Trenches: The Game to End All Games *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThunderGameWorks, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #101 ThunderGameWorks, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    We just released some more of the professional voice acting clips that are an integral part of the game.

Check them out on our blog: http://thundergameworks.com/blog.tgw

Let us know what you think!

2. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

are you planning to release this by christmas?

3. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Looks great, can't wait for this.

4. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Hmmm... Something like the old donkey kong and mario game where you're going from trench to trench dodging stuff, finding weapons to defend yourself with, and trying to reach the main bad guy to beat the crap out of him. :D

5. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yes they are. Read the newspaper on the first post.

6. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    They put an ad on the front page, looks like its getting closer!

7. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    so it's a game about a bunch of guys in a trench...

my guess it's some sort of 'hide the salami' game.... ;)

if ya get what i sayin'

8. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    Sounds awesome cant wait to see the screenshots

9. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Yep, we sure did get an ad out there on the front page. We wouldn't be doing our jobs as Ministers of Propaganda if we didn't, now would we?

10. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    We are not willing to commit to a specific deadline for when the game is released. Far too often this hurts the developer, not helps, since it often is the case that the review process takes FAR too long or that the game is rejected on some tiny unforeseeable problem.

So the best we can say is "around" this Christmas season. :) Hope that helps.

11. Based on the little artwork you've released, it seems you have talented artists. As for the voice acting...well...not so sure about that.

Voice acting is a sore spot for me in most games. I just don't feel much emotion or authenticity behind those voice clips. And the two characters sound exactly the same to me, but with a slightly different accent.

The accents are not very convincing either. Is that supposed to be a German accent? I imagined much gruffer sounding voices for both characters.

If you are going for a funny vibe, then the voices and accents need to be more over the top. If you are going for a more serious vibe, then the voices need to be tougher, gruffer and more manly.

Just my opinion though!

12. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    #112 ThunderGameWorks, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009

Hey, we appreciate the constructive criticism and feedback... I mean, this isn't as helpful as the last guy who said they just sounded like they were gay, but thanks anyways. ;)

Once you see the game and how it plays out, I think we can convince you of the quality. You said if it was funny, we should be more over the top, but if we were serious, then it should be gruffer... but what if the game is equal parts humorous and serious? :rolleyes:

We are well aware that voice acting is very hit or miss in the gaming community. If the voice acting sucks but the game is amazing, people will still focus on the poor voice acting.

EDIT: Those are also voice clips that we are not using for the game since we saved only the best to be in the game.

13. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009

HEY!!!

I only said that the British actor sounds (a little) gay to me...but I think it's because I am not american or british, and the most english I hear is australian and american...

14. Then I would go with the a gruff, over-the-top accent with great cheesy lines thrown in. Hmmm...where have I seen that before?

"I'm the Governator! Ah'll be back! It's naht a toomah!"

15. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    HEY! How did you know that we got Arnold schwar*cough*zeanaegger*cough* to do our voice acting! Way to terminate the nondisclosure like the predator you are as you erase your true lies.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cough into your elbow, Mr., sounds like you might have the HOG FEVER! :eek:

17. mentosdude

mentosdude New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I guess is that it is based on a field with trenches all along it. You select a man on your team and draw a line to either advance or retreat.

18. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    You control your little war men by drawing lines to move them. You have to keep them all under control (RTS) and accomplish something. (Attack other guys?)

19. kramszed

kramszed Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    im guessing its an artillery game like worms, and you draw line where you want them to go, rts because it's not turn based game..?

20. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Err, 33rd Division much?