TouchSports Batting 1000™ - Official Product / Developer thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HandheldGames, Apr 2, 2009.

1. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Show me the money! Uh well, show me the videos and we'll show you the money.;)

2. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I always thought BS superstars was ok, but not really a baseball game. It just seems like a game with a baseball theme. I think touchsports baseball will be the realistic baseball, while flick baseball, will be the cartoon baseball, both of which i plan on getting. I am really looking forward to some footage of your upcoming game, and any other games you are working on.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any video?

4. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Hey Everyone!

Just want to clarify for our fan base out there:

TouchSports™ Batting 1000 is an arcade style game focused on a real fun batting mechanic.

TouchSports™ Baseball '09 is the full game of baseball with batting, Pitching & Fielding in a Single Game, World Series, and Playoffs and will be released after Batting 1000.

Expect a series of videos to be released in the coming weeks to showcase the game.

Thx!
    HHG

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I WANT THIS GAME. Graphics look absolutely gorgeous and all of the above. This game looks like a must have for me because I just absolutely love sports games. Any news on the release date and whatnot?

6. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Ah thanks for clearing that up reading this thread I was kinda like um ok isnt this just another HR Derby BB game? It does look nice but unless its on the cheap side I wont pick it up for a HR Derby game. The full Baseball game sounds interesting though.

Still think alot of ppl thought Batting 1000 was a full fledge baseball game judging by their comments, but I clearly could tell judging by the first pic its not.

7. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    If Batting 1000 is truly as sleek as advertised, HHG would do well from a marketing standpoint to release it for $0.99-$1.99 to spread the buzz as widely as possible in anticipation of the full TS Baseball '09.

8. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Interesting, it would kinda be like a lite version for Baseball '09, but you actually get an income from a demo! I like the idea, just don't make Baseball '09 0.99-1.99, that would be a dumb move. Oh and another side note, don't do sales too often!

9. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    With the iPhone 3.0 SDK and all the goodies contained within, we're looking at providing the ability to purchase a discounted Baseball '09 as an add on to the TouchSports™ Batting 1000.

Thx!
    HHG

10. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    +++1

11. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    That's the first time I hear a dev making good use of 3.0! Sign me up for both!;)

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    On the flip side, this implies that TS Baseball '09 will not be out until after June ...:(

13. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Thanks... We've been looking for ways to push the envelope for content delivery to our users, and Apple made it easy for us with 3.0! Great to hear you like our approach.

Thanks!
    HHG

14. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Wow this looks nice. Cant wait to see more

15. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Skyworks' Homerun Derby for comparison

[​IMG][App Store Link, $1.99]

[​IMG]

[hqyoutube]aAVRHcfm7Is[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG]

16. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Yeahh,, I really really like that idea. Probably one of the most creative things I've ever heard in the App Store so far. Keep em coming, your ideas is what will probably shape the App Store :)

17. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I would love to see a "touchsports game pack"
    it is $0.99 and in it, you can download any touchsports game for 99 cents less immediately (or maybe before) it comes out. This would encourage purchasers to get ALL of your games, and save space out of out 148 (or so I hear, 180, with the 3.0 update)

18. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Thanks for the great feedback folks. 3.0 opens many opportunities for publishers on the platform and trust me, we are looking at all of them across all our titles.

Thx!
    HHG

19. HandheldGames

Nov 15, 2008
    Lynnwood, Washington
    RE: Skyworks HomeRun Derby for comparison.

Hey Salsa.. Since you brought it up...

It's an interesting game. I Paid $1,99 for it. It's not in my top 180. Tried to figure out the controls and game play - I couln't get it. Read the instructions. Tried to figure out the game play again. Read some more still didn't get it. Passed it around to some co-workers. They didn't get it. Haven't played it since. In my opinion, it ranks a little more than LKA Basketball and is no where near the quality of their 2d based games. This game should never have been released in its current form. It's quality is damaging to the Skyworks brand.

20. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #40 salsamd, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009