Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#81 Bronxsta, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Just saw :D
    Congrats on the GOTW, Toast Time deserves all the praise it gets

2. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just want to say that the trailer is hilarious, I hadn't seen it before the GOTW article. Well done.

3. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Wow!
    The more I play this the more I realize how great this game really is.
    Super Crate box is one of my all time iFavorites. Comparisons aside, this game may actually be better than SCB!

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You know what I don't understand? How this game -- next to Threes! -- is getting quite a bit of attention, but yet other releases this week that I've seen less in the press (Avoid, Toad Rider, Patrick Wayne's Winter Games) are all in the Top 200 paid games. Of course, Threes is #1, but this is nowhere to be found on the charts. That's not to say the other games aren't deserving, especially Threes!

Still, I hope sales go well for this.

5. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #85 Lazer Kat, Feb 8, 2014
    Especially since it's featured by Apple in hot new games.
    Every other featured gAme is in the top! even older games (like AaaAaAaAhhhhh!), which haven't been in the charts in forever, are in the top 100 just from the less visible apple feature.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its the AppStore, its quite a puzzle itself. But Im happy this game is getting recognition, at least among users and press. This TA GoTW should give more exposure and I hope a 5 stars reviews follows. Its also my GOTW and Game of the Year material.

7. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I thought GOTW would be Threes! Without question. Though I wanted it to be Eliss cos that game is so damn sexy it hurts. But I hadn't even considered this game!

I almost spat my breakfast accross the room when I saw that this game had GOTW. Like seriously?!?

But then I watched the trailer in bemusement as to how this had beaten all the others, and I must say, this game looks AMAZING!

Well done TA. Clever choice. I would never of even considered buying this. But you notified me to a glorious little IAP FREE game (something I am always screaming for every week.)

I really hope this game gets more attention from this.

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Bought it. Love it. (I'll pay for even more updates :D) Just wish my iphone5 didn't die so fast in general lol.

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I was gonna get Eliss Infinity (I never played the original) but this seems much more intriguing, since I loved super crate box and muffin knight. What do you guys think?

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  11. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Buy it and say thanks after ;-)

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmm I seem to be having a bit of trouble, there was no "Hell yes" option :/

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I found it :D

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    One of the stupidest reviews I've ever seen.

Attached Files:

15. Bronxsta

You chose wisely.

How is Eliss? Is it a game I'd like?

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    You really need them both.
    They are each game of the year contenders IMO.

Hell yes.

17. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

#97 forceofhabit, Feb 8, 2014
    Thank you, and thanks everybody else in the thread. I won't indulge the details, but we're feeling lots of emotions right now.

Aha, jeez - can't win 'em all! For anyone else wondering why we like British humour so much... we're British! We spoke about this a little in an interview that was published today. :)

Just curious as a show of hands (but probably pitching to the wrong audience), who would also want to play this on PC/desktop?

Edit: can we all go and leave nice reviews so the 2* chap doesn't stand out so much? ;)

18. Bronxsta

I think this would work great with a mouse. (I'm equally a PC and IOS gamer, so I might have a different perspective than others here). Just know that if you're looking to release on Steam, many players are very hostile to IOS-to-PC ports.

i.e. From the Reaper forum on Steam
    That's a pretty common mentality, unfortunately.

Personally I'd definitely love to see this on PC, and I think it could open even more gameplay possibilities (level editor, modding, bigger arenas, etc.)

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Bronxsta probably would.
    I'm not too keen on the idea personally, only because it feels so perfect with touch controls.

20. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

You're right about that, and I actually have the same mentality. I avoid(ed) clunky buttons and UI for that purpose. There's no escaping the fact that it has a 3-star-rating system and is portrait, though.

Not that it was a mobile game, but Chocolate Castle is a little game that runs in a window and is a nice tea-break puzzler - could imagine it being a bit like that. Something like GOG might be more appropriate.

Keeping options open. :)