iPad Touch KO (now v1.1!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by STP_Tim, Jul 25, 2009.

1. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Q: Does the game feature online / WiFi multiplayer, Online leaderboard?

A: We'd love to do multiplayer as a future free update — especially after iPhone OS 3.0 is released and we can use the announced multiplayer over Bluetooth capability. For now, though, we're focusing on the single-player game. We have a full-on career mode where you're rising through the ranks earning fame and cash, and a quickplay mode for folks that just want a quick bout while they wait for the bus. We will launch the game with online leaderboards, which we'll rank by your career's all-time record, as well as achievement tracking (similar to blurst.com).

http://toucharcade.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-interview-with-touch-ko-developer-adam-mechtley/

2. FearlessFreep

FearlessFreep Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I like the ability to create your own playlist for the game from your iTunes library - that's great.

So far initial impressions are very positive. I TKO'd two stiffs in Quick Play. Framerate is extremely smooth. Easy to pick up gameplay. The ragdoll physics on knockdowns is somewhat comical, but doesn't detract from the game.

3. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    This looks solid like a solid boxing game. The texture detail is fantastic!

Why can't I seem to find any videos for the game in this thread?

4. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    Problem Solved

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I asked this earlier but is anyone seeing the difficulty ratchet up? I've won 12 straight matches via tko in the first round and the amateur title. The professional matches which I've gone through are no more difficult. I'm trying to gauge the difficulty.

6. FearlessFreep

May 12, 2009
    Not yet . . . hopefully so. Only on my second career fight but the quick plays were silly easy.

7. donner

donner Well-Known Member

this is my same issue - all of my fights have ended in first round TKO's even in professional... If you tap left, right, jab quickly - then block when youre apponent punches - youre assured a victory.

Unfortunately this is the easiest boxing game ive played... Graphics are really nice and smooth, but im really shocked in the lack of AI and gameplay so far... I'll keep playing, maybe that will change....................................

8. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    This is what I'm concerned about. The game mechanics and graphics are really good, but the difficulty is well almost non-existent at this point. I make a few random combos and the guy is down. I haven't come close to having a fight even go to the second round. We'll have to see if it gets any more difficult.

9. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    I really really hope it gets harder. I had really high hopes and I want a challenge.

10. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Well, I'm through 20 fights and it plays exactly the same as if I'm in match 1. My matches are barely lasting a minute and half which is why I was wondering if this gets more difficult. Right now, I'm doubting that it does because it shouldn't take more than even 5 matches for this to get challenging. I could be wrong.

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I am amateur champ. Woo!! Go me!! Anyway the championship fight was tough enough. The guy took a lot of my energy down. Loving the game.

12. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    wow that sucks. We need to contact the dev!

13. FearlessFreep

May 12, 2009
    Well ,I've encountered a major bug in the game that makes it unplayable. Every time I get knocked down, the screen just sits there on black with the heartbeat sound. Nothing else ever happens. I've tried rebooting but it's happened four times in a row.

$3 wasted.

BTW, you can select your opponent prior to the fight. There will be easy, mediocre and so on difficulties. Not that it matters though.

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i havent had that issue yet. And i hope it doenst happen to me lol.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

No issues here either.

16. FearlessFreep

May 12, 2009
    Have you been knocked down?

17. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Are you serious? I haven't been knocked down yet so I can't confirm but that's a problem.

I've picked the hardest opponents in hopes of being pummeled and it hasn't changed anything. :(

18. donner

donner Well-Known Member

oh man..... what a letdown! everybodys waiting and anticipation, then.... HERE IT IS! then 7pages of posts worshiping this games graphics and mechanics come rolling in (all withing an hour or so) ..... WTF! Theres no challenge and gameplay to speak of! NO freakin way!

Man, I really hope this is not what it seems to be - because this app will quickly be a flash in the pan if its really taking this kind of an unexpected nose dive...

>Ugh<

19. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    That is simulating a knock out. :p