Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yes he is. He's working on a twitch platfomer

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #122 TheFrost, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    Im working on an endless runner for iOS that will have a platformer, a swimmer and a flyer zones and boss fights, upgrades, a shop, different characters with different abilities and much more... I am giving it some final details before entering beta testing soon. I will announce then. :)

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Well, okay.
    I just thought it weird to not show the default costume things, since everyone could pick something different and default therefore makes the most sense for the icon.
    It does look okay as it is. Just a minor nitpick here. :p

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hopefully timers and IAPs? :D

5. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #125 Intendro, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    *BZZT*

I think that's my sarcasm detector going off...
    :p

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thinking more of free with only IAP to remove ads. Seems like the best option to me right now. Every body can try it and if they like it and dont want ads you have the option. But I have to clue yet, will have to investigate about it.

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That seems fair :)

Is there a forum thread for it?

8. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #128 Intendro, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    I found a couple of glitches.

In the customization screen, pick Share. You see a picture of your costume setup... You have to tap the screen to bring up a menu, which is a bit odd, but the glitch is that the status bar has shown up and when you exit this screen the status bar is still on the screen until you close the game (not the "bar" but the Internet connection indicator, time, and battery amount.)

And here's a picture of one of the losing messages. Note the line attached to the right of the :( face. That doesn't look like it should be there.

(iPhone 5. iOS 7.0.4.)

Attached Files:

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm almost about to take the plunge on this but I'm conflicted with other apps that cost about the same price of $3 that might give me more play time so I'm wondering, how long does this game last? "Most" games like this typically give me 1-2 hours of playtime and I've already beaten it (aside from endless runs) and get bored, so how long would this game take? Thanks in advance!

10. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    More than "1-2 hours". If you want to unlock everything (costumes, extra, and weapons) and finish the five worlds perfectly (with 9 levels in each), you will need a lot of time. Of course, it depends if you are a skilled player or not and whether or not you want to finish it completely.

Ps: I didn't take the iron mode ("endless" mode) into account.

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    No, not yet, but very soon (first I need to make a video, and learn how to make one...)

A lot more than 2 hours, only with the weapon unlock and the costume unlocks you have quite a few hours, that without counting 80 levels and a survival mode (not quite the endless you may think of).

12. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

App Store just tweeted about the game! Hopefully that pushes it up a bit. :D

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That's awesome! Hope it helps you out :D

14. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #134 Intendro, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    My Ironman highest score/time/crates collected were not saved locally to my device (I was offline).
    That's no good. It's my accomplishments. It should work offline.

15. forceofhabit

Somebody likes to find all the bugs!

The score/time/crates should be saved, perhaps you didn't beat your highest?

For scores in the highscore modal popup/thing, they should show up under the "local" tab, but this will only happen if the score is successfully submitted online.

If scores were submitted locally first and then online after (the opposite way around to what it currently is), when one doesn't have a connection, the user could keep hitting submit and would end up with loads of saved local scores.

16. forceofhabit

Battery/clock bar was visible by default for the first 12 hours of release (silly iOS7) - had to get an update expedited! We'll look at this in the next update.

Not sure what we can do about the line on the bracket. That's just how the bitmap font compiled, and it does it every time.

17. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Finland
    Very nice game indeed!

Cant complain about anything else that now im stuck to level 27... Well lets fix that with 20 more tries.

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yeah, that one's tough. Also have discovered that half pipes definitely aren't heaven. I really like that you unlock several levels at a time. I know some people don't want to go on unless they three-starred all the previous levels, but I have no qualms about that and while the difficulty doesn't get any easier in later levels, I still manage to finish some of them (by accident, it seems sometimes).

I don't normally love games with this much randomness and chaos, but somehow I'm still enjoying this a lot. I think it's the style, the music and the humor that keeps drawing me in.

19. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The poll is active in the game of the week thread, don't forget to vote guys. it's a close one.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay I love this game. Thanks for giving the extra push guys :)

Are there any plans to extend this game further or is this it? Aside from bugs?