Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh wow, 3-4? I havent made it pass 2-1... that level is hard with the moving platform on top...

Really happy to see Andy and Bronxsta on the same side with this one, now we need SyntheticVoid in here. This game was made for him :D

I thinks weapons havent been mentioned... the weapons unlock are amazing! Every single one you unlock is better than the previous one and here we dont have dual guns to be frustrated with, all of them rock!

I encourage all to pick this up :)

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    3 stars for world 2. Level 18 was a little tricksy. :)

3. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

Katana

4. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I meant like in Super Crate Box that weapon was frustrating... Whenever I got those it was like: "Im going to die", they were useless. Here every weapons rock the house :)

I guess your katana was my dual guns :p

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Disc Gun.

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh, I had that hidden in some deep corner of my mind as I just was looking at "disc gun" and wondered for some seconds what is was... Those were more frustrating than the dual guns or the katana for sure.

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I love this game but I just really hate the limited toast levels... I don't get why there part of the reg. levels? You can't get crates, ur only shooting white bread, why have these?

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I was just going to comment that Apple are out of their minds for not featuring this. The comments on here are beyond praise - all the people I keep an eye out for impressions are here and complimenting. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this in the AppStore; it's everything I love about gaming. Counting down the days to payday so I can get this!

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Disc Gun is awesome. You just have to know how to use it I guess :)

10. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I think the idea is just to mix up how you play by adding a different element. Normally, there is no penalty really for blasting away as much as you can control. With the limited levels you just have to be more cautious. I prefer the other levels myself as well, but nothing wrong with adding some variety to the game imo

11. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

#71 forceofhabit, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    We wanted to switch up the formula a bit to keep things interesting. We were thinking of a puzzle/challenge mode early on, but that didn't make the final cut, and the limited ammo levels did. They're sort of an exercise in accuracy, pacing and control, whereas on the other levels you can blast things away willy nilly.

I do agree though, they're more challenging than they are fun. They were pretty fun to design, but maybe that's the sadist in me! ;)

Lucky there's only 5 of 'em!

12. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Love this to pieces.

Everything comes together beautifully - sound, visuals, the whole package. Great achievements, super nice power-ups and a well devised difficulty curve.

Big props to the devs for making a genuinely fun and accessible ball of goodness.

And good to see the Bristol crew in effect as I'm a south west boy myself :)

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I currently up to world four somewhere.
    My daughter was watching me play and we both got the giggles at the level titled fannying around.
    It's a little private joke as I'm always complainy that I end up being late for things cos I'm fannying around getting other peoples stuff together.

14. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I don't understand the super crate box comparisons (I think the gameplay is different and completely original) but I do understand the game of the week/year mentions.

This game is brilliant.

15. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Both games have upgrades, ur shooting enimies that are spawning, there's character customization.

It's def in the same league with super Crate box, but different enough to still be fresh and fun.

If the devs are interested I have a few ideas :

-A single level endless mode
    -make the ground slam thing more pronounced somehow
    - make the aiming bread weapon(this one usually screws me up hitting the wrong target) and possibly others optional( like u can turn on which ones u want)
    - have some like boss levels?
    - I think a multi-touch weapon would be cool(but I guess it would be awkward)

That's it...

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    That's half of the App Store. Anyway, this game is fantastic.
    I don't know what gets my gotw vote
    Cloudbreakers, spellquest, toad rider, and toast time are all games of the week most weeks in my opinion.
    This ones tough.

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

- You're in a small multi-tiered arena
    - Enemies flood the arena
    - You collect crates to equip a random weapon
    - You need to collect X amount of crates to unlock new weapons
    - It's twitchy and arcade-y

18. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Yeah. I guess after I've played (and loved) Ghost Toasters and Muffin Knight, this feels highly original.

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Congratulations Toast Time on receiving TA's Game of the Week!
    Much deserved.

20. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    And congrats to Bronxsta for being quoted twice for his great impressions :D