Universal Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny (by Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    The regular price bounces back on the first, to 2.99. It is definitely worth a tiny amount of currency, if not a huge amount of currency.

I am not from Scotland. We hail from...IOWA. Super exotic, yes. Keep the women away or you'll find yourself mateless. We're currently in St. Louis, working out of our various homes. I have a 4'x6' whiteboard (which you can see in that picture) that is the second love of my life.

2. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    Great job on the game guys. Insta-bought and not regretting it. I'll be hammering this between Cavern beta sessions. :)

Proceduarally generated games are the FUTURE I tells ya! :D

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just stumbling through and found this, sounds awesome so bought and downloading now. :D

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    This game is awesome. Needs to have joysticks that follow your fingers, mine kept slipping off on iPad. Other than that, everything awesome.
    Tons of bullets, with upgrades too.

I was in the shop for fifteen minutes just reading all the item descriptions. Great job here. I look forward to seeing what other games you guys put out in the future.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Use the following tag, remove the periods [youtube.]youtubeIDonly[/youtube.]

If you click "Quote" on a post then it will show you their code/tags also so if you see a nicely designed post then quoting it will reveal the secrets.

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The banter in this thread is making me get this game alone. I can wait for the fix and maybe check it out on the iPad mini meanwhile (though I can't generally control dual sticks on an iPad I want to play the game nonetheless!)

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Oh hey, you can play the game in either orientation! (though its a little skinny I can still play!)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ever since one of my British homeroom teachers in elementary just couldn't grasp how to pronounce my name properly and said "Can I call you Sam?" :p

Christ, this is why I love TouchArcade! How awesome are you? Seriously! This is how you make fans, folks. I've sent that dollar your way. Please let me know if the Hummus is still edible upon arrival. If there's any brown crust...ermmm...just scrape it off and keep the dollar. >_> If it's still edible however, may the gods of metal protect you from the gods of flatulation. :p

Alright, no more derailing this thread. :p

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Somebody should go "HELL YEAH" now.

Really cool story, and if you keep up the good work, you'll be rich and famous in no time, Sam.
    I was just asking if you were from Scotland because that right guy on the pic looks like a scot, somehow.

I'm waiting for the update now. Apple should hurry up,
    I am breaking my fingers playing in portrait.

10. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks! The next patch has some modified movement in it, but the game does actually track your finger and move the dpad along with it, just not visually (as having that 150px wide dpad all up in your grill would be cause for forehead bursting vein poppage). The best way to play is to keep your finger on the screen once you touch, as it reorients itself based on your direction.

There's 10 weapons and 20 augments you can only get in those dungeons you see around the map. They act like mini-hardcore zones and have super sweet guns, like zombies, unicorns, and chainsaws.

Because.

11. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    YEUSSSS thanks my bovine zomboid friend.

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok bought it :)

13. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Ha! I am the guy on the right. That was submission day so my hair is blown out and I for some reason shaved my beard into an Abe Lincoln style masterpiece.

My best bud calls me the red-headed step child of Abraham Lincoln. Though only my beard has some red tinge to it.

Thanks for the supportive words. I'm just crossing my fingers that we bring in enough to keep doing what we're doing. Crafting experiences for people is a great job.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Needs a movable pad then just a d pad. Overall pretty fun game :)

15. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I always thought Iowa was the land of mullets. Since Cheech & Chong (for wich i already had tickets) cancelled their Light up Europe tour i bought this game instead. Thanks for lighting up my day guys!

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #36 bigrand1, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    This is interesting, I really like the humor there! But the title got me thinking there should be a game where you snap a towel (like in a locker room) as a play mechanic/weapon against other people in some kind of way! Could be something there...... :D. To the devs: I'm seeing lots of money in your future!! This looks like a winner!! Don't tell anyone I said that!

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #37 Vovin, Feb 26, 2013
    And when you make it
    , you have the big version!

Scratch that and look below. The scripting hijacked me.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Got to Gabrien's impressions and immediately hit buy. Can't wait to get into this one. =oD

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #39 Vovin, Feb 26, 2013
    And when you make it: hdyoutube and /hdyoutube, you get the big version! :)

Ah, you're the right guy. Well, with that beard, "Sam" fits very well. Let's add a tophat and an Uncle in front of you and you'll be Iowa's pride.

Ok, I'll repeat, bring that update through and I'll send you a barrel of GERMAN home-brewn beer! Has as much alcohol as wine, btw.
    Drink ice-cold, then refuse to go anywhere.

@bigrand1: Uhm, that was what the 3 girls were doing in that towel fight video.
    The slapping sounds tickled my Hypothalamus somehow.
    And I really wonder how much of you perverts googled towel fight already. :D

20. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    If I weren't busy mixing spices at my desk for Launchili (that's launch chili) I WOULD BACKSASS YOU INTO THE STONEAGE.

I have a bottle of pink champagne for later tonight.

You send us a box of home-brewn beer and we'll send you a print of this with our autographs.

BALL'S IN YOUR COURT, V-WORD.