Topia: Make a cool world contest! $100 iTunes Card

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by JoshCM, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    The winner wasn't the nicest one though, so you were certainly swayed by the presentation. It was nice, but there were beter ones.

2. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Gospel

Exactly

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Guy I knows it sucks but
    1) there was nothing stating it could not be used
    2) contests over already
    3) lets just move on already and not attack each other

Just remember there will be other contests

4. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    ?

Don't post messages like that as if you were conversing with idiots. It was unnatural. He showed no ability to use the tools with precision in order to make anything resembling a realistic island/content. Going by what you're saying, the first submission is a clear winner.

No. You have that the wrong way around. You're insulting us.

5. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Ok, new competition. $50 for the best pic, made in Topia. The subject is portraits of Theisos, focusing on the expression we imagine he might have had on his face while typing the last few posts. Theisos, I hope you appreciate this gives you a massive advantage.

6. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    :)

I rather we do a portrait of your face. I'm terribly interested in what it looks like since that baby throw.

7. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Listen, I'm not after a fight here and I'm talking from my phone as I'm having a rare evening away from the keyboard. I can't even go back and check the relative merits of everyone's entries. I'll do it when I get time, you may well have a point, others seem to agree.

I'm serious about the $50 card though.

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Jeeze, calm down.

9. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Wow, entertaining thread to read on my lunch break. :rolleyes:

So what's the deadline for this new contest?

10. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    It's interesting to say the least #

11. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    You're seriously going to keep deleting my posts?

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yes.

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Here at TA we try to have a peaceful relationship with the Devs. You were lucky they even bothered to reply the first time, I told you to let it go newbie

Now lets go back to playing great games :D

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #74 Eoghann, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    It's the devs' money Thesios. They pick whoever the want. They could burn it and toss the ashes into the wind for all we care.

And you're the one to foam at the mouth for people not recognizing your talents.
    Your designs were shapes, animals and faces....all I can infer from there is that you can moderately draw using a world builder. Real artistic and creative dude.

Just nut up. And if you really need the money that bad...get a job. :)

By the way, nice work Agas. There were a lot of great entries but you added a nice story to it. I can see how you could have easily earned the reward.

@Glen and Josh: It was your contest, your decision was made. There will always be sore losers. Don't put more money into another contest just to attempt peace with this douche. If he doesn't win THAT competition it's gonna be 10 more pages of him whining how that was unfair. Save your money and your breath guys.

15. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #75 iANiMeX, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Toucharcade is the best place to interact with devs and other players and not to fight with them. And the devs already chosen their winner and there's nothing we can do about it since it is their contest and their money. Thanks.

Congrats Agas and thanks Glen and Josh for this great fun creative game and hoping to see more great games and contest soon.

16. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Thank you :)

17. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Every thing is right with the world agaIn. :)

18. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I couldn't care less about winning. If you think that my life somehow suddenly became invested in this process then you need to stop spending so much time on this forum and get more invested in real life. I'm harsh by default. If you took any time to read any of what I said, I had my favourites. The devs are being dishonest. Every reason used to justify their choice is ridiculous. My first pick would have been Tea777's hidden world.

I also write software. I've written all sorts of things, including games. My job isn't as exciting as being a "forum ranger." I'm entrusted with building enterprise level software from the ground up. No one can tell me what looks good and what doesn't. I've been doing what I do for too long.

You're correct. The money belongs to the devs but it doesn't give them the right to treat the entrants like fools.

If you find no truth in anything I've said then you need some age on you.

19. Theisos

Theisos Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I know you love the devs. How would your life go on without them?

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #80 Eoghann, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Who cares what your pick would've been? Who cares what any of us aside from the devs would've picked? It wasn't your/our contest. :)
    You want a fair contest? How bout you take your big enterprise level software making ass and make your own Topia contest with new, fair rules? I'm sure a hot shot like you can afford it. :D

It really is that simple.
    And disagreeing with you makes me an infant? Wow.

This is so much fun.