Universal Toast Time (by Force of Habit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup! Well any new stats are fine. It just felt like something was missing that's all.

2. forceofhabit

forceofhabit Well-Known Member

Hi all,

As Toast Time is now apparently featured in "Best New Games" in 63 countries, I wanted to pick your brains on what you think about price drops so soon after release.

There are more eyes on the game right now than there have ever been and perhaps more than there ever will be. I don't think we could muster this much attention again.

Given you've posted here or are reading this, you're probably a fan of the game, would you feel shafted if we reduced the price for a few days until the feature ends? A bunch of other games are cheaper, and a chance like this doesn't come twice (as far as I know it). App Store purchases are generally (supposedly) impulse buys, so we want to try to make it more attractive to those casual browsers.

If we did choose to reduce the price (for that set period of time -- nothing final yet so don't hold out), we'd make producing a new level pack a priority to make it up to all the folk who have already bought it - YOU! All DLC free and all that.

We're a bit uncertain on it all, so if you empty your brains here, that would be brill. :)

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    From your standpoint I would do it. From mine I'd be a bit ehhh on it. Because this was actually one of the pricier games I've bought. It's good I'll give you that but I really had to weigh in a lot of options before buying it because of some other games I wanted to buy.

People on the app store are often thinking of wanting the most bang for their buck so that's how it goes with wanting everything 99 cents. I was actually waiting for a price drop for a while before finally giving in. I would have bought it day 1 if it was 99 cents but it took some convincing to make me finally pay up the $3. But I guess ultimately it's gonna be up to you but I think 99 cents would probably make you a lot more money than keeping it at $3.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yeah reduce it. Your game is great and apart from TA, didn't seem to gather much attention.

I wouldn't feel shafted. I'd feel the opposite especially if this price drop brings a ton of sales for you guys.

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I just bought it this morning and love it. If you drop the price, so be it. The game is fantastic. IMO the only price point that you could drop to would be $.99 that would have a major impact. You are bound to have some early adopters that'll be mad but you will certainly get a LOT more sales. Either way I'm happy with my purchase.

See my short and to the point AppStore review, I mean that (same user name as here) ;)

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Personally I think the game was a bargain at £2. Like you say the game will likely never be as visible in the App Store as it is now, so it's difficult to turn down this opportunity to perhaps get a lot more people downloading your game. The fact that you're asking your customers on here our opinions before you make a decision is enough for me to support you guys in whatever you decide.

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    lol, I just bought it this morning! Maybe should have waited a couple more days. Oh well. Haven't had much time to play but looks fun so far...

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Price drops are a fact of life for IOS gamers. Everyone here understands it and likely have both been vicitimized and benefited from them. The developer needs to respond to opportunities and adjust pricing to maximize profit. The Toast Time game deserves to succeed.

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Take advantage of the exposure
    Maybe you can frame the drop as a Valentine's Day sale or something like that

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'd drop it! I just bought it a few days ago and it's great. Worth what I paid for it. You need to get it into as many hands as you can, while you can.

11. forceofhabit

Thank you all for the feedback - we've gone for it! It's now 69p $0.99 until the feature period ends (probably Thursday).

New level pack is a top priority for you lot.
    Please help spread the word! (Where do I post this in the forum?)

[​IMG]

Thank you thank you thank you!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    That's bizarre, this game was featured in the US last week, but everywhere else this week? Weird. Too bad they couldn't have been featured at the same time so the US got better sales

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    There is a price drop category to post it.

Also you could ask a Mod to change the thread name to say "now 99c" or something

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    @Force of habit, like I told you before, I paid $2.99 yesterday and am happy that I did. I'm a huge fan of pure arcade games and let me say this is the BEST there is on iOS!

At $.99 this beautiful game is an absolute steal. I hope during the sale you sell the hell out of it so you can further support it and new projects you might be working on. Congrats on your current success and hope the game skyrockets up the charts. :D

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I saw the price drop i felt a but miffed but hadn't read this thread in a few days so after reading your reAsons why I totally understand, hope you get loads of sales, look forward to the next level pack, good luck.

16. forceofhabit

We mentioned a level pack earlier...

Nick is coming up with new content already, and I (Ashley) am trying out some new colours and patterns. We missed the boat on Valentine's Day, but pink and cyan(ish) are the only colours we have left (I think...)!

Obviously this isn't final, but thought it might be nice to share the process with you. :)

[​IMG]

17. Bronxsta

You guys are fast. Can't wait for the new levels
    And no I'm not one of the developers! (Reddit in-joke, the devs get it)

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. Bronxsta

Yeah I posted my impressions in the Reddit thread about the price drop and
    "What real person"? Guess I'm unique then