TOFTA - Take One for TouchArcade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Arashi541, Jul 27, 2011.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    TOFTAing should be done in the first day of release i reckon, Before any major reviews are done. Probably a thursday morning. Or maybe look at the list of upcoming games i have done and the decide to TOFTA one the before it releases, then get it after it's out so people know that your checking it out and they don't need to ask....

2. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I agree with this. The whole point with TOFTA is to give FIRST impressions of games so everyone else knows what to expect. If the game has already gotten impressions, then it's not a TOFTA anymore as that person already took one for TA. So, this thread should mainly focus on games that have had very little exposure and haven't had impressions or for brand new games that just came out. Again, as I understand it, TOFTA means you are the first one to buy a game AND give impressions of it, that's the whole point.

On another note, I purchased Dogfight...anyone care to hear some impressions on that?
    Here's the thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=101825&highlight=dogfight

3. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Maybe there should be a better description as to what TOFTA actually is for? I had to read through all the posts to get an idea of what it means and I am still not entirely sure.

I am assuming at this point it is for reviews of games that seem horrible? Also, the initial post uses the acronyms of TOFTA, TOFTT, and TOFFT and I only know the first from the title of the thread, and can guess what the second is (Take One for the Team), but have no clue what the latter stands for.

So could the Original Poster please add a good description at the top so we all don't get yelled at by Gunxsword?

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I think the last one might be Take One for f*****g toucharcade. Not that it is that but only one i could think of :p

Not that i think it should be that as TA is AWESOME!!! :p

5. sanitymops

Apr 20, 2011
    Haha! Yeah I like that one.

I am assuming it was a typo by the OP but perhaps we should adopt it as the new thread name :D

6. Tom261

Tom261 Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I felt the same way about roboto. Almost everything is great about this game, it's just that the controls are unresponsive

7. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Can someone TOFTT on Double Dragon.

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    TOFTA Angry Birds anyone? Please??

Sorry, I felt like being a troll. Nevermind me. I'll now scurry away peacefully.

9. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thank you! Well said!

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Not "horrible" games, just games you're interested in but are slightly unsure about. Maybe you want clarification on the control scheme, amount of content, Game Center support, etc...

11. sanitymops

Apr 20, 2011
    ah ok, so just info that isn't available elsewhere?

12. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
  13. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Oh lol I purchased that one ages ago! I'll leave impressions in the iPhone game thread.

Hey wait, I've written a review for it haven't I? Yup, copy & pasting my own review now!

Since there was no thread for it I created one just for that purpose...

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Couldn't have said it better.

Arashi541 should use this paragraph (edited version at least) as the introduction of this thread.

15. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Ah, now that is exactly what I was looking for. I hadn't heard if the game was even decent, so what you said has really piqued my interest and I'll be getting the game once I get another iTunes card. Thanks for the TOFTA :D

16. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Will do!! Coming home to a computer tomorrow tomorrow. Great description!!!

17. Arashi541

Okay guys I updated the description and added in a few members now that im back. If I missed anybody or messed up with the OP please pm me. Enjoy and thanks to crex for holding up the fort when I was gone.

18. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    You missed me, but I'm not as well-established as the other posters on the list so maybe that's intentional. If not, I'll do any class of RPG, Puzzle games, and anything innovative/weird.

19. Arashi541

Nope it doesnt matter how many posts you have. (except if you have one post) Added you to the list.

20. legowiz

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    #80 legowiz, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    I could be a TOFTAer, I just can't do it too much, and I'll probably be pretty picky about my choices (limited budget), but I'd love to take a few for TA on occasion!

Edit: I like mostly casual games. Physics, Puzzle, Platform, Action, Arcade, almost anything with glowy neon graphics :D, pretty much anything that looks nice, has some polish, and can be played in 15min segments.