Universal Treasure Buster (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 6, 2016.

1. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm still stuck on stupid. How do u Perry?

2. mobichan

mobichan Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Game Developer
    Vacaville, CA
    Hitting enemies raises the Aura bar. Each time you fill it, it goes up a level. Higher levels mean better treasure spawns from enemies. Getting hit reduces the Aura bar. The reaper counts down each turn. When he reaches 0, he will reduce your Aura level by 1 each turn after until you clear the room. He resets each room.

Parrying isn't too hard. Just before or at the exact moment you are going to take a hit from a projectile, tap anywhere on the screen. It will destroy the projectile and gain some aura bar as well. Parrying also increases a treasure multiplier for the next turn. ;) It is the best way to get big treasure gains per room.

3. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Okay, makes total sense, thanks!

Unless I missed something, that's never explained in the game. Discovering things is cool—like what each little helper/avatar thing does—but this seems like a pretty basic mechanic of "how to play." Glad I know it now!

I'll try to add parrying to my style. And the counting-down reaper is to prevent treasure spamming I suppose, which makes sense.

So far I am liking the character with the little potted plant. The speed increase it gives when your Aura is full can be SUPER helpful.

Overall a wonderful mobile game so far. Loving it!

4. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Cheers man, can't believe this critical mechanic and one the game actually says is the key to success, is not explained.

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I just finished my first play through of the game and made it all the way to the end. Finished on the first try. It took 2 days of playing a little here and there but I feel pretty darn good about it. :)

I got a score of 92.5k and not only did my score not get posted on game center but after I closed the app and reopening it my score had been erased from the game. Way, way, way bogus.

6. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Really love the game , all the stuff going on on the screen has a real retro vibe to it. But since some much is going on I hope some of you can give this old man ( 46) some guidance. Maybe it is blatantly obvious but where can I see that I am about to die? I see a lot of gauges and numbers but where is my life gauge ? And I read I can deflect projectiles but how?

7. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    The only thing stopping me from getting this is the ugly app icon! Why can't the icon be the same gorgeous pixel graphics of the game!

8. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks #

9. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Seems like you can't parry all types of projectiles and for the ones you can I'm inconsistent at best. V c

10. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    There are two bars in the bottom;

The red one is your health and the bottom one is for the amount of treasure you get when hitting an enemy. The higher the gauge/level the more treausure.

About deflecting; I read that you have tap the screen right before getting hit

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I love the game a lot, only issue I've noticed is the settings menu. Pressing home shouldn't clear your current game. Pressed that by accident while in a current game because I was fiddling with the sound options and it sucked that everything was reset. I understand I could've just pressed the setting cog in the top right corner but it was my first time in the settings menu and a little annoying.

Other than that awesome time waster

12. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    Enjoying the game very much!!!

Can someone clarify the different Aura abilities of each character?

I know the robot does a straight piercing laser, and the tribal girl boosts your speed. What about the others? It seems like Lone and Gunshow have the same aura ability (please correct me if I'm wrong).

TIA!

13. SkyTigerX

SkyTigerX Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Looks like Lone can deliver critical attacks if he hits a target with a skull over it, when the mace that appears during Aura Max pierce said target.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I, on the other hand, actually really like the icon. :D

15. mobichan

mobichan Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Game Developer
    Vacaville, CA
    Could anyone confused by the save system please do me a favor and explain what confused or mislead them? I would like to improve the app in the next update and try to help future players. My assumption was that if you take a break you would simply minimize the app. No matter what happens when it is minimized, the game will save and restore your current game state so it will be where you left off when you return.

16. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Ah snap... I was about to purchase it and for some reasons my credit card got declined. Can't believe I don't even have a dollar left! Will definitely buy it in a couple of days to support the devs. The game looks so awesome!

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I do not profess to speak for anyone but myself.
    Coming from a pc gaming background I am used to quitting a game via a menu and having the option to save.

While playing your game when you click on the menu options you are presented with only one exiting choice:
    "Quit? You will lose your current progress"

That gives me the impression that turning off my device will not save the game.

It was only through trial and error I found that the game has an automatic saving system and simply exiting the game via the home button or just turning off your device will the game be saved.

If you just add a choice in the options to "Save and exit" that would eliminate any confusion.

Sorry for the long drawn out comment.

18. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    Oh yeah! Just noticed that from my last play! It seems like Lone is marking his targets for a treasure hit.

But what about the old guy and Gunshow? Can't seem to find a difference. For bonny, I think her parrot pierces rather than bumps enemies.

19. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I really liked this game for about 20 minutes. It's a much better version of Monster Strike. But it got really tiresome much faster than expected. Each room takes too long to clear. There's not much variation in strategy. The items you can buy aren't that great, I feel like gold is uninteresting.

Not mad about the 99 cents but the game could do more to maintain interest. I think it would be better if it moved faster. Kill enemies faster, take more damage in return.

20. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #100 chief78, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Wow, I didn't initially jump on this because I didn't think I would like it, but boy was I wrong! Another winner from this dev, and one more reason to keep supporting these guys. Awesome job!!!