Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ha ha. They are evil. Plus if you camp in the same spot, they bloody well flank you from the sides and behind. They don't even fire till their on you so you won't see them coming on the radar.

2. DodgeV83

DodgeV83 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I read that online play has 4v4 max, and 4 of the players must be bots. Meaning only 4 human players are allowed max per game. Is this true? If so, why the limitation Lake Effect?

3. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Probably afraid that it would make the game laggy when online.

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I realize that I'm in the minority, but I'm really only interested in campaign modes for shooters. I really don't have the time/interest/patience for most multiplayer shooters...especially when you consider that it will probably be hacked for cheats in a matter of hours. It certainly looks like a fun multiplayer experience, so for fans of those, enjoy. I must disagree however that a campaign mode would "distract".

5. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    We'll be happy to make a campaign for you as soon as we can afford good writers! Does anyone really want another uninspired and boring story? That's as good as no campaign, in my mind at least.

The 4 human player max is limited by Game Center. Everyone should write Apple an email about how Game Center's weaknesses are ruining our lives!

6. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Well if you get it now I'm sure there won't be any hackers for awhile since its new.

7. NZer

NZer Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I.T Tutor
    New Zealand
    Had a great online game during lunch, played via 3g connection which performed surprisingly well. There were a few bots and half real people.

Awesome game

Add me to Game Center if ya want. Username: Des Hoogervorst

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #48 Rip73, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    I like a good ole campaign myself.
    I see no need for it in every game though. Sometimes I just want to crack in and kill a few.
    Other times I want a story based campaign with some characters I can invest in, it'd be better if it had an actual story though. Which is quite rare in ios unfortunately.
    I'm not sure all games are quite as easy to hack as Gamelofts.
    Your point is obviously right but no campaign also means less space taken up. And multiplayer has a lot more replayabilty, or playability I suppose is the proper term. Very few games with campaign that I replay and for the most part they tend to be console rather than iOS. Dead Space is one of the few that excels in campaign and needs no multiplayer. I played through that campaign 4 times already and plan to again.
    Another shooter with no multiplayer but a story and depth would be nice as well at some stage. I'm hoping 2012 Infected Wars will meet that requirement (even though it will have coop, which isn't the same kind of mutiplayer).

9. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    One of the most important reasons I will be instabuying this and have no qualms with the exclusion of a campaign. :D

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    So can someone confirm please whether this has IAP or not? Dev?

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #52 Rip73, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Edit: just saw the develoer post. Weapons unlock as you rank up anyway so you won't have to buy them anyway because you can get them simply by playing. Sorry I never noticed that before.
    I have in app purchases turned off by default so I think that's why I never noticed.

12. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Trigger Fist does have in app purchases! (apparently, we did too good of a job hiding them)

When you're in the equipment menu, the next unlock (class and global) has a box button around it. If you tap the image of your next unlock, the IAP will pop up to confirm.

You can perform the same action in Match Summary. Tap the next unlock at the bottom of the screen and you can buy it. Everything's a dollar.

Now can you guys tell me how we can make this more obvious please?!

13. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Ouch only 4 player online with 4 bots :( other games like modern combat support more than that...

14. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hey lake effect I was wondering if a sprint button would be possible in the game. Just wanna know if it could be an option for later updates or if you have no intention of implementing it. Thanks

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, just checked. If you have in app purchases turned off on your device, the + button over your next unlock doesn't show up so it looks like there's no iap. My mistake, sorry about the confusion there.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Modern Combat works off Gameloft live which is only limited by their own servers.
    This works off Apples Gamecenter which has a limit of 4 online players. Nothing can be done about until Apple changes that policy.

17. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Sprinting has gameplay implications. Play it first and let me know what you think.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks Sanuku for the video as usual.

Just a quick point that the AI doesn't stand around like that in an actual game. Because it's the tutorial, it's for learning controls and shooting. That's why the opposition isn't moving, so you can get some practice shots in.
    In an actual game, you will see very different behaviours out of the enemy.