iPad Tumbledrop

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dock, Jan 15, 2010.

1. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

aww.. missed out too... looks real cute!

2. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    Can anyone remove the 99c sale from this thread title please? :) It's not been on sale for a while.

3. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the code! Looking forward to checking it out!

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I just want to let you know that Tumbledrop is a fantastic game.

A couple things that would be nice to see in an update.

1. Would like to see an option to let you skip through the levels.

2. Darker "?" and "Main Menu" buttons. They are barely noticeable so it would be nice if you darkened them a bit. Not a big deal for people who have played it a bit and know they are there but for new people it might be hard for them to notice.

3. When I first completed the Beginner stages it said I unlocked medium levels. I picked beginner so I could go and get more medals but every level I tried playing after that kept giving me the message that I completed the Beginner stages and would again ask me if I wanted to go to the medium levels or beginner levels. This continued until I just went back to the main menu. Once I returned to the menu it "unlocked" the medium option and since then the message hasn't appeared.

Also, just wondering if you have an idea on how many new levels you think you may be adding in updates. I love the game and I can't see 60 levels lasting me too long so new levels are always welcomed. :D

Keep up the great work and I hope your game is very successful. I'll try and help with the sales by recommending it to everyone I know. ;)

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Is this .99 sale current?

I've gone through the thread and can't find anything on a sale and iTunes has it still listed for $1.99

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    oops.......found something in regards to my last post.:rolleyes:

7. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Finished all levels shortly after my last post so I'm looking forward to an update with more.

Still need to replay a number of them to get medals though.

8. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    still not on sale - title still wrong !

9. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    will take it when free then...not very much to wait i hope

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    To me, this game is as good as Angry Birds, which everyone here loves. In fact I love that game too, but this is my favorite physics puzzle game. Very well worth the $2 asking price.

11. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree. The game is $1.99 which is very little for such a quality title. Great menus, characters who react to what is going on, colorful levels, great balance of difficulty (never really feeling too hard), aside from just clearing a level you also can try and get two different types of medals, music that suits the game perfectly, and best of all fantastic physics.

The only real complaint is some levels require numerious attempts to get medals on but that is a good thing since it enchourages people to keep playing the game. I know 60 levels doesn't seem like much but with 2 medals on each stage it makes it well worth the $2. Not to mention future updates with more levels. :D

How anyone can think a quality title like this isn't worth $2 is beyond me. Don't forget the lite or trial version only has the beginning stages so as you progress you will be dealing with much harder levels.

12. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    If you only want to complete all the levels, the difficulty levels as labelled (easy, medium, difficult) are accurate, but getting those medals is TOUGH! I've got all the medals for the easy levels, took me about an hour to do so, but I've only got about half of the medium ones and very few of the ones in hard. It's not only a matter of retrying, but observing the reactions of your movements, figuring out which ones to tap and exactly how to time it. It's really really a challenge! Even without any added levels I don't see myself finishing with this anytime soon, and I've put upwards of 10 hours into the game already. A good portion of that has been spent challenging my wife in the quick play mode though, which is another part of why this game is such a blast.

13. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Yes, but Angry birds costs $0.99 ... i think "Tumbledrop" should be in that price!!! There are A LOT of amazing titles with 0.99, i don't think that this one is better...(it's only my opinion):)

14. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    i dont really care either way but i do think the title of the thread should be changed because its WRONG !

15. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Congrats on the 4/4 "Must Have" review on STP Dock! Definitely well deserved for this fantastic game.

16. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

#76 hasio_john, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    Why the title is still "0.99 SALE!" ??
    The game costs $1.99!!!

p.s. by the way , ...from the lite version i tried , the game is fantastic!!!
    Maybe with a price drop , ill get it!!! :)

17. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Can't believe STP ONLY just reviewed this! Hope it will bring you lots more success Dock! Looking forward to the new level pack, showed this game to my mum and she loved it too, played through all the levels n all!

18. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Moms and kids love it, so do wives, girlfriends, and myself, and I'm usually killing demons or zombies or aliens or something on my iPod. It's a real crowd pleaser!

19. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #79 Coldar, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    Somebody PLEASE put this title to rest! I've been wanting this game forever and the title is so misleading but waiting for another sale. Think there are a ton of requests for this within the thread.
    Thanks.:)

(watch everyone ignore it once it IS on sale....lol)

Edit: meh'....maybe I'll pick it up after all.

20. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    lol this game for 1.99$? it would cost 0.99$ or would be free!