Universal Treasure Buster (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... This game. Pixellicker does it again. GotY contender. This all seems familiar (Slayin anyone?)

I didnt realize how addicting this arcade gameplay would be, but only got into it now because this one is premium, and i love it.

2. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Sadly this is a limitation of the engine. It also happens in slayin but is not that visible because the art is of smaller size there. It only happens on 5s/SE. The MMF developers are aware and we hope for an update in the future. But the game is still 100% playable so i hope it does not stop the fun for you.

3. mobichan

mobichan Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Game Developer
    Vacaville, CA
    Glad to see everyone is enjoying the game. It may get a lot of comparisons to Monster Strike, but I assure you the basic shooting mechanic is where the similarities end. I love making arcade style games, even if they are a bit out of vogue. So this is my attempt at making something you might see in a 90's arcade. There are a few techniques to master in order to score well. I hope you have fun finding and mastering them. :)

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Started a game at work, was sad there was no way to save after the second dungeon =(

But man what a game! An absolute steal! Also learned how to parry projectiles after I quit, in one of the hint/loading screens. Looking forward to hearing the sounds when I get home later. Seems pretty music oriented.

Awesome job, FDG! :)

5. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Yah that needs to be fixed asap

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait... We can parry projectiles? o_O

7. Anotherkellydown

#27 Anotherkellydown, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Haha! Exactly what I thought after reading that tip screen :D

Hint:
    think Paper Mario

8. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yassssss! Just bought, can't wait to dig in!

9. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing. What a great week! Damn!

10. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Where's the progression? I increase my stats but they got back after I lose?

11. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #31 yankeeblue000, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    So many great games have come out the last couple of weeks This week alone you have bigger premium titles like Smashing the Battle, Jade Empire, Invisible Inc, and you have smaller premium arcade games like this that are a great addition to add to the collection It's so cool My Ipad is running out of storage Great game The music and asthetics of this game bring back childhood memories of me playing on my Genesis or my Nes This is a unique retro arcade experience I love it Nostalgia runs high with this one

12. Anotherkellydown

AFAIK, this is a rogue-lite. I haven't played enough to see if there are any permanent stat boosts though. It's still really fun to see how far you can make it, though I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

13. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    I made it to the 3rd boss and I don't feel there is any permanent stat boosts. Some rogue lites have those such as crypt and others.

14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm so happy you don't keep your stats, hate games like that... It's like of course your going to eventually unlock everything in that case and then what ?? I understand everyone doesn't like really difficult games like myself =p

15. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Was watching a video and couldn't tell if you receive the loot on the ground that you've exposed but haven't "run" over it to collect. Can anyone clear this up for me? Looks fun and I'll be picking it up for sure.

16. Anotherkellydown

You have to run over it to pick it up. You get a "Perfect Clear" for getting everything in a room.

17. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I have a question I learned how to Perry no problem however with my first run I discovered that sometimes a golden skull and cross bones would appear inside the enemy and I think it would do extra damage.what's with that?

18. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    In arcade mode there is a way to save progress?

19. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Thanks! Enjoying this one so far. I was a huge fan of slayin

20. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Klei's Invisible Inc? On iOS? Seriously? Why can't I see this?!?