Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mantisLJD

mantisLJD Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    student, friend, brother, son
    #781 mantisLJD, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Actually there's a sensor at the top right corner that detects enemy fire and the larger the blips the closer the enemy and the blips will turn red if your hit by enemy gunfire :cool:

How would this mode work?

I think we should be able to hold the action button down while moving in the direction of a climbable object and once you make contact with it, automatically climb over it!

2. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Nono, In order for the current method of the game telling you when you're being hit to work, you're eyes have to be glued to the radar. The screen also needs to turn red when you're near death, as of now I can't tell the differance between almost dead and full health.

And for the zombie mode, it would have to be something simple, so I assume something like killing wave after wave of zombies with team mates and so on.

3. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Tbh I really don't think zombies would be a good idea in this game. I'd personally rather have more maps and more guns than a zombie mode. :D

4. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    After playing it a bit more, I've started encountering more problems.

First off, the guns kill way, WAY too fast. With the Y axis removed, aiming is easier than ever and the developer should have made the guns do less damage to make it more balanced.

Secondly, the AI is too good. No, I don't mean its a bad thing that they use tactics, I mean its a bad thing that once they see you, they lock on to your charecter and fire unstoppable seeker missles that kill on impact. Well, maybe thats an exagerration but seriously, they're too accurate. I'm confidant that a marine sniper couldn't shoot with the accuracy that these bots do! It gives them a huge advantage. Even worse, the AI on my team are dumb as rocks! They walk into walls, try to shoot the goat and throw nades at nothing.

Thirdly, this is an online-only game with no online mode. Why is there no multiplayer? I've tried matchmaking, and I get filled up with bots and no players. I know enough people have bought the game for matchmaking to work, so why do I keep getting paired up with robots? Its dang annoying.

Still *somewhat* enjoying it though.

5. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    What's your KD ratio sitting at? If its around 1.5 you should be fine. And most people seem to be getting better and slowly getting towards a 2.0, as I've hit 1.8 now. It's all about practice and using cover to your advantage.

6. SOLIDzizou

SOLIDzizou Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Guadalajara, México.
    i think the only problem here is your skill if you find it that difficult, no offence, everybody here seem to find the bots VERY easy opponents, including myself.

and again, no offence, but, how do you expect to face human opponents that are way tougher than bots if you are struggling with the bots.

my advise is, keep playing, eventually you'll be good enough to get very satisfying matches.

IMHO. the HP you get is the perfect amount, and actually the AI's grenade launcher is only accurate if you stay still, if you move around the grenades won't hit you, same thing when you're the shooter.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It depends on whether it synched with gamecenter.
    If it synched with gamecenter, just reinstall and open the game from the gamecenter app, not from it's own icon. Page 66-70 of this thread has the details to do this part correct. Page 69 probably has best details for your situation.
    If it hasn't synched with gamecenter, you will have lost your progress.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The whole point of removing the y axis is to make the aiming easier.

The low health is also an integral part of the game. It's designed to make it more fast paced. It also means you kill others fast rather than having to empty full clips into characters like some games. Body armour just ain't that good in reality as some games would have you believe. This is a three hit kill with most weapons. The point is to avoid getting hit.

Enough of people may have bought the game for matchmaking to work but that doesn't work if they are not online concurrently. The matchmaking is primarily down to gamecenter and is not necessarily the fault of the game.

Saying the AI is dumb on your own team and extremely accurate when they are your enemy kinda doesn't make sense. The AI is extremely accurate but less so when you weave. They do flank and try to trap you, they do that on both sides. And I've yet to see any AI walk into a wall or throw grenades at nothing or shoot at the goat. What they are actually doing is using suppressing fire to stop an enemy getting near the goat and using grenades as cover. As for walking in to walls, I literally have never seen that even after 30 hours of gameplay. I've seen them walk up to walls, turn around, crouch and basically camp there under cover.

And the game is not online only anyway. There is single player in the match modes. Plus that is why the ai is so good.

Perhaps a lot of people are automatically defaulting to single player rather than selecting the play with friends option. The play with friends option is still the best way to get online matches anyway, matchmaking is a lot slower.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There's a health bar at the bottom middle of the screen.

Anyway, three direct hits and you're dead. Its that simple really. Get in someone's line of sight, you're dead. Adding something like they have in mc3 would be pointless. It's not like that where you can be hit multiple times and survive.

I think one of the great strengths of the game is that if you hit someone in range of your particular weapon, they go down. I got a bit sick and tired of emptying full clips into enemies in games like NOVA 3 and MC3 and thye surviving it.
    Think of it as nearly a one hit kill system. A bit like Counter Strike in the old days. The key is cover and not getting hit in the first place. A bit like real life.

A zombie mode doesn't need to be in every game either. It wouldn't even fit in with the setting and atmosphere. More maps and weapons would be better.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, Gnarly is a tough one.
    Top of the leaderboard as well. Other than the booster of course, but he is the real top of the leaderboard. I'm chasing him down hard but damn his hard to catch up to.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, gamecenter is really searching.
    But the best way to get online games is use the play with friends option.
    Just add any of us that are on here and check out the players on the add me thread and add your own gamecenter id.
    Anybody referencing the game will automatically be accepted on friend request.
    Plus when it can't find friends, gamecenter will look for other players anyway.
    Just selecting matchmaking doesn't work that well but play with friends works nearly every time for me.

12. John_atLakeEffect

Aug 8, 2012
    Owner, C.E.O., Lead Designer at Lake Effect Applic
    Syracuse, NY
    Matchmaking settings

Hey guys,

The inside scoop on Trigger Fist:

The potential corruption of game files during updating is still being looked into by both Apple and Lake Effect. If you have any crash logs, please email them to [email protected].

Now that the leaderboards are fixed, gamecenter profiles will be saved even if you lose your local files due to a reinstall or receive a corrupted update (assuming you say "keep gamecenter" after you delete the app). This also means that playing on multiple devices now syncs properly.

In terms of matchmaking, I am addressing the matchmaking experience right now. It is currently trying to match 4 players. There still doesn't seem to be enough players online frequently enough to match 4 players in a reasonable amount of time. I plan to submit an update to allow the matching of 2-4 players. This way you'll at least be matched with someone. With time, the traffic will increase and rooms will be more likely to fill with 4.

We are currently working on more content for Trigger Fist. I am not ready to formally announce exactly what will be released and when, but I will say that we are doing our best to keep everyone happy.

We appreciate your business,

-John

13. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #793 agentblank, Aug 19, 2012
    I love this game, but I would really like more maps and game modes if they aren't already in the making.
    Edit: wow I am an idiot the post above me sai it all.

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #794 Johnny101, Aug 19, 2012

Thank you John,

You got an excellent game in Trigger Fist. I actually put it right up there with my favorite shooters and I know it will get only better.

With continued success, hopefully you can implement a real person mode only, along with an option for an expanded time limit or kills in each match. I believe that would really add to the Trigger Fist experience.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nice! Looking forward to the content update.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #796 Rip73, Aug 19, 2012
    Thanks for the info John.
    I think it will put a lot of people's concerns to rest knowing that ye are working hard at solving any issues.
    Delighted to hear of potential new content.
    Thanks for that.

I meant to point this out earlier but the sync between devices using gamecenter is brilliant. It works spot on, for me anyway, on multiple devices.

17. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Can't wait for some new content! And I hope apple changes the gamecenter limit so we can have a full lobby.

18. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    I made the mistake of starting to play this on my 4S. I really wanna play this on my Ipad but not only is my progress not in sync with my 4s but my ipad won't let me play anything but single player and bluetooth.

and the option to view achievements in Game Center from the game is not there either.

so I'm stuck now playing this on my 4s since it seems the ipad is stuck in single player

I've tried everything talked about in this thread to get it in sync but doesn't work

19. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I feel like this could use some voice acting... It's neat how there's no background music to make it really sound like you're on the battlefield, but with the only sounds being bullets and explosions, it feels pretty barren. Making soldiers yell commands at each other (the terrorist could yell stuff in a foreign language) could bring more life into each battle. Just a thought... besides, it probably wouldn't be that hard to code it in since the AI is so great already :D

20. SOLIDzizou

SOLIDzizou Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Guadalajara, México.
    it would be nice, if they added some kind of punishment for quitters in the online games, sorta like fifa, a quitter looses the match 3 - 0 by default, only, translating that to a shooter....