Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :eek::eek::eek::confused::D
    Ok, what an unexpected outcome! :D. Anyway, if you asked anybody who haven't played previous builds of the game (or none at all) to read that sentence then they would probably tell you that my interpretation is correct :D

Anyway, more questions for those who are experienced - does moving the floors have any statistical impact on the game apart from receiving different amounts of cash for transporting passengers?

2. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #522 dbhjed, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    No, it was added for customization.

Also the hearts never made it past the alpha, meaning only the Nimb bros have played with hearts.

3. Jengajam

Jengajam Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Game Reviewer/Creative Lead
    Singapore
    Okay, me. Yes, it is totally possible to demolish the pub and have something else. I now have a Scoops Ice Cream Parlour where my default pub used to be. It sells Ice Cream Cake at 2500 units a go. How exciting!

I'm currently building Apt, Store, Store, Apt, Store, Store... as I go higher. Seems like a reasonable plan, no?

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Damn it. I had swore to myself that I'll never get into a freemium game after we rule. Pocket frogs tempted a little but never got into it coz there were so many damn frog species to keep track of and it confused the hell out of me. Tiny towers on the other hands has me hooked. 6+ hours wasted already :(

Damn you nimblebit. :p

5. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Only 6 hours? lol

6. Jake S

Jake S Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

Add:jakeshoreiskool

Number 34 on the leaderboards

7. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Is there a tower limit?

8. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    For the love of all that is holy please make that image smaller. I am very proud of your tower building, but not breaking the tables.

9. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Warning: Megareply post

I think the criticism is justified. The bug isn't one that affects you without you going out of your way to invoke it, so it can't affect your game unless you want it to. More importantly to me is that even if you were of such poor self control that you couldn't resist using it, it's such a non-exploitive exploit that announcing you are putting the game up until it's patched just comes off as supremely elitist AND ignorant. The bug might speed up your development for the first half dozen floors, but it's quickly outpaced by normal playing of the game. I saw the guy's report, tested it, saw it worked, but also saw that I made more money with less effort just ferrying passengers without trying to use it since my tower had grown tall enough that the majority of destinations couldn't be used with the glitch even if I wanted and made as much or more money than the floors where the glitch does work. "Ooh look, I just got 24 coins from ferrying a passenger to floor 2 and tapping the lobby!" "That's nice, I just made 32 coins ferrying a passenger to floor 16"

---------------------------------------

I've kind of done this - if someone doesn't have any particular good skills AND their dream job is something I have no interest in, I'll evict them in hopes of rolling better. For example, had some bitizen with nothing higher than a 4 and wanted to work in a Vegan Food shop, she's now living somewhere else ;).

I saw you recounted later, but figured I'd point out that a 9 aptitude worker gets you a 9% restock fee discount on all three products, a dreamer gets you (effectively) a 50% discount AND doubles stored stock levels for an item. The dream jobbers are far superior to merely skilled workers.

Exactly. I wound up tossing them a five-spot last night mainly because I've played Pocket Frogs for 9 months now and never spent a penny on that and it was clear that Tiny Tower was going to be exactly the same. Figured I should make myself spend *something* on these truly free games.

No, I'm keeping residential floors at the top and keeping all of the businesses organized below so I have less scrolling to view stock.

Hold off on the third. I did buy it and here's the problem: it's too fast. Once I get above 20 floors it will wind up saving a lot of time, but on balance, it takes me just as long with the L4 elevator as it died with the L3 elevator because I wind up overshooting floors so much that I'm offsetting the faster travel time :eek:.

Same here, yet the higher floor achievements reflect my actual tower size. They boofed something.

I believe there are that many different possible floors :D

Some people responded to my post earlier where I said there was a 100 floor cap, which was an assumption based on a number of earlier posts that were probably also just assumptions. That said, while I will back down from any implication I know of a cap, the presence of 130 different floors in the files doesn't mean there isn't a lower hard cap on towers. There's over 14,000 different frogs in Pocket Frogs, but you can have, at most, 64 different frogs at a time and getting all achievements involves a ton of breeding different frogs only to sell them to make room for the next set of frogs you need for the next achievement.

Given the obsessiveness of people out there in the world, if there is a cap lower than the max possible different floors, I'm sure we'll hear about it within the week, so I'm just going to stop assuming things in either direction :)

10. Revlisoft

Oct 10, 2009
    It is better to have a person with a level 6 in that job but it's his dream job or have a level 9 in the job instead? What does their level affect when placed in that job?

11. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Always dream job since it gives you 2x inventory items

12. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Did you set your clock forward then back?

13. Revlisoft

Oct 10, 2009
    Is there a big difference in having a lvl9 dream job vs lvl6 dream job in that role? Should I look to swap the person out for a lvl9?

14. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    I'd like to suggest being able to see your inventory while restocking.
    Also to be able to easily unemploy someone without going through 6 steps.

15. FarOutFreak

FarOutFreak Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just adding my thought in here that this game has taken up too much of my time the past two days. This is insane.

In terms of things to update, maybe some sorting for looking through Bitizens would be great if you're trying to find that unlucky tenant to evict.

16. RobotUnicorn

RobotUnicorn Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    #536 RobotUnicorn, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Im constructing many floors at once, and waiting for the VIPs to come along. Im checking the demand more than the people, and just manage them using the skills.

Picking the floors based on the most number of same coloured skills in the Bitizens list. Using this to manage the professions as well.

Making em work hard by switching professions quickly, just ensuring all the floors are stocked, and moving the bitizens out of the stocked floors to other floors, while the sales happen

I try to keep a few floors stocked with only the pricier items (no booze in the night club) to force the "big buyout" or "large crowd" vips into buying these items. Keeping at least one floor working on a long production thing, to use the "quicker deliver" vips.

dont liek evicting anyone. Im using ones as low as 12930, 12301, 15601 etc. Doesnt seem to affect the game much, as long as you try and keep the frowns low. They work pretty well even then.

not upgrading the lift, or spending the bux in any way, using it all to save up for coins. the 50 for 100,000 is waay too rewarding, needs to be balanced out. the price point for the bux are too high, so I didnt buy em, I would be interested if I was getting moar bux, its much easier to just earn them.

Im shifting the latest apartment floor right above the lobby. This is to exploit the lobby bug and earn more money from the lift runs.

Playing for two to five minute runs every twenty minutes or so :)

Speeding up any kind of job does not really seem to pay off, its better to wait on it and save up the bux for the coins.

17. Livett

Livett Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Oxford
    I'm in love with this game. Except for one lazy arse Bitizen called Albert Byrd... You will soon be getting the boot my moustached friend.

Few things.

I want this as elevator music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4

Bitpets would rock.

Make the lobby so that we can employ someone behind the counter and a security guard.

I like it when I'm zoomed out on my iPad, I'd like it more if I could play zoomed out sometimes too instead of just looking at.

Cheers!

18. Revlisoft

Oct 10, 2009
    I would also suggest better bitizen management and allowing me to sort them by name, each of their job ratings, unemployed vs. employed, store name, store type. I can't imagine how difficult this will be at over 30 or more towers.

Maybe introduce a character that can help with some of the micromanagement like auto-restock of level one items? Maybe some elevator man that will slowly move people up and down but not as fast as you doing it manually.

19. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Hey great idea about jobs in the Lobby! Thats perfect, security walking around and the desk person is just sitting there the whole time, maybe. Also, it would be cool if you could edit your own floor names.

20. Revlisoft

Oct 10, 2009
    Also using my facebook or phone book contacts as the bitizen's name. That would be so funny.