Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Great game! Glad I got it for free. :D

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Not so good of a game. Every time I shoot at someone and they arnt shooting me, they some how kill me when they turn around even though I'm shooting a whole clip at them.

Officially deleted.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I don't believe you. I bet you deleted it unofficially. If you really deleted it officially, prove it.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    No no, I'm sure there's a certificate with a stamp and everything! :p

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'd love to take your word for it, but unfortunately I must see confirmation from Information Retrieval. My hands really are tied, old boy.

6. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hahaha yep of course those people;)
    But gping back to the whole discussion, I get your point. Perhaps I was being a little too defensive. No harm done :D.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1047 Greyskull, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks banger :)

I do think the auto aim should be tuned down a bit; as it is, there is very little evasive action that can be taken once you or an opponent is in the sights of a enemy. It becomes more like a quick draw game than an FPS if you target someone who is at medium range or closer (and probably farther if you are using a more accurate weapon).

Oh, one more thing about the auto-aim. I haven't played the Gameloft titles, but one iOS FPS that managed to combine a fluid control scheme (with x-y axis aiming) perfect for ios while also allowing players to evade, if skilled enough, is Archetype. That game uses dedicated servers though; I wonder if that provides a less laggy environment, allowing the developers to give the player more latitude when it comes to circle-strafing etc., maneuvers that are more lag-sensitive.

I have a quick question regarding the radar. Does it only show a ping when a player shoots, or does it also show players who are running? I'de like to know if crouch-walking; or shooting while crouched, offers any benefit besides making you a slightly smaller target.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Haven't had too much of a chance to play this, but seems pretty fun so far. Only thing that I'm having trouble getting used to -- and I know this was done purposely for ease on the iOS --is the lack of vertical aim. So I take it that there's no such thing as a headshot in this game for that very reason?

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it. Haven't gone online yet. But damn those bots are pretty tough, it's probably easier in a real match.

9. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Glad I didn't pay for this, it constantly crashes while loading. iPhone 4, latest software, restarted device.

10. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012

This is a 3rd person shooter not a fps. I thinks thats why no verticle. Plus the ai so good i think i would die more (if its possible) if i had to do that too.

Yeah auto aim sucks Good to start off but wish you can take it off.

Yes only shooting gets you on the radar. Crouch walking just makes you an easier target since you are slower.

Loving this gaming. Hoping soon a game like Socom is possible on my ipod. Idc if there is no story just want battles.

11. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    It's because of recoil. Try burst shots, crouching while shooting, etc...

12. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Include zombies in the next update and I'll reinstall the game.

13. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Zombies?????

14. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I have an iPod touch, never crashed

15. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012

Haha thinking same thing for both

16. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Any one unlock the DE yet? Im about 4k away just wondering how it fairs.

17. xDyNaMiiCx

xDyNaMiiCx Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Only update this game really needs, is a fully online multiplayer. I don't know about anyone else, I rather play real people then bots.

18. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Yeah bots get old after awhile. But they need they're own servers cuz Gamecenter supports upto four player I believe.

19. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I can't believe this game is free right now. What a lucky way to start off the day today =) This will be the first FPS game that I'll be playing for my iPod since Dead Trigger.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Had my best offline game yesterday (goat) 27 kills & 7 deaths for some reason I tend to do better with the gunner.