Touch Arcade Forums' Game of the Week (Aug 27)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Aug 31, 2015.

?

What was your favorite release the week of August 27?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2015.
  1. Sage Solitare

19.6%
  2. Beat Da Beat

8.7%
  3. Lara Croft Go

23.9%
  4. Sketch Breaker

2.2%
  5. Bullet Boy

4.3%
  6. Dandy: Or A Brief Glimpse Into The Life of the Candy Alchemist

13.0%
  7. Ski Safari 2

13.0%
  8. Tiny Empire

13.0%
  9. Walking Dead Road to Survival

2.2%
  1. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Super tough week - but I think I have to go with Lara Croft. Such a great smush up of Hitman and Monument Valley... and the animation is fantastic. Anyone want to let Ketchapp know this is how you take someone else's idea and make it your own?
    Beat da Beat, Ski Safari and Dandy are all great picks as well - can't go wrong with any of these.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Epic, thank you!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Came to post something, but this is pretty much exactly what I intended to post :p

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Sage Solitaire is a given. Only one I didn't love is Bullet Boy, and I didn't even try Walking Dead Road to Survival. But I choose Ski Safari 2 because it's the one out of the rest that I've pick up and played the most!

Beat Da Beat is my number 2 and Sketch Breaker is my number 3. I loved this last week. All awesome games. Besides the 2 I didn't try or love. :)

P.S. I will give Bullet Boy another try. Maybe I will love it too eventually. And Walking Dead might get attention on one of our Androids.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    2 suspect votes for new accounts and developers will be voided from Tiny Empire - "diegosato" created an account for the purpose of voting in the contest and "ovnistudio" is a developer.

I can't actually remove the votes from the poll so we will have to sort of 'pretend they don't exist.'

6. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Hi guys, Tiny Empire developer here!

I wanted to apologize for that, we kinda messed things up unintentionally. We told our friends about the poll here and, even though we told them there were rules to participate, they just read the first part of the message and rushed to vote. We asked them to remove the vote, but they are unable to do that, too. So... our bad, sorry. :( We weren't trying to cheat the voting or anything.

To make up for this, the best I can do is offer any of you participating here in the thread a promocode to try out Tiny Empire, in case you are interested! Just send me a message and I'll be happy to share a key with you.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    TINY EMPiRE voted

8. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #28 The Son of Anarchy, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Miss Lara Croft made it a super easy vote for me this week. It's good to see her still around after all these years, especially in a quality title like this. Some of those later levels are quite devious. I love the way the game presents you with a new puzzle, then let's you experiment for a while until you get that 'eureka' moment and everything falls into place, it's pretty satisfying. Not a huge fan of the hidden object part of the game but only because some of them were hidden TOO well, and I couldn't stop till I found all the damn things... good way to add a bit of length I guess.

All in all it was fun and fresh, didn't overstay its welcome and left me looking forward to new chapters. I think SQEENIX Montreal are onto something cool with the two GO games and I can't wait to see what joins the franchise next.

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    A really interesting split in the votes this week.