Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nope. Keep in mind that hacking your bux will effectively end the game... when you've got every floor there's not really anything left to do. I'd rather the game lasted 6 months than 6 minutes.

2. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    When I'm ready to quit the game for good, I plan on cheating and getting hundreds of floors, just for kicks. I don't see myself getting to that point for at least a few more weeks.

3. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    This game is super fun and everyone should spend at least a buck or two in iap to support it. The hours of playtime are definitely worth it.

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    That's why I don't plan on doing hax on my current tower :D. I just want something for me to aspire to. Kinda like "I'm gonna get there some day" :D

5. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    This is an out-there idea, but hear me out. Since you're going on vacation to a (presumably) nice place, why not just enjoy it and not play the game while you're out there? You'll lose out on nothing whatsoever in the game, and won't have to stress about what time-zone you're in therefore increasing enjoyment of your holiday.

Wacky, I know.

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I sense some sarcasm :p

But I was actually already planning that. I'd only be playing the game during the plane and car rides, or when I'm waiting in a long line. Obviously I'm not going to dedicate all my time on an iOS game on a vacation.

7. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Thats probably a good idea. Everytime I get a big spender VIP - I quickly go through all the businesses to see which has the most expensive stuff so i can drop them off there. So your suggestion is probably the better one.

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Exactly. You hack your towerbux and you remove the entire point of the game: working over time to grow your tower into something you're proud of having built. Pretty sure Pocket Frogs is no more secure or difficult to spoof judging by some of the silliness on the leaderboards, but even though I'm still a long, long, long way away from "completing" the Froggydex, there would be no point to just going in and importing a file from somewhere that would fill it in for me. The satisfaction is seeing me gain access to more and more entries over time as I put in the work. Trophies don't mean squat if you didn't actually do something trophy worthy.

I suppose given the 1.2 million downloads and the ease of spoofing towerbux I should be thankful that it's such a ridiculously tiny percentage of players spoofing data (0.00003% or so) on the GC leaderboards, just wish something had been put in place so those who like the leaderboards didn't have to deal with even those asshats. If you want to hack your own game, go for it, but don't be a dick and upload it to the leaderboards.

9. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    While I agree entirely with all your points in the post, I do think this quote is a bit... OVERKILL!!!
    Exactly the point I always wanted to make (or rather, from a cheater's perspective, not saying I'm cheating though :D).
    I personally have no problem with people hacking their own games/savefiles, as long as it doesn't disrupt the experience of other players (example being PSP, hackers put up inf health hax in online multiplayer matches).

Back to TT discussion... I'm on floor 37 and I have 140 bux... should I convert it to coins or hold on to it? I'm bad at reaching decisions that involve large amounts of resources.

10. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    #1090 Wolfplayer, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    What would you hold it for? Theres nothing to spend bux on in this game except elevator and coins...and I assume you have the top elevator already.

I wish there were more things to spend bux on....maybe special VIP's or special floors. Just cashing in 50 bux for $100,000 quickly loses its worth. My next floor costs over $300K :(((((

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Had to post this bit of Bitbook madness.

Juan Hansen writes: I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.:eek:

12. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I have this problem again. I was away for 40 minutes. In these 40 minutes, alls businesses went out of stock, must be restocked, which means, that I only have to tap on the restock icon, since "building" the stock is finished and one business auto-closed. But a VIP has arrived. I cannot restock and then send the VIP to one of the stores. I have to send the VIP and THEN restock. But the VIP does not go into auto-closed businesses or businesses which are open and have the restock icon on ot, only to apartments.

There seems be a problem in a way that the game events are modal and serial, which means, that you have to clear them in the reversed order they came in. When they come in in this order:

1. Tap Restock icon
    2. Tap Restock icon
    3. Tap Restock icon
    4. Deliver VIP

you have to do this:

1. Deliver VIP
    2. Restock
    3. Restock
    4. Restock

And, as mentioned, you can only deliver the VIP to businesses which are open or to apartments. But, and this is the really annoying part: It is not reproducable to 100%. I cannot deliver the VIP in 80% of my tries. But then, somehow, it works.

13. Ghosthack

Ghosthack Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Creative Strategist
    Singapore
  14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

This doesn't make any sense UNLESS you are tapping on the elevator first. When I come back to the game, if a VIP or anything has arrived, I ensure that I do not touch them first. IF you do, it locks the system and you are unable to do anything until you deliver the VIP.

Unless there is a strange issue going on with your tower. I've been at it for 38 floors with nothing like this ever happening.

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Recreation text color is too light... can't read them easily (my monitor has above-normal brightness :D)

16. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I love the game, but my GC achievements aren't unlocking... is that a common problem?

17. dancerguy09

dancerguy09 New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Construction Bug ( previously mentioned by Mozface i think)

im having a problem where i have got 3 new levels that i built but even after they say they are finished they are still labelled as new constructions and i have tried demolishing .etc. and they still don't work:confused:

any suggestions

18. Juviefernando

Juviefernando Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Others
    good idea to have a spreadsheet,

how can the rest of us help to fill them up??

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1099 C.Hannum, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    Right, you discovered what I did when I tested last night: the big spender VIP will go to an apartment but not a store with nothing in stock, hence no bug, just working as intended. If you click on the construction VIP first it's not like you get to back up and say, "wait a minute, I forgot to start a floor, let me go do that" or if the delivery VIP comes you don't get to back up and say, "oh, I forgot to start this 6 hour item, let me do that now".

If you let everything run out of stock AND you click on the VIP before you can stock your stores, yup, send him to an apartment and move on. All the VIPs are easily recognizable in terms of what they do and there is none of this "priority lock" until you actually click on the VIP. Other than the quirk that he won't get off at a store with nothing to buy, the other VIPs don't care where they get off at all, the big spender VIP works the same as the others.

Pay more attention or send him to an apartment if you screw up *your* gameplay. There's no flaw and no bug.

20. bruce_gonzales

bruce_gonzales New Member

May 29, 2011