TOFTA - Take One for TouchArcade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Arashi541, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Haha thanks! I say we send a petition to IMNS! Whose with me!!!:D

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Me! :D

3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Obviously, you can't count me in.

4. Arashi541

If anyone needs a TOFTA for Guardian Saga I'll do it! :D

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Playing Guardian Saga now myself, I recommend picking it up for your own sake.

6. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Dood there's no TOFTAing there. Just get it already. It's good.

7. Arashi541

Oh I know it's good but just wanted to know if anyone wanted me to do a review(TOFTA) for it. Buying tomorrow morning.

8. jshorcutt

jshorcutt Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    High School Newspaper(Crimson Newsmag) Sports Co-E
    Paso Robles, CA
    I'll TOFTA some games! Send me some requests. Not a fan of RPGs though. Love puzzlers. :D

9. Arashi541

Great! I'll add you to the team when I get back. Anyone have any requests for our volunteers?

10. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    For the platformer TOFTA volunteers, can one of you guys TOFTA Roboto?

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #51 LOLavi, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    I will TOFTA it! I am one of the platformer toftaers. Will update this post tomorrow.

Despite the fact this doesn't need TOFTA here it is. I didn't like this game. I found the joystick controls unresponsive and jumping was awkward sometimes too. On the bright side, graphics, sounds heck even level select is amazing! I'm one of the few who hate this so you might just like this, it's just me who doesn't like it.

12. Arashi541

Will someone TOFTA, Glowfish full edition for iPod? It's 2.99. Sorry for not posting the link but I'm on my iPod right now.

13. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
  14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Seriously!? This is NOT what this thread is for!!!
    MANY critics have reviewed it, as a simple GOOGLE search will reveal MANY reviews from sites such as IGN, slidetoplay and also, Toucharcade.

It's hard not to get angry at some lazy person who asks for the forum community's help without doing any research for impressions of a game. Also, the thread you linked have MANY users giving positive impressions of the game.

Anyway, you don't deserve any help.

15. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    That is very rude and unprofessional calling out names! You don't know me and should never ever call me lazy!! If You're angry, don't Respond! As simple as that!

Just because the app got positive reviews, it doesn't mean it's gameplay is good! All I want was a comparison with the zombie highway. All other sources you mentioned don't even come close to TA. It's not as authentically reviewed as here in TA. Unfortunately for this game, most of the reviewers concentrated on things they would like to see in future updates!

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #56 gunxsword, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    Are you M-A-D??? Give me one game that is well received (receiving 9.0 from IGN!?, topping PAID charts!?) with POOR gameplay. Seriously, check your arguments... critics can and will praise games for outstanding aspects such as graphics and sound but poor gameplay WILL leave negative impressions.
    :confused: @#%!@ WTF? Two things...
    1. Zombie Gunship and Zombie Highway??? They don't even relate to each other!!! (other than zombies. Hell! Even the gun calibers are different!)
    2. Impressions cannot be gauged, they are merely IMPRESSIONS and OPINIONS from other players. I would say that most sources are better than forum impressions because they are often more detailed. Plus, I also mentioned that TOUCHARCADE reviewed the game!

I would also say that a lot of people who bought this game without reading any impressions because they knew it would be similar to the FAMOUS Call of Duty 4 LEVEL

MOST importantly however, there are already a LOT of people who's bought this game (top paid chart anyone?) so what's your reason for requesting TOFTT?
    I guess we're both breaking the rules of this thread here but you could seriously have asked ANYONE in the Zombie Gunship thread (private/public message) for detailed impressions should you see fit.

There was never a reason for you to request TOFTT to begin with.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read. Period.

18. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say about anything related to iOS before.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    On a similar token, you asked for someone to TOFTA Roboto... and the thread for that game has over 100 posts in it. Where do we draw the line? Some of these games have plenty of information in their respctive topics already, or failing that, you could just post in said topic and probably receive a fairly quick answer there. Isn't the idea of this topic that we can get details on less popular games?

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    True. But I'm TOFTAing it for him cause I wanna play it too :p