Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Pretty neat little game

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

WTF?

the update was to fix the crashing, the game came out all of what, a handful of days ago?

I get that most apps coming out should be retina from the get go, but there is so much awesome in this game that I'm in no rush. What many people were in a rush for was to fix crashing on older devices, which Nimblebit got resolved super duper awesome fast, kudos to them.

3. Putosaure

Putosaure Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I know that, but the screenies in the OP are in Retina Resolution (check the zoomed out view of the tower). Now on an iPhone 4 I don't know, but on an iPod 4th Gen that zoomed out view is not that crisped. :)

4. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    You do realize that (excluding the zoom), a game with retro pixel graphics will often look exactly the same with or without RD support.

5. #945 nick_gc, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    EDIT: Think I was being dumb. Although to be fair, it wasn't very clear.

6. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Just got the game. I'm at 5 floors and 5 bitizens 1 dream job. I'm a little behind everyone but I'm looking for some GC friends. Friend me username is dizzjw

7. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    #947 weisome, Jun 28, 2011
    Been playing this for almost two weeks and I'm still loving it! Great game! :D Also, add me on GC: weisome

8. Putosaure

Putosaure Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Yes I know that, thanks

9. Jake S

Jake S Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    My bro found the reset button :( I got screwed

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Don't, you'll be waiting on their next big game before you do :)

I've played Pocket Frogs on and off since it launched. Always kept meaning to support Nimblebit, but the farther you progress the less attractive, even the IAP only features, become because of their game design. Sure I kept telling my self I needed to buy some IAP to support Nimblebit, but I never did...

So when Tiny Tower came out and I was having so much fun with it, I made sure to buy the $5 for 100 towerbux on day 2 because I knew if I didn't jump in the very beginning I'd wind up waiting forever.

I'm hoping they'll make some more compelling IAP only features like they did in Pocket Frogs because, really, that $5 I spent on TT really only makes up for PF, I'm still karmically in debt for TT :D

11. teme

teme Member

May 10, 2011
    I don't like freemium titles. However, I gave Tiny Tower a chance, and it was really nice and promising. However, after 15 floors it's beginning to show many of the typical freemium annoyances. I hope so so so much that there would be a this kind of game with proper game mechanics, something like Sim Tower. Building games fit perfectly for iPad, but it's so sad that most of them are freemium titles.

12. Frrith

Frrith New Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Game Impressions

Hi I am loving this game, please could you put me on your GC names Frrith

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Care to elaborate, because I'm pretty sure you'll find very few agree with your assessment. The one thing Nimblebit is ubiquitously praised for is NOT using the standard freemium tropes and arm twisting.

Currently all you can buy are towerbux, and just playing the game yields about 1 buck for every 3 minutes playing. I bought 100 towerbux on day 2 precisely because I didn't need to and developers who take that approach AND entertain me should be rewarded. So fine, I got 100 bux from IAP, but I've made over 600 just playing the game as "something to do" while I listen to podcasts or watch TV. But, and here's the key thing: once I was done upgrading the elevator, almost all my towerbux went to making coins. The other towerbux sinks, moving floors, repainting, etc., are so cheap that between the free buck you get just building a floor, Waldo missions, and bitizen birthdays, you can make more towerbux than you will ever need with very little effort, so since I was playing the game, I got a ton of free money that I've used to accelerate my tower's growth (currently at floor 35), but it's money that I would have gotten over time anyhow just by popping in every few times a day for a minute to stock things.

14. kimdoocheol

kimdoocheol Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I think that 3 minute quote is BS if you have open slots for apt. I played for 20 mins and didn't aquire one TB w/ the fastest ele.

15. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Still unanswered, How long does it take for you guys to load the friends list??

mine takes forever and ever adn doesn't finish loading :L|

16. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Between getting tips from taking people up the elevator, the "Where's Waldo" style search minigame, and fully stocking stores, I think every 3-5 minutes is about right.

17. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I dunno if 3 minutes is accurate but I surely pile them up quickly. For sure I will have 2 or 3 for every 10 to 15 minutes playing - 20 something floors and slow elevator even.

You will in that time either get a tipper or a find the person mini game.

18. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    about 3 seconds, but i've got only 1 friend who is playing this game too

19. cyrilio

cyrilio Member

Jun 25, 2011
    student
    The Neterlands
    #959 cyrilio, Jun 28, 2011
    Just updated TT but everything seems the same. Still not unlocking achievements. Don't understand why not. Especially because i should easily have over 5 of them. Do other people have the same problem?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    i have 20 floors, and all elevator upgrates (25 + 75 + 125 bux) and never used IAP
    if you carry all day long ppl to the floor they want u often get tips, VIP and extra bux for the where is waldo minigame
    you can gain without any problems 50 bux a day or more! it just depends on how many ppl you transport with the elevator

PS: i've gained more than 40.000 coins in 4 hours