Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by YuliYuli, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Sent you all promos via PM :)

Would love to know what you think after you give it a try! :)

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #22 Jerutix, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    I've played one run so far, and this game is FANTASTIC! It moves so quick, looks so good, and has the perfect amount of challenge for an endless runner type. I can definitely see this one being really popular.

Edit: About 10 more runs in, and I still love it! This game is great!

3. teknalb

teknalb Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Already at level 2! Haha this game is awesome and really fast paced if you couldn't tell from the gameplay videos.

Question for the dev. If I disable ads, will there still be the option to watch an add for 500 coins? Thanks again for the early access!

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks for the code!
    The game is great! I'm slowly getting better at it.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #25 Qwertz555, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks Yuli for the early code.

Very quick and honest impressions...
    I have a soft spot for these simple two colored icons. Lovely work in my eyes. But not for names like Tomb of th... Pity.

The overall cool ZX Spectrum presentation serves me my possible next one-hand-wonder addiction. Quick path planning and faster evacuation of my mask is needed. This happens through top notch responsive swipes and a double tap for the shield.
    Unfortunately, playing one-handed is strongly limited due to a very uncomfortable and not easy reachable spot to skip the revive screen, argh!
    For my liking, this is very badly designed. Sorry, dear Devs.

Very short in, reached level 3, so i don't have enough coins yet (waisted 200 on the wheel) to find out the possible worst szenario for myself...
    Revive for 500 coins - how many are possible to rule the only one GC leaderboard?
    *prays for only one revive*

Installed MB 60, a cheap ads-free for $1 and again, a game without a restorable coin doubler right from the beginning. Missed opportunity to get more coins from me. Damn.

Ehrm, already a hacker on the leaderboard or the overall score during development, lol.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #26 Gwarmaxx, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    i'm enjoying it so much, really good, fast and responsive... and love this ZX vibe, always welcome for an old gamer!

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Damn this looks so freaking sweet!

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    REALLY liking this! Kind of like Downwell meets Pac-Man but still it's own unique animal. The F2P aspects are not intrusive -- mostly like other games where video ads can be used for revives.

But it's a very, very addictive, just one-more-try type of game. Definitely see this staying on my iPhone for a long time to come.

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    How many character level-ups are there? I'm almost at 4.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This somes it up perfectly! This will be my new addiction! Please add a coin doubler or tripler since the prices of the items are so much. And please add an iap to allow one automatic free revive per turn. You've made such a good game! I already got the ad removal iap but I didn't see any pop ups in the ten minutes I was playing before I got it.

11. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    The No Ads IAP removes all pop-up ads :)

12. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    There are 20 :)

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'll take a code if you have any left, been looking forward to this game. Thanks. :)

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #34 Qwertz555, Feb 3, 2016
    Lol, the brilliant Pac-Man 256 plays like tripled slo-mo compared to this genious addictive pearl.

As a thanks for the early bird code, i watched some ads to save up the coins for the revive test...
    I died, watched a revive ad worth 500, died again, paid 1000, died a third time, paid 1500, died, 2000 to revive...sigh!

Maybe Happymagenta provides the pop-up ads** removing fans with a pure one run-no revive leaderboard?
    What an appreciated move this would be, really.

**Holy friggin cow, rais that price to three bucks before launch. You deserve it. That dirt cheap one dollar is too expensive anyways for all those spoiled f2p kids.

PS: my last two account bucks are reserved for another favorite Dev of mine (hint: Space Grunts).
    With my new uploaded credits next week, i will keep on supporting you guys, as usual.

Edit: wow, just saw the approvements you made, already, even for the stats of the masks. Thanks.
    *caugh* the chest of coins should be 25k-ish *caugh*

15. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks! :) concerning the chest of coins - check it now :)

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #36 LordShad0wz, Feb 3, 2016
    I can safely say the TA community is going to love this game. I've only played for 15 minutes and I'm really really really really liking this game! I'll report back later after I've given it a few hours.

I've paid to remove the pop up ads.

Billy

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Agreed. This game is some great great fun. My new fav.

18. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks for loving the game guys :)

A few notes regarding your posts and your questions.

We're still tuninig gameplay parameters. So, just in case you notice something strange about it, like ridiculous amounts of coins in IAP packs, let us know. That issue was already reported and should have been fixed already. The game was still running with parameters from the testing profile. Kill the game and restart it in case you still have older values.

The popup ads removal IAP removed popup ads, but they aren't active yet. Usually when we launch the game we do not turn them on and decide on that to turn them on later as we have more stats and based on other factors. As you might have noticed in our latest games Hyper Swiper and Into the Dim we didn't turn popup ads after games launches. That's because popup static ads give now much less money in terms of monetization and make not too much sense when there is no Game of War marketing budget around being spent on buying installs for $15-20+. Nowadays Hyper Swiper gives some more money per user on ads than a game with popup ads. So we prefer now to keep a smother game experience with opt-in only video ads. Thus no popup ads IAP is currently more like one of ways to say thanks to us, the devs.

The coin doubler is most likely to come with an update.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Looks like Pac Man on acid! Cant wait till next week. Another brilliant game by HappyMagenta. :D

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I would definitely purchase a coin doubler. Absolutely. This game warrants it.

Billy