floor at all times. Then, after you've built a new floor, open the floor and hit "Choose specific floor". Compare this to the list of the floors available on the TT wiki and you'll discover what you're going to get (since you can't have more than one of the same floor).

2 - Bitizens with low scores in their dream job category still have their uses: the 2 bux bonus that you get when you put somebody in their dream job. So, if you have a bitizen moving in with a low score (like the pretty useless 0/0/0/0/0 stat), put them in their job before getting rid of them.

5. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #3045 RLangley91, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    New stuff's been added today!

Five new commercial floors*, which are:
    Food - Airline Food :eek:
    Service - Stables
    Recreation - Golf Sim
    Retail - Robot Store
    Creative - Costume Shop

And three new residential floors:
    Overgrown Apts :confused:
    Beach Apts
    Submarine Apts

Plus some other new things:
    -> The notifications at the bottom of the screen are now collapsed into one (so you'll only get one notification, regardless of how many floors need restocking/reopening).
    -> Free Bux a la NimbleQuest (caveat: you have to watch a short video first).
    -> A new costume: Horse head - we may have (albeit unintentionally) eaten horse meat, and now you can dress like one.

* - I'm not going to build these to discover the details about the various items.

6. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Costumes removed?

Yesterday's update has added a new horse costume, but has taken away the pilot & tourist costumes borrowed from Pocket Planes. That's unfortunate; I had been using a couple of those and now those bitizens are plain again.

7. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    There are also new missions, on a more regular basis.

8. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    The pilot costumes will be re-added in the next update.

9. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Missing Bitizen

I updated TT & built ALL the new floors. While in the process of moving bitizens into better jobs & evicting others, I eventually discovered that, although ALL the apartments were full, I was short one bitizen. Yes, I've checked the apartments many times over. All full. Plus I checked for an unhappy bitizen who is not employed; only green happy faces & yellow so-so faces. No luck there.

If it helps, it happened today when I evicted a bitizen but didn't get back to replacing him/her for a few hours due to the intrusion of "real life" activities which do take precedence, I admit.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

10. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    That's very unlikely. Bitizens are multiple of 15 (3*5 residents apartments for every 5*3 employees stores).

Right now the maximum number of bitizens is 360. If you have all your apartments full and have 359 bitizens, report it as a bug.

11. RLangley91

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    #3051 RLangley91, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    They've just readded them, but I don't know if you have to rebuy them. (But there's still a mission where they are apparently already planning for Valentine's Day 2014. :confused:)

12. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Backed up. Deleted. Reinstalled. All is well with the world...or at least the bitizen TT world. Muchísimas gracias for taking the time to respond, Robot:String.

13. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Glad to hear!
    De nada! In truth, I did nothing really, but I'm glad you got it sorted.
    Now, to keep those bitizens working and complete the missions (there may be approximately one a week till the end of the year, if things go as planned).
    :)

14. Ghosthack

Ghosthack Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Creative Strategist
    Singapore
    Has anyone figured out a more efficient way to fill that last floor?

I've got all of them which gives me a less than 5% chance of getting the right DJ let alone a 9. Right now I deplete all my bux by renting and evicting but I used then all up so I started leaving 1 slot open in every floor so I can build back up again by rotating new DJs. I'm currently back up to about 500bux and have only got 1 costume shop guy at a 6...

Can they make the randomness a bit less random? Or has anyone proposed a way to buy a job with a lot of bux?

15. grelb

grelb Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    New Zealand
    iPodTouch 2g - Missions now crash the game

I am now unable to get missions.

Whenever I select the Missions button, the screen shifts a bit to the left
    IMG_0195.PNG
    I can exit out and the floors have all shifted to the left.
    If I muck around much more in the game - it crashes soon afterwards.

I guess its time to upgrade my gaming platform : (

16. rmr

rmr Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Sorry to barge in here. Relatively new to TT. I have a simple question. Is there any advantage to getting three employees per shop - all in their favorite jobs? That seems logical, but I'm not sure if there's any real advantage. It looks on the surface that having one employee in their favorite job doubles the quantity of stockable items, but increasing to three "stars" doesn't seem to do much. What am I missing? Thanks for humoring me.

17. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Having 3 happy employees will double all 3 products of a floor. So you basically get twice the profit of that floor.

18. rmr

rmr Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks! So each star doubles stocks a single item. One star per item.

What do upgrades do on top of this?

19. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Well upgrades boost the amount of stock as well as waiting time. I barely upgrade any floors, but the way I see it, if you don't have much free time to restock floors every now and then, you can upgrade floors to increase restocking time so that you don't have to check your tower often.

20. Robot:String

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Upgrade the base. A star is a x2 multiplier over that base.

Say you have a stock of 100 on level 1. In level 2 you have a stock of 125. With a star, you have 250.