Trainyard: A Puzzle Solving Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ElectricGrandpa, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I will be away for the weekend.. are there any plans for an opening weekend sale or anything of that nature? And what is the price point of this title anyways?

2. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Price point is a fixed $1.99.

Not going on sale for a very long time(probably never). A lot of people(beta testers, friends, etc) have said they think it's a $2.99 or $4.99 game, but I definitely just wanna get it out there and get lots of people playing it!

FYI I'm also never going to raise the price.

3. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    O ok, I just saw this price on the front page. sorry about that. But I just learned of this game and looks really great. Will definitely be picking it up after the weekend, and telling all my family and friends. Good luck!

4. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Glad to hear that you like the look of it! Telling your friends and family is great, I'm really relying on word-of-mouth advertising for this, because I can't afford to pay for ads or anything like that.

5. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    Well I can tell you that if you are active on the thread when this comes out and you answer people's questions and take feedback for quick/prevalent updates, then word will spread like wild fire.

Check the Superblox thread as an example. Being known around the TouchArcade circles can go a long way to 5 star reviews in the App Store. And of course promo codes don't hurt.

6. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    time to tweet away :D

never did finish the beta, your puzzles beat me :rolleyes:

7. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Well you'll be pleased to know that I've cropped back the number of puzzles a tiny bit for the release. Instead, the main game consists of exactly 100 puzzles, with the rest of the REALLY hard puzzles being added as "bonus" puzzles(right now there are around 15). I'll be adding more in updates pretty soon. Hopefully that'll help you beat it! There are a couple new puzzles too that weren't in the beta(although the vast majority are from the beta).

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @Electric Grandpa - I am late to seeing this thread, and just looking at the video - Looks like a very clever puzzler combining color combinations, as well as mapping. I'll be watching for it.

9. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    Can't wait for release on the tenth
    started the beta again, so fun now only if I could get it to stop saying trainyard user 6 on the solutions

10. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yeah the final version has a thing where you can change your display name, but in the meantime, I've changed your "Trainyard user 6" name to "Aznriceboi13". :)

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG