Tiny Tower - Tips & Strategies Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Ah thank you, I finally got my Gamecenter to work!

Anyone is welcome to add me: Pinworms

I have 34 floors, 42 dream jobs, no IAP

2. phoenix_mobile

phoenix_mobile Well-Known Member

I'm not there yet. But it seems get to high level requires a lot of elevator operating?

3. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You can add me as well, Florjackson 33 floors.

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    does anything affect how fast things are sold

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Demand.
    The more unbalanced your stores are, the less demand will be for that type of store and hence slower sales.

6. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Has this actually been confirmed either by Eeen or empircal data? Sorry for asking, but with all of the incorrect information and random assumptions floating around the TT threads, I find it better to confirm stuff to be safe.

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I am not demolishing any of my floors full of 3x dream job employees just to verify that theory :cool:

8. edladd

edladd Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Is there any way to check the remaining stock on items while you are restocking a store? Say you are restocking root beer in the pub - it covers the listings for how many bar nuts are left - for example.

9. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Nah, there's a general indication though, to the left of the store title there's 3 symbols showing your 3 items in stock (won't show up if your out of stock) if a particul item is half gone the symbol will only be half visible, in the appearance of an emptying glass..sort of thing

10. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    That's the joy of having money to spend :)
    $20'is no biggie, not like I'm spending 100s or something,and I'm happy to support the devs, even if I didn't like the game.
    it's like giving to a charity for a disease you don't have..doesn't mean you don't support the cause.. problem with freemium games like these, is some people support the devs by purchasing, and other cheap skates play this game constantly like it's crack cocaine , for months on end,and won't even spend a measily $1 on it. Sad

11. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Wait, are you sure about that? The icon always looks the same to me, whether if stock is full or almost empty

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah I just looked and confirmed the icon looks the same no mater how much stock you have - saw it on one that was almost empty and another that I just filled and there is no shading or anything - just the icon.

It DOES disappear if the item is completely empty but other than that it's an icon.

13. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Alternately! You could give 2-3 bucks to the devs via IAP, and ACTUALLY give the rest of the money you might spend to ACTUAL charities.

Some people might call "sad" the fact that there's a lot of countries in the world where a dollar can feed somebody for a day.

Just a thought...

14. Sqrudy

Sqrudy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    As you gain more bitizens, do the number of missions increase?

15. ovalprocess

ovalprocess Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Southern California
    What are you asking, exactly?

You can build new floors with businesses and assign bitizens to jobs.

The number of elevator riders seems to stay the same.

16. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Its pretty hard for the elevator rides to go up, like 10 seconds after the elevator is at the lobby someone shows up.

17. AwesomeAssassin

AwesomeAssassin Active Member

Nov 21, 2010
    N/A
    Estonia
    #177 AwesomeAssassin, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    Tip here:

If you are quite high (10+ floors) then you should think about deleting "older" floors (ones with less stock for all items) and then build something else from other category(recreational=paintball arena=lots of stock) or if you would like "upgrade" it then simply from "old ones" category

I, myself have 21 (2 in construct) floors with capital of 20000 right now(was 120000 before 2 floors), and 1 elevator upgrade (from kidthekmart i skipped "50bux=100000, but elevator upgrade is a must)

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't really understand any of this.

1. You're going to end up with all business types anyway, surely it's better to put up with the low stock ones while you're in the early stages of the game and don't need much money from new floors than later in the game when floors are incredibly expensive?

2. What?

19. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    No one's moving in

I have a new empty residential floor on floor 26. For the past 24 hours no one has gone to this floor, so I'm pretty much stuck. I have no unemployed bitizens to put in my new stores.

I've upgraded the elevator once and completely closed the game numerous times, but still no luck. I play the game for around 20 minutes at a time 7-8 times a day.

Any suggestions ?

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you're that desperate just click on the apartment and spend 5 bux moving people in.