Universal Try Harder (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Brossoft

Brossoft New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    "This item is no longer available". Hope it comes back soon :)

2. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Yea I wonder if it bothers devs, they probably hear us complain all the time about it, which is the last thing they want to hear about when they are nervously waiting for us to get our hands on their new games. I kind of feel bad about it now that I think about it. It's really just apples fault, wish there was some where better for us to complain that unlike those crappy customer support things

3. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    There's nothing they can do about it, it's the AppStore. However, yes, one of the devs is on this thread and is aware.

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Seems like it finally works again, downloading now

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Game could be fun but the tracks are not randomized so I lost interest after a few runs.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    ...but that's the point of the game. You're on the same track, using the corpses of your past runs to get farther and farther.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Wait... what?

That sounds more interesting than I dismissed this game for. :eek:

8. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Just noticed the corpses in the screenshots, so now I'm totally getting this.

9. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

#30 UnhappyUnlucky, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    I think the corpses are your character remains after many failed attempts. You can see where you last died. Kind of funny and amusing. Worth downloading just to see the corpse :)

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So the issue was fixed.

I'm actually liking the game. Yes it's an endless type of runner but I like how you can use your corpses from previous attempts.

Its actually tough as nails but fun.

Billy

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOWZERS!!! Game is crazy hard... but oh so fun, satisfying, and incredibly enjoyable. I love the way you can use the little guys to help you reach areas in your next run... I've said 'just one more life' so many times now, I can't count... I finally had to just put my phone down. =oP

12. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    This game is all kinds of awesome. I've only had a chance to play a few minutes (can't wait to get home tonight), but it's fun, hard, great looking, quirky and super well put together. Really nice job, devs!

13. This game is lots of fun. I like the creepy "try harder" voice over when you die.

14. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    It takes a lot for an endless runner to find its way on to my device these days. I really love this one. It feels like they have taken a brutally hard classic NES platformer and turned it in to a runner. The concept is great.

15. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I like the game, just wish there was a greater sense of progression, or a more enjoyable sense of high score climbing. The mechanics all feel sound, just wish there were unlockables and other things to keep me playing. Maybe if the mechanics were deeper or there was more to the game that wouldn't matter as much, otherwise cool art style, music, and overall feel.

16. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #37 Glorkbot, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    This game is very similar in feel to Bit Trip Runner (it even copies the rainbow trail behind you that you can build up to in the Runner games). On the other hand, it brings it's own style too.

I love that your dead bodies from previous runs actually help make the next run easier, by offering a buffer of protection.

(Sometimes they seem to glitch though, and the dead bodies are not where they're supposed to be... and then end up either floating in the air above where you died, or below under the ground where they can't help.)

17. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    It's really sad to see cool new games come out and then have their message board threads fill up with junk about the apple store not working properly instead of posts about how cool the game is.

18. odamon1

odamon1 New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Android

Please bring this game to android-it looks so fun!!
    :):):):)

19. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

You can play this on your iPhone instead. No need to wait for an android port ;)