iPad Tumbledrop

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dock, Jan 15, 2010.

1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    You obviously haven't played it.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I suggest both of you pick it up. The game is great and well worth the $1.99.

I have no idea how people can complain about a lousy $2. Honestly I bought a coffee before work today and it cost me almost the same.

This game has great character, 60 levels that can be completed 3 ways, and the option to go for two medals on each level. Plus the promise of additional levels in updates.

Don't get me wrong, I love sales too but when you are only talking about 50% off a game that only costs $2 to begin with big deal. Now if it was priced like my last purchased game, Airport Mania, which was at $6.99 (I held out and got it for $0.99) then I could see people being upset.

3. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just released the 1.1 update which adds 20 more levels and fixes a lot of bugs. The new levels are harder than before, and introduce new styles of puzzle. Please check it out!

The price since the update is $2.99, because of the new content, and it's no longer new. I'm sorry that people are complaining about the price. I'm a solo developer and I can't afford to price my game so cheaply. I'm committed to making high quality games for my customers though, and I really appreciate the support I receive. Thanks everyone!

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    The problem is that there are tons of similar games (category: "remove-the-blocks" games) and nearly all of them are cheaper than this one...so now you can understand why all ask for a price drop!!

5. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    the dev can put his game at the price he wants no? its his game , not yours. After that you decide if you want it or not.

by the way awesome game , worth the price.

6. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

#86 hasio_john, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    +1 ...
    For $0.99, this is an instant buy game!!! (at least for me) ;)

Also we can decide to write our thoughts in a forum without your opinion!!!;):)

7. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    I agree that there are many cheaper physics games, those are good games too. I don't think my game is very expensive though, and almost all the people that have bought at $2-3 all seem to be happy with their purchase. :)

8. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree, you made a great game and I was glad to purchase it when it came out for $1.99.

Nice to see a new update with some new levels. When I left for work this morning I didn't see the update so it must have been released after I left the house.

I'm guessing the new levels are free for people who already bought the game. :confused: Also do you plan on any more new levels in future updates?

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    There might be loads of these games on the store, but this is the brightest, cutest and most well put together.

10. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Well worth $1.99 when it first came out, now it is definately worth $2.99 with the extra levels.

This game stands out due to two reasons:

-2 challenges per level (least AND most moves)

-survival mode

Really makes it stand out from the rest of the pack IMO.

11. Dock

Dock Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Game Developer
    Cambridge, UK
    Thanks! :3 Yes, the update is free for people that already bought the game. It's the 1.1 update. I plan to add more levels later in the year though, but I want to make sure those are high quality levels. :)

12. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada

And ontop of what they said the level of polish is fantastic. Just playing the game you can really see that you truly put a lot of work into the game and into making it just perfect. Everything about it is fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new levels and future levels.

Thanks. Also glad to hear more levels are planned. :D

13. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I'm really enjoying the new levels, thanks Dock.

One thing I sometimes wish is that the quick play mode used more of a variety of the levels. I know that doing that undermines the methodology of the scoring somewhat, but I have pretty long play sessions with quick play and I do find myself wishing for a bit more variety when I do that.

And to add to what I hope is the last time I feel compelled to say something on this--yes there are other, similar games like this one out there. I've tried many of them, and none of them are close to the level of Tumbledrop. So you can pay 99 cents for a lesser game of the same style or $3 now for the best and only one of the style you will need. At least, that's how I see it.

14. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Anyone clear all the levels and get all the medals yet?

15. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yep, I finished everything a few days after the update came out. I'm 160/160 :)

16. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Picked up Private Sheep yesterday...Tumbledrop is still the best game of its kind though, in my opinion.

17. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Danger Cats for me is the best (also for that meowww!) :)

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #98 Drucifer, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
    I agree. Saving Private Sheep is fun especially for some of the neat variety in levels, such as trying not to save the wolves dressed as sheep. Unfortunately there are some crappy things about it such as the difficulty. Most levels can be completed with ease (the gold are also a joke to get) and unless you didn't get a gold the first time there isn't much more reason to play them again.

Now I'm not saying Saving Private Sheep is bad because it was well worth what I paid for it but I think Tumbledrop exceeds here because of harder levels and the 2 medals you can earn per level. Also love all the crazy shapes that really effect the physics of your star guy. :)

Also anyone willing to help on level 70? I got the star medal once before but my sister was asking for help and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find out what I did. :(

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Ah, level 70. That one brings up the problem with a few of the super hard levels.

Now, I could just be doing them a cheated way, so feel free anyone to correct me if you've found a reliable solution to 70.

You remove the left and middle vertical rectangle blocks, sending down the tiny block attached to the balloon, it should land on top of the horizontal block that has fallen- and should be leaning over to the left. The block will slowly slide down to the left, eventually falling off. When the balloon is underneath you, remove the tiny block and send the balloon up to knock you off safely to the left.

Now the problem, the blocks don't always fall this way. It might have to do with the balloon slightly swaying back and forth after you remove one of the vertical blocks. This could cause the solution to fail. I exited the game a few times and tried a bunch of superstitious things and got it to work.

I encountered a couple of other levels that had similar physics problems that only worked 15% of the time. However, like I said..there could be a stable solution to it, and I just did it a different way.

20. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks. That would explain why I'm having trouble reproducing it. I'll keep trying.