Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Any plans for an update? Like more guns, skins and other stuff?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    New maps are in the works according to dev.
    How close or far, they haven't said.
    No word on new guns or skins yet but I'd imagine if new maps are being developed, some new guns are possible.

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I should probably start ranking up other kit/classes/thingies, scout is all I use...

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1184 Rip73, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Try the rifleman.
    The m4 is good but the m16 has awesome accuracy at long range.
    You can stay out of the range of a lot of enemies and still hit them.
    Close up, it's not so great but so far it's helped me get over 200 decimators and increased my k/d from 1.2 to 2.34.
    The burst fire takes a bit of getting used to but it's some weapon.
    Still love my m4 for closer combat. Hell of a fire rate.

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I hope that they fix the no online bug in the next update

6. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Seeing that i loved shooting froma distance with sniper rifle or a m16 im hoping to see larger new map . I tried m16 here and i was always getting caught close so it never worked for me.

I dont have a fav gun yet. Maybe the DE.

LOVE THAT PISTOL!

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1187 Rip73, Aug 31, 2012
    But there is online.
    Never have much of a problem getting games against players.
    Generally use the play with friends option and then if no friends there, it seems to default back to matchmaking.
    Play with friends option does appear to work quicker than just selecting matchmaking.

Unless you mean the play with friends or matchmaking option doesn't show up in the game. If its that there is a good few people that have solved that by either launching the game from gamecenter app, having gamecenter app open before playing the game or by setting up new gamecenter account, playing game and then relogging in with original gamecenter account. There seems to a good few posters either of these has worked for.
    Page 119 has a couple of posts about it.

8. mantisLJD

mantisLJD Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    student, friend, brother, son
    #1188 mantisLJD, Aug 31, 2012
    I just played a few matches where two of my three teammates were human players and the AI terrorists seemed more clever and harder to kill.

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm a really close range player in any shooter, but I do like the m4. I'll start playing with rifleman see how that goes although I haven't had a problem with range except with P90 which effing SUCKS at range.

I considered burst firing early on, but it just didn't seem to make a difference as there's no noticeable recoil.. Ammo conservation was my motive, had a huge problem with constant reloads at first but I can't see any advantage to burst firing..??

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1190 Rip73, Aug 31, 2012
    @Mantis
    The AI is definitely tougher to beat than real people.
    They do have particular patterns at the start of matches, very human like patterns, but then they bloody switch up to a different strategy and you end up flanked and dead without even knowing what the hell happened.
    Real people are more predictable.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1191 Rip73, Aug 31, 2012
    It's advantage is purely down to long range and accuracy. It's equal to the 50 cal (essentailly a sniper rifle) on both counts. 50 call obviously does substantially more damage from maximum possible distance of the maps.
    Three hits from m16 from the other side of the map and they will go down. The gap between bursts is the disadvantage of it when close to an enemy.
    The p90 will always knock em when close but at distance, the enemy can survive a couple of hits from it.
    M4 is similar to p90 but slightly better range. Somewher between m16 and p90 range wise. Same fire rate but smaller magazine so you get caught out during reload.
    M4 is best all round weapon on any map if you're gonna stick to one class and weapon.
    M16 is best on train and fountain map. P90 suits cave and village/huts map. M4 for the other two.

Of course, the above changes fairly frequently depending on my mood at the time so I'll probably have different ideas next week. I loved my 50 cal ar-15 last week, this week it's the m16 and first it was the m4.

12. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    First off I didn't realize you meant the m16's burst fire, I thought you meant burst fire in general.. Which remains pointless in my eyes.

Yeah I kinda actually like the M16 cuz of burst fire i've always liked using burst fire weapons, no problem there, I'm accurate enough. Love the one burst kill.

Loved the m4 at first but hate the small mag and dont have any real need for its range, so kinda leaned on scout. To me the range on the UMP is quite adequate, at least for me.

Im gonna start switching to the m16 in larger more open maps, I do like that gun..

How's the scar, is it worth working for?

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1193 Rip73, Aug 31, 2012
    Can't quite take to the scar at all. Magazine is too small. Really have to conserve fire with it.
    It's A, B, A, B in the stats listing so damage and range are good just can't quite get used to running out of ammo.
    It's accuracy and fire rate just kind of annoy a bit despite having decent accuracy. If it had 30 round magazine (it has 20 rounds in standard magazine, 24 in extended), it would be unbeatable, but I tend to run out of ammo or killed during reload. And I simply miss too many killchains.
    As it is, I'd prefer m4 for the type of matches I use it for.

Scar is worth having for certain strategies, good combination of range and close up use, excellent damage. Looks great as well. I'll have it another go once the m16 gets boring but for now it just doesn't suit my style of play.
    G35 is worth aiming for. Range could be better but its a real good combo (close and upper mid range) weapon.

Just on the burst firing thing, I was specifically talking about the 3 round fire of the m16 but I do recommend controlled firing. Not burst firing but not continuos either. Roughly, very roughly, about a third of a mag.
    There is no noticeable recoil as such but continuous fire will throw the hit rate and accuracy off on the mid/low rate of fire weapons.

14. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Tapping the fire button then just holding it at long distances makes a bug differences. If you watch the bullets you can see them scatter if you hold it. But tapping the button it stays on target. However if its a scout gun the farthwr away you are te longer it takes to kill something. Scout guns are run n guns.

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, this is good info. I would add, mainly to stress the point on weapon choice, the game is not a dumbed down affair where there are super powerful weapons, super super powerful weapons, and super super super powerful weapons.

It's quite realistic, so if you're using a scout class weapon on targets at long range, or a rifleman class weapon on targets at short range, the game isn't malfunctioning when you get killed repeatedly, you're simply not using realistically modeled weapons for their intended purpose.

When I first started, I would unload full clips (scout class) into distant targets, and then eventually get two-shotted by them. I was like, "WTF?":eek:

Think realistically when playing, it does wonders for your ability...;)

Man this game is well done.:D

DBC

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Figured it would have a small mag, as it does in every game... not for me

Yeah I do conserve the ammo with a careful trigger but not really burst cuz It doesn't seem to make a different for me, especially since I suck at aiming in this game while letting go of the button repeatedly lol but I'll keep that in mind

17. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    #1197 Joebob1717, Aug 31, 2012
    Hows the m1014 or the third or fourth rifle man gun ? Should I stick with the rifleman class ( m16) or should I try to level up a different class ?

Also whats a decimator ?

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Personally, I like the Scout, although I'm also fond of the Rifleman. I'm currently working on the UMP upgrade for my Scout, and I can't wait to see what changes.

As for the Rifleman, I really like the M16, but I haven't gotten anything higher unlocked, so...;)

Freaking hard to get? No, seriously, it's a 10-kill streak...

DBC

19. ion677

ion677 Member

Aug 28, 2012
    The most annoying thing in the game is that when I get 20+ kill streak I only get credited with 1 decimator. Lame!

20. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    http://triggerfist.net/

Unofficial Trigger Fist Forum

I just found this and had no idea it was in production haha