Universal Trulon (by Lillback Powerco Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #41 Saucepolicy, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Question: How do you recharge mana? My magic user has been wandering around with 1 mana no matter how many times I zone and the orbs don't respawn. There doesn't seem to be a sleep option or inns, nor are there consumable potions that I've found. I don't want to go into the 2nd mini-boss fight with half of my party gimped. :)

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hey Exact Psience,

I went to Kemco's website and apparently I don't own any of their titles. I also can't think of any titles that really fall into that category...

I do own and have beaten the following:

Baldur's Gate EE
    Icewind Dale EE
    XCOM Enemy Within
    XCOM Enemy Unknown
    Shadowrun Returns
    Shadowrun Dragonfall
    The Bard's Tale
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Record of Agarest War
    Infinity Blade Trilogy
    The Shadown Sun
    Barcode Kingdom
    Chaos Rings II
    King of Dragon Pass
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow
    Oceanhorn
    Iesabel
    Warhammer Quest
    Dragon Quest
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest IV
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy VI
    Heroes of Might and Magic III
    Knights of Pen and Paper
    Banner Saga
    Avernum Escape from the Pits
    Avernum 6

Other Titles:
    Siralim (Doesn't really end)
    Battle heart Legacy (Tons of replay value in New Game+)
    Sorcery!3 (Takes less than 5 hours)
    Crowntakers (Takes less than 5 hours but tons of replay value)
    Ancient Legacy (Under 5 hours)
    Dark Room and Ensign (Under 5 hours)

Not sure where you were going with this but I hope this answers your question

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It does... You love playing games with either big content (takes long to finish) or high replay value, neither of which is true of Trulon. It's a really good game, but doesnt take as long as any of the RPGs you have completed.

I apologize for the Kemco bit. It threw me off in assuming you played them because you quoted Lawliet's post that mentioned it.

Oh, and MHFU also doesnt really end either. ;)

4. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    All good man. I picked it up anyway. It'll give me something to do while I'm soaking up the sun on the deck tomorrow... now all I need is an anti-glare screen protector :(

5. Neutralus

Neutralus New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    The best way (the only way?) to refill gaudium is to wander around the world map until a random encounter appears. This usually has an orb of gaudium and a chest. If you want to avoid the fights at random encounters you can walk around the enemies to the exit (at least I could). Could be just me but I kept getting the most random encounters appear SW from Meadow Hills and near the beach. Collecting the orbs and the random encounters also help to level up the chars for more HP that's more than welcome in the mini-boss fight at Wayfarers Holt.

6. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Yeah, I've been grinding that way for a bit because I couldn't beat the mini-boss in Borderlands at first go. Unfortunately I haven't seen a chest/orb for the last 10+ random encounters, it's been all battles. I began to assume that the orbs had a finite spawn rate in the overworld. Either the RNG needs to be tweaked, or I just have extraordinarily bad luck.

I'll be frank, I wish the map locations respawned random encounters as well. It's sad that once you explore them completely there's never any reason to revisit. A small nitpick however.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I am loving this so far. More than the YS game that came out the same night. I do wish I could speed up the walking and combat stuff a little but though. Unless I missed that option somewhere?

8. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Hey EP, if you like premium, have you tried Hero Emblems? A match 3 rpg style. I'm not huge into match 3 but it's fun to mix it in sometimes. Nice game with pretty good length and difficulty.

Also to get back to this game your initial review sold me. Going to download now

9. Neutralus

Neutralus New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I hear ya,
    did you turn on the steam near the borderlands mini-boss?
    That helps with the mini-boss fight a lot!

10. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I'm in the Borderlands now - has anyone figured out where the "Secret Treasure" is?
    Do I need to wait until a later area?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hehehe... I've been one of the first people to dive in and provide impressions for it man. The first of my GotY nominations for 2015.

12. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I own most of the games listed above so we obviously have similar taste. However, I haven't played many of them to completion. You appear to be a lot more diligent than me :)

13. sawjaifob

sawjaifob Member

May 28, 2009
    The frenzied factory quest need help

anyone know how to put the poles on this quest to complete it. I dont even understand what the point is. Any help is appreciated

14. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I did, but
    it didn't seem to do anything...perhaps it was already on and I turned it off by accident

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I used to be able to tap on the spoiler parts of these messages, but recently it doesn't work anymore on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

16. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I had to work this out with a spreadsheet old skool ;-p

1st - middle-top
    2nd - bottom of the middle three
    3rd - top position on the left
    4th - second from bottom on the left

View attachment Pylon layout.pdf

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I can hover fine to read spoilers on the pc, but cant read spoilers on the TA app. I dont think tis gon get fixed soon though.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, at least it's not just me. But unfortunately it's all of us. I usually try to keep up with TA on my phone when I'm away from my work computer. Wonder why the spoilers stopped working. I haven't updated in a long time. Thanks for confirming though!

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I think it stopped working after they have changed the website layout/design if I remember correctly.
    You can still do the copy/paste method though.

20. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    This game has the most amazingly fun battle system of any RPG I've ever played, and I've been playing RPGs since Dragon Warrior 1 on NES. It's incredibly strategic and fun.

If you're having trouble with any bosses because you're running out of cards, it's really important to remember to use the wildcard mechanic. Unless you're really trying to pull off a combo, the wildcards are often the best bet, as they are an infinite resource. If you get a good wildcard but have a great card, it's usually best to save the great card for later. This is especially important with bosses because you'll run out of cards before they run out of health otherwise.