iPad Touch Soccer 3D Update + Lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Dec 10, 2009.

1. untraceable

untraceable Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    I saw ^^

After few hours, i dont share your enthusiasm for this game, the gameplay is too confusing and too fast, the AI is weak " especially the goalkeeper " sure the game is innovating but is ruin by a crappy gameplay.

1/5 stars

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If the game is too confusing and too fast, how can you tell that the AI is weak?

3. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    maybe switch from amateur to hard??
    or pick a weaker team?
    nearly everyone can win a team with brazil on amateur
    but on pro with wales ...

4. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Not every game is for everyone. That’s part of the game.

For me the only thing I miss is statistics. Other than that this game is awesome.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, I think he means the AI of his own goalkeeper -- that's the only way that you can reconcile the game being "too confusing and too fast" with "AI being weak."

6. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    the goal keeper is like the difficulty

7. untraceable

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    #67 untraceable, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    I never told " that game is bad " the game is fun but confused, the potential of this game is incredible, and needs a development more ambitious. ^^

miss replay mode too and stat from each team ^^

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Contradicting yourself? You gave it 1/5, thats calling it bad.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Apple, again, is really pissing me off!

I've submitted my review to the AppStore five times now and still, when I check back it's vanished.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Good catch. Also on "needs to be more ambitious," keep in mind that this is the work of a solo developer, sells at .99, and includes single and local multiplayer modes, world cup and league play, many teams to choose from, an original (and, IMO, well implemented) touch interface, etc. Sounds plenty ambitious to me.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #71 squarezero, Dec 16, 2009
    There's something going on with App Store. I've tried to download the Rogue Planet and C&C: RF updates several times already and have failed every time.

Gotta love people who equate "I'm not good at this yet" with "It's unplayable."

12. untraceable

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    maybe 2/5 ^^ however, the game should be more ambitious.;)

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    On the matter of "ambition":

First, I'm not affiliated with the developer, Sauce Digital(Morgan), in any form. That said, how could anyone accuse this game of not being ambitious enough? I think that ambition and strong belief in putting out a unique, compelling control interface was very much "thinking outside the box" on Morgan's part. At the risk of having the general, d-pad crowd, not like the game; Sauce Digital decided not to compromise the vision and integrity of an original and out of the ordinary game and released it as they envisioned being played. I find the result fantastic, and dare I say: cutting edge.

As carlos-sz intonated, not every game is gonna fit every player. I think this game will fit a vast majority of the iDevice gaming community.

14. untraceable

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    #74 untraceable, Dec 16, 2009
    Your not objectif, the gameplay is bad, ruined by foulish penalty.., stupid auto goalkeeper...1/5 is enough, sorry but this game will be forgetten fast... what a pity !

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #75 Gabrien, Dec 16, 2009
    Been about a week since I downloaded this game, and it keeps drawing me back each day. Not because of unlocks. Or level progression. Or new maps skills or abilities. It's drawing me back to do the same thing, over and over again: kick a football around a field. For no other reason than doing just that, in this game, is one of the most engrossing gaming experiences I've had.

The controls have become second nature. I no longer think in terms of game mechanics - I'm actually thinking in terms of playing a game if soccer/football in real life. Do I want to knock the ball through and follow in for a close range shot or attempt a long bender from the centre? Should I clear the ball with one of my defenders or be cocky and run it upfield? Should I run around the loose ball to face the goal or attempt a blind shot over the shoulder?

Honestly, I cannot think of any other game that for me, has ever been able to break out of the "gameplay mentality" and cross over into something like what I've described above.

Sure, the game isn't perfect. It could use more of this and that, things which have been mentioned previously. Most of all I wish it had online multiplayer. But, just the core game, what's there, the experience even as bare-boned as it is, is just...dazzling.

16. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    just won world cup with japan!
    Tough knock out rounds: france, italy, netherlands and argentina...
    maybe it's time to switch from amateur to next level :)

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Ok..so you're calling it bad. Do you not get what I'm saying? You keep contradicting yourself. In 1 post you give it 1/5, in another you say you never said it was bad, and in this one once again you say its bad. Make up your mind :rolleyes:

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Funny thing is, the whole thing would be cleared up if just used the phrase "I don't like it" instead of "It's bad."

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Exactly but, you see, that would make far too much sense ;)

20. untraceable

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    Damn, I say " the game is fun, but is too confusing " " great potential but crappy gameplay " ^^