Universal Toon Shooters 2: The Freelancers (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Having a bit of QA time on it now, it's designed to pull your most progressed save data from iCloud and resync back to your new or deleted device.

However, right now we're still trying to make sure we saved every important game info (coins, upgrades, progress etc...) bit of a race against time, if you really want to wipe your phone and can't wait any more the next best thing I can do is give your coins back when the update goes live (but cant restore stages).

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    It's no problem, not urgent at all.

Do you think the update will most likely land next week?

3. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    We'll be working tomorrow morning on it, Saturday is our goal then :)

The other changes include these:

- Premium users earn 1 continue per stage clear (Lords idea)
    - Entry difficulty lowered.
    - Collision damage reduced slightly.
    - Spinning Koji pet upgraded speed & range.
    - Cyclonius & Hydra game balance tweak.
    - Multiplayer in-game powerups spread improved.

4. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #64 TheSop, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Can't wait! Where in the world are you based? I am UK so tomorrow is Saturday for me.

5. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong, I'm ahead of you by 8 hours .... I remember it well cause I watch the EPL at like.. 11am or midnight now

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Oh I see, so the update could be out fairly soon then :)

EPL is the best.

7. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    It's been a strange launch compared to say - superboys, where we got game of the week, lots of noise but low revenue due to our muddled monetisation. Toon Shooters 2 got worldwide features and much better revenue but very low ratings and generally very quiet on the talk and reviews.

From the feedback and mostly my observation I would say the main thing that hurts us this time is the difficulty being too high near the beginning and a few multiplayer bugs.

I can't wait for the update that's due out tomorrow, it addresses lots of issues which hurt our rating, improves gameplay, especially in multiplayer, so if you are still playing the current slightly hard version, hang in there~ medikits are on their way!

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Tomorrow being Sunday?

9. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    That's right, Apples review process is impressively quick nowadays but they can still catch stuff we missed and grab us by the sack.

Forgot to mention in multiplayer there's a much better system for collecting Pow ups now and you no longer get them snatched away by others, as a result everyone will be able to show off their weapons and equipment on their characters better, rather than always fighting bare and dying.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have not had any issues with multiplayer whatsoever. I did start playing after that last update though. So maybe that's why. As to the difficulty you know what's funny is I've gone onto almost the end but I go back to that level with the 3 headed dragon and for the life of me I cannot beat it again lol

Billy

11. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #71 Intendro, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Yolo's Air Strike has a rather obnoxious and lengthy series of white flashes during it.
    Please remove the flashes.
    #

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Any eta on the update ?

13. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Hi Sop, been waiting for review since Saturday morning (36 hours ago), really hoping someone approves it when I wake up on tuesday morning (11 hrs from now)... average review time was under a day before so not sure what's up yet

14. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Cool, so it could be anytime really. Lazy Apple, push the button.

15. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Update is out! #

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I don't see the continue for premium users unless it appears after you use up the last of the old continues?

I'm still being offered to watch an ad to continue which shouldn't be happening.

Billy

17. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    We didn't remove the option to earn by watching an ad, but I rewarded premium users with 1 continue per stage beaten, this is capped at 20 which means that you wont keep racking up continues once you have 20 or more. The changes we made are:

1) Cloud saving
    2) The heart and P no longer disappear when others collect them. This lets you enjoy more weapons in co-op, a big deal in my opinion.
    3) Reduced wall damage
    4) Stage 1 Rings are bigger
    5) Crushinators weak point exposed longer
    6) Terrivor now takes damage when his scales are destroyed (but his head is still the weak point)
    7) Cyclonius made easier
    8) Spinning Koji pet swings at longer range and faster rate.
    9) Hydra spinning balls had a hitbox bug which is now fixed

Hope this will help to improve our rating, we are getting lots of hate mail about the Star Wars influences (maybe I went overboard) and I suspect that the difficulty was making people frustrated, some blaming on controls etc. Anyway have fun, we still have a major content update coming!

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What??? Why the hell would you get hate mail?? I can't believe this. I wanted more levels like level 5.

I freaken love it!!! I want more lol. Tell them all to go fly a Star Wars kite.

Ok so we have to earn continues. Ok. It didn't explain that.

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    When you are loved this much the unloved ones are bound to try and keep company.

Their icon shows us 80's Babies we will never be Foursaken when it comes to reminding us that we come 4rm the era of action packed iz action perfect and can put a smile on our faces & make us lol

20. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Toon Shooters 2 major content update this Thursday

It's finally here as promised, 5 extra maps, 2 new characters, a leaderboard where you also see your world ranking in game - and those of other players that join in.

Last but not least we have tweaked the team dynamics between the characters. Here is a list of the roles:

Otis: clear on screen bullets
    Ben: rear cover
    Angelica: bomber
    Ted: healer
    Creed: upward cover & provides invincibility
    Paul: forward cover
    Jonathan: rear cover & provides a shield
    Messenger: strong damage dealer