iPhone Titan VG Edition - (Valley Games, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by the9quad, Dec 22, 2011.

1. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #121 biokid, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    This company has a really bad rep in customer service and support. They never reply to emails.

2. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    They just updated it!

3. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I wanted to warn fellow gamers that Valley Games have very poor customer service. Never reply to emails or if reply after three weeks they said we are too busy and you can wait for indefinitely. I hope some other company buy this IP and distribute it to us instead. I am never going to buy another game from them ever again.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Lots of companies do not reply to emails. Usually what you get from companies is just an automated email reply that your email had been received. Whether you get a personal response or not usually depends on how important said company feels your issue is, and whether you asked politely.

Not a big deal.

5. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I am certain I ask very politely and the issue is relatively important. The other developers/ publishers (large or small), they reply to my questions promptly and try to help unlike Valley Games. So, try not to defend them, anyways they don't even have automated email reply. Good luck VG, please don't release anymore Ipad boardgames, I don't want to do business with you anymore.

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You've made the exact same complaint of "poor customer service/not replying to my emails" about at least four different developers in the past couple of weeks, two of whom I'm personally aware are actually very good about interacting with customers. That said, most boardgame companies (whether dealing with the physical or digital) are rather small, and personally responding to every email received is a massive time and resource sink that generally isn't worth it. This is why many now use Facebook and/or their own message boards, where announcements can be made, and questions can be asked and answered once, not a hundred times to a hundred individuals.

If no developer you contact is responding to you, however, then that points to the issue not being those people, but instead suggests the problem is on your end and has more to do with exactly what you've been sending them. Perhaps you should post the actual email here so we can see if it was appropriate, and how it could be changed to increase the likelihood of a response if necessary.

7. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    All of them actually response to my email and resolve my issue except only Queen Games and Valley Games. Appletini, Do you have any suggestions in how to get in touch with them (especially Queen Games)? Are these two the good one you are referring to?

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Was the issue important to you, or to the company? Only the latter gets addressed.

9. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    To both actually.

10. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Queen Games is an incredibly busy German company that focuses primarily on their physical offerings, so if you're asking about an update to the Kingdom Builder app, there's less chance of receiving a reponse; the official word is that they're working on an update for the app, but have no more detail to offer at this time.

As for Valley Games, they have set up a Facebook page specifically for the digital version of Titan here, so you're best off asking your questions about that game there, not via email.

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Finally got around to this game & wished I'd tried it sooner. Having a great time playing it. Won a game after 4 tries. I feel like I understand it pretty well for a beginner. I think it's best to just play versus try to read the manual. Nice game!