TouchArcade's Street Fighter 4 Volt: Battle Royal Tournament!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by D4Gamers, Mar 26, 2012.

1. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Apprunner/D4Gamerz
    Can you take me off of the tourney list? Decided not to participate

2. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    You can replace Epikninja with MrRockdi, he want in on this tourney.

3. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Typical Layla...being a little shit as ever!!

4. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Sorry to hear that, i will take you off the list.

5. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    Did he come here and Sign up? I really cannot allow anyone to join unless I can confirm they have a TA account. I'd love for him to join though.

6. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    Lol thats funny, no it was just a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

7. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Thank god. Ken Ken is a Volt legend. :D

8. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    If we get 24 more players today we might get a full 64 bracket

Hahaha im just kidding i cant imagine D4 remaking it
    Would be fun tough lol

9. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    I hear we are gonna be paired for the first round!!! :eek: Get ready Captn! My Cammy is coming for you :mad:

kidding....i don't know anything about the bracket :D

10. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Haha either way later tonight im up for some friedlies, youd be suprised how i can handle cammy matchups ^.-

11. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm sure you will do great. I'm not so good at the Viper matchups. What time are you free (please indicate timezone :))

12. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    so, before this entire thing starts, are we going to get an official statement on how the brackets were created?

Either way it is not a huge deal because everyone is going to participate, clarification would be nice, though.

13. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    Maybe, I don't see why it matters though. I really dont feel like making a detailed post about how I did it. I might change my mind though.

Also Brackets will be posted sometime today hopefully in the next couple of hours.

Signups also end today at 12am

14. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Probably 7-8pm -4 gmt

15. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    well this is why I kind of have an issue, why should it take such time consuming detail to explain how you decided the match ups.

Random beackets would take 15 minutes to create. I also highly doubt you were able to create some algorithim that would ensure the picks were non biased and fixed.

I mean, even if you just flat out picked who played who, that would be acceptable, but you are yet to even confirm that is the case..

16. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    #156 mooken, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    i think the participants of the tournament just want to know that they were all given a fair shake.

if the tourney is seeded, fine, but be transparent about it. the NCAA selection sunday committee that ranks and seeds all the teams for March Madness are under scrutiny every year, but at least people know "ok, they were picked and organized in this way".

if it's random, then nobody can complain about the draws either --, some ppl will have seemingly easier roads to the finals than others. at least we know to blame the Random Number Generator.

what we would hate to have happen, is that one group (say Denjin Dojo players) to have particularly lopsided draws/paths, or to have specific players seem like they have easier paths, with the method being "mysterious". nobody likes having that conspiracy theory looming over a tourney.

i'm not trying to pre-cast blame or set a negative tone -- I just want to make sure this tournament isn't being organized by Rugal Bernstein or M.Bison with the plan to absorb every's special powers .. :D

edit: it could be something as simple as "i took the forum's initial S-tier list, randomized them, and put them in the top of the seeds. took the remaining players, randomized them, filled out the rest of the bracket."

17. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    Basically I organized it so that I have a clear an easy route to grandfinals.

18. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Works for me! Thanks!

19. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    lol D4Gamers, I hope you don't think, the issue at hand is whether or not you will have easy matches.

As mooken very elequantly posted, actually just go read his. He said it right.

lol @ RNG

20. D4Gamers

Feb 2, 2012
    #160 D4Gamers, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    I collect Caps Baseball Caps, Flat tongues only.

I took 3 of my prized Caps and flipped them upside down.

I labeled the Caps in order of A, B, C, consider these letters as Tiers. With A of course being the highest.

I proceeded to write all of the entress on small seperate sheets of paper.

Based on both me and Apprunner's match experience as well as general consesus of the community I then dumped all of your names accordingly into each Cap provided your skill level.

I then used a random generator to determine out which Caps I'd be picking out of. The generator would give me different results such as "AB", "AA", "CB" etc. etc.

If a Cap ran out of names I would clear it's letter from the generator.

If they're was 1 cap left, I would randomly draw by hand the matchups.

Second round picks were done the same way, except the would go down in a linear order to face the winners of the first round.

That is how I came up with the brackets.

Non Biased, Non fixed Algorythm as well as a Long and detailed post, no? Heif?