Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Tip of the week:

try launch.triggerfist.com or triggerfist:// to start the game

this URL scheme can be used with Launch Center for shortcuts

note: this probably isn't that useful

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1162 Rip73, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Did you try the tip about setting up new gamecenter account, starting game and reverting back your original account afterwards?
    This sounds like you're initial problem and that you didn't try it yet.
    I know you said you probably wouldn't bother with it but if it solves the problem, why not do it.
    It'd take less time than typing in a thread post.

It has been proven to work by other users earlier in the thread.

Page 96 of this thread.
    Only other person on the thread that has posted of the same problem and that solution worked for him.

3. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Are you matchmaking?

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm just one dude, but I honestly don't think people are bailing intentionally. I might have finished 1 out of 5 MP matches with other humans remaining, and I find it hard to believe 3 out of 4 (excluding me) people bail on 4 out of 5 of my matches.

I played with a guy earlier today who was wiping the floor with me (and everyone else), and then he abruptly left?:confused: I would have to assume he didn't choose to leave, considering he was around 14-2 at the time, unless he got bored of killing me (and everyone else) over and over again...:eek:;):D

FWIW, if you play with me, regardless of how poorly I'm doing, I do not quit. If I leave, I do not go willingly.

DBC

5. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    BTW, Lake Effect guys? It happened again tonight. No control of character, classes, weapons, etc. switching automatically...

This time I was starting a MM MP game, waiting for a player for a bit, paused my game for a second, waited some more, game started... and I'm a bot.:eek:

Funny thing is? With my bot partner doing the moving and me doing the shooting and reloading, we actually make a pretty formidable team!:D

Actually boosted my K/D a little bit, so :p...

DBC

6. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    [​IMG]

7. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Dude, seriously.

Weirdest. Experience. Evar.

Want something to laugh about? I've actually learned a bit about how to dodge and shoot properly from watching my "special friend" run around a couple times. I honestly think seeing "through the bot's eyes" has improved my skill, and probably has some part in me getting my K/D above 1.:D

If I can set it up, and get it to work, I'll try to get video of it happening, complete with my hands not on the screen, provided it ever happens again...

DBC

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I seem to be able to get around the online problem by just opening the actual gamecentre app itself before starting the game, no need to create a new account, just open it and close it and that works for me

9. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    That happens to me too, I quit the app though , I thought mabye some one was hacking the game or something.

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I tip my hat to you funky drummer for being one of the few willing to admit to getting their ass kicked during a game.

11. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Well sent me a friend invite and i will play. Only after 7pm cst usa and weekends.

This is why i fig a trig group on face book would be handy until they tweet things. That way you can message games and stuff

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Instead of reading through over 1000 comments, perhaps someone would be kind enough to answer 3 questions I have:

1) Are the objectives (KOtH, CtG) visible on the radar? I've played entire games of King of the Hill without finding the hill.

2) What does it mean when the triangle in the radar turns red?

In the tutorial, a usable environment feature is shown. Are they actually in the game? I can't find any.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1173 Rip73, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    1/ the objectives are indicated in the centre of the radar/gunfire detector.
    The arrow points in the direction of your objective, where the hill is or where the goat is. It doesn't indicate distance, just direction.

On a side note, the radar is not real radar. It tells the direction of enemy gunfire and moves from white to red to indicate how close the gunfire is.

Also, in king of the hill, there is a crown floating above the hill to indicate it visually. Once at close enough proximity to the hill, you will see a bar on screen that gradually fills up green while taking it until hill is captured. It fills quicker the more teammates are there. It doesn't move at all if both you and enemies are on the hill attempting to capture it so you have to go and kill them to start capturing.

2/ That's the directives arrow.
    When it's red the enemy team has the objective, the hill or the goat.
    When it's green your team has the objective, as in a member of your team is carrying the goat or members of your team have captured the hill.
    When it's flashing white/red, members of the enemy team are at the hill attempting to capture it.

The usable environment feature, is where you jump or roll over walls or barriers (depending on the map) by using the melee (fist) button.
    They are everywhere on maps. Once you get to a wall, just hit the melee button. You can back over them and roll over them sideways. Cars and larger objects or walls higher than your characters waist level, you can't.
    Watch the bots and any wall you see them back roll over, sideways roll over or jump over, you can do the same. Just hit the melee button when up against a wall and you'll see what I mean.

14. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Rip beat me. Stupid job

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1175 Rip73, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    Getting your ass handed to ya is one of the great features of the game. Weird as that may be.
    I've managed to hit number 1 on leaderboard (real number 1, actual number 3 but I'm not counting the two boosters ahead of me) and I regularly get pwned in it.
    My OCD just won't leave me quit a match. Plus the enormous fun and challenge of it all.
    Love the challenge of it all.
    It makes every other (non hacked) shooter look like a walk in the park on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry bout that. Curse that job work thing getting in the way.

I think you're taking over my earlier position as chief poster and tip/info giver.
    Nice work on the usefull contributions to the thread.

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Man I feel stupid. This entire time I thought the arrow was showing me what direction I was pointing in!

I'm no dummy, I just have a short attention span :)

18. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Hey, I might be ugly, but I'm humble...;):D

DBC

19. Jchan

Jchan Member

Jul 19, 2012
    zombie bot effect

This just happened to me as well while playing "Save the Goat." The AI did all movements except for shooting the gun. I racked up more kills than I ever have (17 or so).

20. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks i give what i can since i really love this game. Better then nova n mod combat. We need a food game.

******advice*****

guys play with the options. Change the gun speed kneel speed and the button arangment.

It took me many trys to get it where i like it for my big fingers. Plus chaning the sensitivity gives you the chance to turn around and shoot back and also kneel so it doesnt kneel when you dont want it.

Customize it the way you like it