Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (Apr 23)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Apr 24, 2015.

?

What was your favorite release the week of April 23?

Poll closed May 1, 2015.
  1. Forgotten Memories

52.3%
  2. Century City

3.1%
  3. Sorcery 3

23.1%
  4. Burn It Down

1.5%
  5. Chouchou Puzzle Adventure

13.8%
  6. Does Not Commute

6.2%
  1. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    This came out too: Dark Of The Demons

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here are the outcomes of nominations:
    Forgotten memories 5
    Century City 3
    Sorcery 3
    Burn it down 2
    Chouchou Puzzle Adventure 2
    Does Not Commute 2
    ------------------------poll cutoff------------------------
    Dragon War Origin
    Wrassling
    Super Muzzle Flash
    Kayos
    Tower Slash
    Galactic Nemesis
    Mini Racing Adventures
    Zen Koi
    Dark of the Demons

Thank you; I try to add what I can to the original post but sometimes overlook stuff or am too slow at editing it in when busy... but I really appreciate people bringing up worthy titles in the thread.

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The poll is now live; participants are encouraged to discuss their choice for game of the week.

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#24 Anotherkellydown, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Galactic Nemesis would have gotten my vote if it had made it through, followed closely by Tower Slash. Since neither made the cut, I went with Century City. It's yet another clicker game that sucked me in for intangible reasons.

If you guys haven't checked out Galactic Nemesis or Tower Slash, I recommend you do. They're great for gaming on the go.

Galaxy Nemesis is so awesome and it's as inexpensive as a premium game can get, at only $.99. Plus, you'd be helping out a relatively new and very talented one-man indie game dev.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Didnt get Sorcery 3 (not yet), so i have to vote Forgotten Memories coz it's a pretty darn good game.

6. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    What the?! Ok, how did I miss it when you nominated Galactic Nemesis? I have only skimmed through the thread briefly, but am bummed I didn't see Galactic Nemesis until now. I would have most likely nominated it and then we could have both potentially voted for it!

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There weren't a lot of nominations this week; with more participants then certainly more poll eligible titles would be nominated... like Galactic Nemesis.

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I just posted in the Chouchou thread that i completly missed this pearl.

Still haven't touched Forgotten Memories, so my vote was easy.

9. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Played a few of these, it was a toss up for me between "Burn It Down" & "Does Not Commute". I'm a little bias and went for the little guy!

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Sorcery 3, inkle really delivered again. :D

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    This is really tough. This week's releases were great. I've spent most time with Century City and Mini Racing Adventures so far, but I'm still enjoying them hand in hand with Does Not Commute and Chouchou Puzzle Adventure. On top of that, I didn't get a chance to try properly Forgotten Memories because I'm still waiting for Thursday's patch. So, it's 5 games and I'm supposed to pick just one. It's impossible task. I just can't make up my mind...

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Please check the votes for Chou chou. The dev voted (!!) and a few suspicious 0 posts accounts vit's. Please nullify those ones

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What's the Slender Game doing there lol

14. Letho

Letho Member

Apr 28, 2015
    We spread the word about this contest and some of our friends have created accounts to vote for us. We're very sorry about that and we asked everyone we know to stop creating new accounts. We don't mean to disturb the voting.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep theres rules !...

2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

If every dev asked friends just to create accounts to vote it'll be a complete waste of time. The contests just a bit of fun but a shame if people have to try and rig it

16. Letho

Letho Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I understand, sorry about that.
    Please don't take into account any votes that seems suspicious (including mine :eek:)

17. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Guys,
    I've mistakenly vote for Forgotten Memories without reading the rules! How can i take my vote back?
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

This seems to happen every single week. It's just that much more work for undeadcow to go through.

Next time I do the GOTW reminder posts, I'll be sure to make the rules stand out more. I doubt this will help much, as it's already clearly stated in the reminder posts that "developers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own game!".

I understand that a dev would get excited about seeing his/her game getting all the recognition possible, but this is supposed to be a fun thing for forum members. Thanks being honest guys.

Looks like I need to try Forgotten Memories. I was trying to cut back a little after getting an email from my credit card company stating they thought there may be suspicious activity. Apparently I spent $118 on the App Store this month. Ouch...

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Before finalizing the tally I'll go through the votes to ignore those from newly created accounts of users with limited post history; developers cannot vote for their own game. It's no problem if they do, not like anyone around here doesn't know Tatoforever and his infamous upcoming games thread ;)