TOP 5 devs/publishers on iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dankrio, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Stencilsmith_Dev

Stencilsmith_Dev Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    I totally know that, but it's nice to hear exactly what people are digging these days all within one thread. I know there's the "what are you playing" threads out there too but those huge/lengthy threads seem to get sidetracked sometimes.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    For me, gaming is about immersion, which comes from narrative/storytelling and/or intuitive/simple/fun gameplay. I am more of a minimalist guy myself.

Since I study and work a lot, sometimes complexity can be more like a chore than a hobby.

Examples of simple and addictive gameplay: rayman, Jetpack Joyride, Rayman, A Dark Room, Blackbar, Monument Valley. Well, you can get the ideia.

Add that to a sense of progression (upgrades etc) and I am yours. Lol

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    A Dark Room!! *slaps forehead* The guy behind that is definitely in my top five, Amirali Rajan.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That game is a masterpiece.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #25 Nullzone, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Nope, do yourself a favor and don't involve the (whole) community. Just like everywhere else, the signal vs. noise and brain vs. idiot rates are not in your favour ;)

Jokes aside:
    Doing this well means doing it on an almost professional level, with the resulting time commitments. And most folks here do it as a hobby, the only one I know who earns a living with game consultancy is LordGek.
    While you will get a lot of good stuff from quite a few different sources, it's still not the same as e.g. a professional UI review and resulting list of improvement suggestions.
    Just be aware of the limitations and you'll do fine ... maybe ;)

Oh and:
    This is interesting, but we hijacked the thread enough already. If you want to continue the topic, open a separate one please.

6. Stencilsmith_Dev

Stencilsmith_Dev Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 6, 2016
    Developer
    You are 100% correct. Sorry guys! Thanks for your input on my tangent. I appreciate it.