Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

YES. How can I make this swing in our favour? ;-)

We've got some more levels to roll out soon (next month or so).

We also still have a gazillion ideas that didn't make it in to the game, mostly different game modes. One of them is "weapon challenges" where you keep a single weapon (be it bagels/baguettes/breadcrumbs) for a level and the enemy patterns are designed around that. Not sure if modes will come as an update or as a separate app, but levels will definitely be free. :)

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I read on the thread an idea about a single room endless mode and that would be awesome. Please consider it :)

3. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    The game is super complete as it is and I'm just looking forward to whatever you're making, be it updates to this or a new game. I would personally love it though if new levels don't get progressively harder and harder. I think only the most hardcore gamers will really love that, and those gamers will just as much appreciate a true endless mode or other highscore mode to show off their skills, and that will appeal to us more mediocre gamers as well. Just my opinion of course, and like I said, I support everything you do.

This is one of the few arcade-y games where the soundtrack get's stuck in my head, and I actually enjoy it.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Congrats on the perfect score from TA!
    http://toucharcade.com/2014/02/11/toast-time-review/

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I just looked at the On the Line review, didnt see this. Congrats on a perfect score! :)

6. forceofhabit

Thank you - we're chuffed to bits! :)

Incidentally, we're going to be talking nonsense (livestreaming) in one hour on the 148Apps twitch channel. 7 PM GMT, today.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the toasty review! :D

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #148 Intendro, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    I have no score/time/crates at all.

I see that it does not save my score unless I submit it online...
    ...What? I closed the game and started it again. Now my "local" score/time/crates aren't even there anymore...

Argh!
    I should be able to see them offline without having to have a connection to submit them! They are my own accomplishments.
    Fix it please! :(

This is like needing a connection to successfully beat a final boss in a game. I don't actually need to show the world I did it.
    Plus this means I have to connect when I get a score, instead of being able to send it whenever.

I lasted, I don't know, several minutes on my first attempt, but that attempt wasn't saved. :(
    The rest of the game saves offline.
    Everything should.

Also, I can't type a name in the name box, because it only gives me the number pad.
    Those letters are just for show, it seems. Tapping the same number multiple times, or holding on a number, both do nothing.

Attached Files:

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    That is a great review, congrats indeed! I was surprised by this though "Visually Toast isn't going to wow anyone" because the screenshots are what made me instantly interested, before knowing anything about the game.
    Also, I think the game could appeal to people who didn't like Super Crate Box as well. It feels so different, with the distinct levels and (perhaps more importantly) direct touch controls vs virtual buttons.

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

If they could make it so the room changes at random intervals, that would be an awesome mode.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Been tempted to take a look at this because of reviews and opinions around here bit unsure after seeing a post on this page though. Updates sound good with levels but saying if you added new modes they might be in a separate app? As an IAP would be better nobody wants two of the same app on their device besides it's a waste of memory as I'm sure it'll take up less space built into the same app?

12. forceofhabit

#152 forceofhabit, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    Will look at all of these as soon as! What's your device and iOS version? Anybody else having problems with this? The first bit about scores not saving - the latter bit about the numpad is definitely a bug on iPhones (but not iPads).

We had this in initially but there wasn't enough variation / it wasn't very fun. It might see a return, but no promises. :)

Hold up! We're just throwing ideas around here. Nothing is concrete, this is obviously something we'd consider. On one side of a coin, extra modes could get lost in an already (at least I feel) heavy UI, on the other side of that coin is something synonymous to Angry Birds and all of it's variations. What we've published is an already complete game - anything added is a bonus. Please consider it. :)

13. speck9900

speck9900 Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Rated 5 stars! The game is just pure fun!

14. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #154 Intendro, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    See next post for actual post.
    I somehow double posted. I edited my post... so how did I get a double post out of that? :confused:
    "Edit/Delete" button... Where's the delete option? :confused: I can't see how to delete this post.

15. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    iPhone 5. iOS 7.0.4.
    It really needs to let me save and see my own scores with no internet connection. :eek:

Extra modes like this game make sense to just be in this game.
    There's already one extra mode. Maybe change it into a button that goes to an "extra modes" screen? That's simple enough.

Speaking of IAP, I really do not like IAP because they can't be backed up properly... (The IAP would have to be downloaded from the server to get it back, and if the game no longer exists on the server it's not there anymore. And you have to be able to get a connection to the server...
    Any app removed from the iTunes backup no longer has its data backed up; there's no backup unless the app stays on the device... Apple didn't think this through.)

16. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    If u need any more ideas besides the single level endless.

You could do a dont get hit mode without the clock. Also have double and triple Coffe time etc..

And my idea for a new weapon - hot toaster that kills enimies when your touch them.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is it possible to add a stat per level (on the level selection) that shows how many enemies you've killed? Kinda like how many crates you got, etc. It'd be great to see how big my rampage was for each level.

18. forceofhabit

Oomph, that data isn't recorded. It's possible to show how many attempts (passes/fails) you took on a level though... You mean where the thumbnail of the level comes up and it shows high score / crates / star rating, right?

19. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Wow! This game really IS a whole helluva lotta fun!

20. forceofhabit

App Annie droppin' "woah" bombs.