Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I keep forgetting that,i've put in only 30-45 minutes into this game (rank 4) trying to get into this game. i give up & quit far too often.

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #862 Johnny101, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Correct again Rip,

I think a prime example of the shortcomings of matchmaking in Game Center would be Call of Duty Black ops. Every time I try and get an mp game going for more than 2 players, it's pretty much impossible.

That's why I like CodWAW zombies for online play, they have their own servers and are extremely easy to find multiplayer games ( when the game was popular) or host matches.

3. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I know and I know it isn't their fault but it woul be nice to have it even if it takes a long time.

4. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    I have been away on holiday. I haven't been playing much. As such, I've missed the first update to the game, the one that 'solved the syncing' problem.

My update went straight to 1.0.2, which crashes on start-up forcing a wipe.

But yeah, that's my fault I suppose? Fact is, this product is not working as intended! Do I have any way to solve that with Apple? No. I have literally zero avenues to address that concern. Does the developer have a responsibility to their users to solve this problem with Apple? I think so yes.

Four and a half hours is a LOT of free time to me. Between work and family responsibilities that's a lot of time for zero progression. Not time I can afford to lose again the next time 'Apple is to blame'

5. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    #865 MKplayer1start, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    For me games just have to work. I'm older, have a family so when I pickup the ipad to play a few quick games it just has to work without issue. I will try one last time and follow Rip73's insructions to try to get this to sync up on my ipad. I appreciate the time he took to explain it.

Update: I just tried it again and doesn't work. My biggest problem is this:

[​IMG]

notice my only options are single player and bluetooth? This is what really bothers me. I wouldn't mind starting over on ipad but I don't even have the option to play online with the ipad.

I'm gonna remove trigger Fist from both devices and remove from game center on both devices. I will then re-install it on just my ipad and see what happens. Ofcourse I'll have to start over but atleast it might fix my single player only problem

Update: Guess what? Doesn't work LOL still stuck with single player only

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Just updated my version as I have not played it for a good few days or something like that, it threw me back into the tutorial again and after that refuses to load up any more, will just crash a few seconds into loading on the first splash screen.

3rd gen iPad user, reinstalling and rebooting the device has not helped so far.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Try to log out and then log in again in GC. Has your GC any special symbol? You know, #, •, etc.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #868 Rip73, Aug 22, 2012
    Your sarcasm is and condescension is nnecessary.
    I'm very sure that I never said it was your fault so the "inverted commas" and their implication is unnecessary.
    As to whether "Apple is to blame" , sorry to upset an "adult" but gamecenter is an Apple system and many of its faults are down to under development on Apple's side and they certainly have a part to play.
    The developer is obviously attempting to solve any problems by working with Apple. John made that clear in his post.
    And the first update did "solve the synching " problem.
    It is unfortunate that you lost progress but there is no time machine available to fix that particular problem so if someone points out that the issues you had have been fixed, or are being worked on very hard to fix any further problems, leads to such a defensive, blatantly sarcastic and condescending response, maybe you should instead act like an adult and try to understand that not everything works out as intended and that every step is being taken by the developer to rectify these things.

By the way, it may surprise you but I also have extensive work responsibilities and other relationships that take up a lot of time as well. Your not speaking to a child so behave appropriately. Your condescension is offensive.
    I merely believe in trying to help out a few people on the forum that are having some difficulties and supporting an independant developer that never intended for any of these issues to occur.

9. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Well to address your second point I've been playing for 12 hours and 15 minutes according to the game timer. In that span I have gained 26,730 XP for the classes. I have 14,360 in scout, 5,100 in gunner, and 7,270 in rifleman. I have a 1.81 KD ratio so I'm not terrible at the game, and I have yet to unlock 9 guns. So take it how you will, but for a short answer, yes, it is really slow.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #870 Rip73, Aug 22, 2012
    I can replicate what you have there by turning wifi off on my iPad and turning airplane mode on.
    From here I obviously can't figure out what the problem is in specific relation to your device but I have tested in multiple different ways and below are the only times I can replicate it.
    If I have a very weak cell single, it doesn't pick up gamecenter.
    If I have airplane mode turned on.
    If I have wifi turned off or no wifi signal.
    If I have data turned off in settings.
    If I have 3G and edge turned off in settings.
    IF I have proxies set for filtering on my router.
    That's it really. And before it becomes ridiculous on this thread, (as i think a certain previous post was) I'm not doubting you or disagreeing with you in any way. I'm simply trying to find a solution to your particular problem and trying to find the circumstances in which this particular problem occurs.
    The above examples, when I have no data point available, are the only times I can replicate that.
    Maybe, one of the above helps. I'm sorry if they don't.

Also, just wanted to say thanks for your appreciation as well. I am just trying to help out so thanks for that.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #871 Rip73, Aug 22, 2012
    I agree, it would be nice alright.
    Many developers will relate issues they have with gamecenter.
    They have a great desire to implement it because of its integration directly into the device and iOS but more often than not, you'll end up with a similar situation to what we are having here.
    From the experience of a couple of developers I can think of, the back end tailored solution turned out very time consuming to implement correctly and very expensive also. And these guys had far more resources than a 15 person team.
    I dunno, I'd just like to see Apple put the same amount of effort into the back end of the gamecenter service as they have put into the advertising of Siri even.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    A clean install direct from app store on your device of version 1.02 should have remedied this.
    If it still crashes after launching v1.02 from the gamecenter app, I'm very confused and can't help. I've tried it out on an iPad 3. Installed 1.0 from computer iTunes, updated from app store on device. It did crash on restart. Deleted app from device and then downloaded v1.02 from app store on device and it launched fine.
    Dunno basically.

13. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Well thanks for trying to figure this one out. Lake Effect should put you on payroll LOL

I just re-installed it on my 4S and it kept all my stats and achievements with game center even though I removed it from game center on both devices. I'll just leave it on my 4S and maybe later on the ipad glitch will get sorted in an update.

14. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    #874 banger1103, Aug 22, 2012
    Well now I really don't know what to do. The game keeps crashing and lagging ridiculously on my Itouch 4. Can't update to the new version( im on 1.0.0)either so I guess Im stuck. It wouldn't be so bad but the game quit three times already, two on 50 kill matches......:(

Not pissed off like some other people on this thread but it's just kind of frustrating. Hopefully they can submit a fix soon :)

15. llamakoolaid

llamakoolaid Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sys Admin
    Houston
    I've had both crashing and data loss issues with updating, however UNINSTALLING completely and then reinstalling has solved my issues. My only question is in regards to matchmaking: Has anyone gotten games to work with other humans and not just bots?

Yes I know this is my first post. I registered this account to specifically ask this question - I'm a big fan of TA in general but as a very big fan of Trigger Fist I wanted to ask the above.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #876 Rip73, Aug 22, 2012
    Got a good few games earlier today with humans.
    Wasnt able to get that many of the play w friends matches to work earlier today but got a good few later in the day.
    Matchmaking seems to be slower and more random but not sure if that's down to not many online or not.

Welcome on board to the posting side of the forum by the way.

17. llamakoolaid

llamakoolaid Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sys Admin
    Houston
    Thanks much, been creeping for quite some time. I' bought this since launch day after the preview from TA but im yet to see a game materialize out of the"matchmaking" option hence my question. Absolutely love it though Lake Effect is to be commended.

18. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Ok, i have ipad 1 and itouch 4. Both link to the same GC and itunes. Ipad1 is my main device to play this game
    Reading on how to deal with crash updates, just want to confirm on what i need to do:
    1. Delete the game on ipad and itunes
    2. Delete GC achievement on ipad when it is asked during deleting the game on ipad
    3. Re-download the game on itunes
    4. Sync/install the game back to ipad

Is that correct?

Since my GC user id is the same on both ipad n itouch, just want to confirm that it is ok to delete GC in my ipad and i will still have the achievements synced (from my itouch)

19. llamakoolaid

llamakoolaid Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sys Admin
    Houston
    You DO NOT need to delete your GC data. Just remove the game from both Devices and reinstall.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #880 Rip73, Aug 22, 2012
    Okay, if both devices sync to gamecenter and if the sync on gamecenter is the same as what is on your iPad, DO NOT REMOVE GAMECENTER from iPad when deleting and reinstalling app if your sync is correct.
    The situation of removing from gamecenter only applied to those that had two devices and the two devices were not synching correctly and a reset was necessary.
    In your situation, assuming the sync is the same on both, that part isn't necessary.

Again, do not delete from gamecenter if you're devices are synched correctly or if you only have one device.

Deleting the game from iTunes on your computer isn't necessary either.

If you are having the crash at launch issue after the update, deleting the app and reinstalling from the app store on your iPad is all you need the do.
    The sync and save data will transfer to the app once reinstalled if you launch the game from within the gamecenter app leaderboard. It will sync eventually anyway but through the gamecenter app is quicker and easier.

All you need to do is check the leaderboard on gamecenter for the following:
    Rank
    Global xp
    Rifleman xp
    Gunner xp
    Scout xp.
    If they are the same as what is on your iPad, you have no sync issues. If they are also the same on your iTouch, that has no sync issues either.

Again, the delete from gamecenter solution is only for two devices that are not synching correctly. Progress loss in this situation is inevitable. Plus you only delete from gamecenter on the device that is not synching correctly or with the least amount of progress as a method of resetting gamecenter on that particular device.

Never delete from gamecenter on a device that is synching correctly. This is very important if you want to keep the progress you gained on that device.