iPad Tower Dwellers - [Unit Crafting - Micromanaging - Tower Defence]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hube_eccgames, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Right now, the only thing holding me back is space! I really need to stop hoarding and make space to buy and play this game! I can't possibly overlook it with all of the positive feedback it is getting here!

2. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    #122 loox, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    I too think of all the games I've played on my ipad since April 2010 this is the one with both

The most polish and most fun
    AND
    Least traction

I think the price point is awesome. No IAP I Bought it for that reason. I too saw it on TouchArcade, but through the home page on the app, under Hot New Games. And it's still on that list. So something is trending it.

Edit: you might want to get a promo code to Eli Hodapp, Eric Ford, and Brad Nicholson on TouchArcade. They like TD games

3. hube_eccgames

hube_eccgames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2013
    They all request that review requests be forwarded to tips@toucharcade with which we comply.

Thank you for the kind words - Seeing Tower Dwellers up on the top apps has really raised some spirits :)

Here is an epicly awesome lets play done by @JoeHills that came out today!

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    4 star review!

5. DevM

DevM New Member

Nov 20, 2013
    hube_eccgames, thought about price... it's a bit high for new app. KR HD costs $2.99, but it is the hit in tower defence category.

No doubt, game is worth it, but that's I know bcoz I've played them. Maybe a lot of people in doubt whether or not to buy.

No IAP isn't the reason. I completed KR w/o any IAP.

6. London-SV

London-SV Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Archers are always the ones to mess things up for me

7. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. We will take it all back to the drawing board.

We just got a review on Touch Arcade! That is great news! Thank you admins if you see this!

8. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Pinch to zoom, and target them. Get your soldiers on them, the blacksmith provided armor gives them good protection against arrows.

Also
    if you have cleared the gold mine and unlocked the upgrade that lets you sell towers at purchase cost you can always sell and re-build your tower to get your soldier dude back instantly!!

9. London-SV

Jun 24, 2013
    I've tried a few times but can't for the life of me stop any sneaking past, I'm the type to quit when I see one get past and retry lol, it's funny because I completed Kingdom Rush and Pirates on the hardest difficulties but can't pass this on easy, lol.

I'm gonna keep trying, is it best to have pure blacksmith defense or is it best to mix?

If any devs read this maybe a stat page detailing gains from each upgrade path would be a nice bit more detail to add, and to also help noobs like me decide which one would be the best to take lol.

10. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Hey London-SV,

What level are you stuck on? Did you see the mini tutorial All Beard did for Level 2? Maybe this will help. If you need help with a specific level let me know - I'll give you some pointers!

[​IMG]

11. London-SV

Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't see it but I'll check it out shortly.

The invisible plains, it's one of the first, maybe I just didn't pick the right upgrades but I seem to always get overrun, I did the other 2 on hard but this one is proving more tricky,
    I tend to build all my defenses in choke points and bunching them all up which may be why I'm not doing so good in this one.

12. London-SV

Jun 24, 2013
    The archers are so weak compared to the alchemists, I switched all my archers for them and won with no trouble at all, first 3 levels done on hard for some extra upgrade points.

13. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    We will look into the balancing. You are not the first to report that Bowmen are a little weak. Thanks!

14. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just bought this. Looking forward to some TD action this weekend.

15. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Awesome!!

We prepped a little gift for you guys! The Tower Dwellers OST in its entirety for you to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOrYyUG6QfA

16. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I love this game, the combinations of support buildings and the variety of units makes for some great strategy. Plus it's not a cakewalk, good job developer.

17. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Totally agree with that list this is a great game and definitely belongs among them (Pirate Legends is my personal favorite - there's a guy that calls a Shark with ham!). The sad thing is I'm sure that this game will struggle to make costs back, even though it is excellent.

1. It's paid and unfortunately at a slightly too high price point ($4) at launch. There's just not enough people downloading paid games, if that title is not a known IP. $1-$2 is the max a paid app can charge at launch to avoid being ignored. It's too late now to price down and make a meaningful difference.

2. Its a TD! That genre is pretty popular in places like TA but in the wider mobile world the genre is a tiny fraction compared to runners, slots, match3, farming...etc. It's difficult to make serious numbers unless you have the cross-platform fans like KR or FR.

Imho the developer will need to be very generous if we are to see new levels... that's the sad truth of the appstore. Without IAP this game may do around 8-20k paid downloads over 6 months. Which will not be enough to justify investing in serious expansions. That sucks as the devs are clearly talented and innovating in some nice areas.

All the guys saying yeah no IAP are basically shooting the dev in the foot. You're the vocal minority on a super casual platform that mostly tolerates fair IAP implementation.

18. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Love the game, if there is to be any IAP (which I would support purely in the interest of seeing the game expanded) I would suggest a Kingdom Rush-type IAP model. Hopefully this game does well enough without it, but we all know how the App Store works.

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    This game has a lot of potential. Imagine adding a new house (sword, archer, mage, how about spear/lance?), think of all the new characters it can add to the game. Not to mention, it is a fun game. I instantly bought the game to support the Dev. I also agree the price is high, probably 1.99 is the best price for people to not ignore it.

In anyway, I did my part to support the Dev. If they can continue to support the game then great. If not, the enjoyment I had playing the game is well worth, and probably more, than my 4 bucks.

20. hube_eccgames

Jul 9, 2013
    Hey Gents - Thank you for the kind words and feedback. It is all taken into consideration.

Rest assured we are not giving up on this product. An update is coming that will include challenges for each level. Think of them as achievements.

This will be followed up by another update that will include the Endless Modes you've been suggesting with a small surprised that we've planned out over the last couple days. Also around that time the Android version should be released.

Don't forget we've also got a Windows Phone build in the works and we are sizing up the MAC/PC market for a potential release.

Yes, not being featured was tough, BUT we have had an amazing response to this game from the players as well as the reviewers. Everyone that likes TD's and plays it enjoys it, finds it challenging and wants more. That is keeping us going.

We have proven the product is good, we are working to make it even better.

Don't write us off just yet ;)