Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Ha ha just watched the video, and landed right back in my youth again :) just me , my C64 and my trusty one button arcade joystick.

Attached Files:

2. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Ha, ha, I remember those! I had a Quickshot 2 Turbo :)

This game is as fun as it looks - I've been playing it on Android and it is easily worth the £2.

3. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

This may (or may not) be where the game idea came from. :)

Attached Files:

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    THAT... is brilliant!

My wife is going to kill me... and you too, if she ever tracks you down!

5. Wow, that is a cool looking stick, don't remember seeing that before. One button interfaces aren't so bad, look at ios devices, they got one button (at least on the front)

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im paying Toast Time and having a total blast! I looooove this game. Is a prime example of why I love iOS. Even the credits are done in style.

It has a lot of levels (around 8 worlds), gets challenging fast, a great sense of humor, lots of weapons unlocks by playing, character customization, NO IAP, good controls (touch anywhere for TERRY to shoot at) also on the achievements I could spot something sweet: Iron Man mode, which is a survival mode, that means endless!. The game is a pretty unique arena combat game with lots of sense of humor, really hectic (I love hectic and twitchy games) and with some amazing visuals and sound. 3$ is nothing for this quality and fun, much less without IAP.

Buy TOAST TIME now, My advice. Im going back to it now.

One little thing is that the top bar where it shows the carrier, time and battery is not completely hidden. Its there but very subtle and without the background. Wondering if it is on purpose or not.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Nice impressions! Definitely picking this one up, cheers!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Funny, I saw this on Android and guess they were running a sale for $1.49. So seeing all the good words hear, decided to pop on over to the Google Play store and what do you know, it jumped up to $2.99.

Oh well, sounds great even at $3 based on TheFrost's impressions.

9. TheCurrentGamer

TheCurrentGamer Well-Known Member

Wow. That art... The music...

This looks very cool.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Not seeing any more reviews here, its depressing. Its the kind of game TouchArcadians like: NO IAP, no pay-to-win mechanics, lots of unlockable weapons, stuff to customize your character with, hectic and fun gameplay... the developer even left a button to complete it all instantly (by mistake, but shows how he thinks), so we can guess his thoughts on IAP). It really feel like a game from the past with modern features. My Game of the Week without doubt.

11. forceofhabit

<3

I forgot to post THIS here. (How do I embed it?!!)

YouTube: video

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Same here, definitely my GOTY. While it owes some aspects to Super Crate Box, I think it evolves and improves on that framework.

Levels that change as you play, forcing you to adapt.
    Simple controls that work well and take time and skill to master.
    That feeling of being half out of control as you bounce around the screen, half in control as you position yourself and time combo shots.
    Diverse and inventive weapons
    A sense of humor, and just addictive and fun
    And of course, it's 100% premium

13. Bronxsta

(youtube)part after "v="(/youtube), with brackets instead of parenthesis

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Haha I feel the same way about your game. <3

And also I highly agree with Bronxsta, highly agree with everything written there, my Game of the Week and can even end up on my Game of the Year list, need to see first the endless mode to verify. Anyone knows?

15. Bronxsta

#35 Bronxsta, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    It's not actually an endless mode. It's Iron Man, one life to complete all the levels in a world. If you die, you start from the first level
    (I think)

16. forceofhabit

Correct! Survive as long as possible for the highscore. Lucky every level has it's own music, otherwise it would be a chore!

No way, it'd still be fun. I should set the highscore for y'all to beat me. :)

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    That description sound a bit like endless to me... Survive as long as you can with one life. Great :)

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just wanted to agree with all the greet things that have been said so far.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't worry. I'll be getting it. Just waiting for the tax refund to come so I can worry less about paying the mortage ;)

20. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Game of the year talk in February?
    Guess I'll have to see for myself.