Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (May 28)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, May 28, 2015.

?

What was your favorite release the week of May 28?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2015.
  1. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

8.3%
  2. Nub's Adventure

16.7%
  3. Desktop Dungeons

13.9%
  4. Lara Croft: Relic Rush

5.6%
  5. Sproggiwood

20.8%
  6. One More Dash

1.4%
  7. Chaos Rings III

13.9%
  8. Zombiebucket

19.4%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I voted for Sproggiwood - it's compulsively addictive with a nagging difficulty and clever enemy design focused on a lot of mine traps; I haven't been able to put it down.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    wow.. I'm the only one who nominated 8-Bit Waterslide. So I can't vote for it.. now my vote goes to Relic Run, also a great game.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#23 Anotherkellydown, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    I agree about Relic Run. I've put many hours into it this week. There was no doubt in my mind this would be my GotW. Until I put it down and played more Nubs' Adventure. Nubs' is so amazing in all aspects: graphics, music, story, controls... It's so original and lovingly crafted, I had to pick it. The developer wrote this "post-mortem" article about the game. Found it to be a really interesting read.

I'll still love Relic Run and plan on playing for a long time.

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Geometry Wars I'll go back to when (and if) it gets Game Center. Nubs' Adventure doesn't need it.

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sproggiwood all the way for me.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It really has to be Chaos Rings 3.

Seriously, no joke. An RPG like that for iOS comes along once a decade. And with freemium being all the rage, it could even be longer.

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    My vote this week goes to Zombiebucket. I spent most of the time with this game since last week. It's a strong week anyway. I'm playing Lara Croft since its first day of soft-launch, it deserves a vote as well. I'm enjoying Geometry Wars 3 a lot, but still prefer Zombiebucket when there's a time. I'm also dowloading Nub's Adventure right now, I missed it somehow. I put Sproggiwood on my wishlist because I'm simply over my budget this week. And on ROGER-NL's suggestion, I'm still playing and enjoying One More Dash as well. So it's really difficult to choose. But as I wrote, I spent most time lately with Zombiebucket and with dev's promise to bring infinite lives IAP and content update within next two weeks, it's my GOTW.

8. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Captain @ Submachine Factory
    Warsaw, Poland
    Guys, I voted for our own game (Zombiebucket), and it was my hand being much faster than my brain, so please remove the vote, cheers. ;)

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Very close race here, I hope some due diligence will be done with respect to zero post and very new account voters.

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Seemingly there are only three nill post votes for Zomiebucket so otherwise a photo finish.

11. unormal

unormal Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Whoever wins the poll, it's been an awesome week for mobile gaming!

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm waiting to the last moment to vote in hopes that I might decide the winner.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I didn't want to point any fingers :)

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I'm really having a hard time deciding between Desktop Dungeons and Sproggiwood, regardless of who gets my vote in the end, these are two great games that I will be enjoying for a long long time. Definitely one of the most satisfying weeks on the AppStore.

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Voted Sproggiwood for the win!

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Boooo!! Haha JK

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Seriously, a very strong batch of games.

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I was a few days away and now i'm interested in the "official" final results.

It's fun to see the (mostly fair?) race between some games and how my vote is affecting the result (if at all), but in the end i definitely want to see a clear first three places...after the unpleasent extra time to sort out the very obvious shenanigans.

Thanks for your work undeadcow & co.

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The "official" results don't do much to set a "clear first three places" but here they are:
    First Place: Sproggiwood [15 votes]
    Second Place: Nub's Adventure [12 votes]
    Third Place [3x tie]: Chaos Rings III, Desktop Dungeons, Zombiebucket [10 votes]

Deleting any votes with 0 posts resulting in 4 votes for Zombiebucket being disqualified. No other changes seemed necessary (but please let me know if anyone notices otherwise). I can't think of any other fair way to gauge outside interference if any occurred [suggestions?].

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    That's what i meant with "official".
    Looking only at the poll was misleading me who got 2nd and 3rd. I also have no better suggestions, besides how to handle the very obvious brand new shilly members.

Thanks for your precious time, undeadcow!