Universal twofold inc. (by webbfarbror AB) [From the creator of rymdkapsel]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 28, 2016.

1. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #21 abstractgamefreak, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    iPad 2, iOS 7.12. Meanwhile the update fixed it fortunately. Great game. Get it!

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    So awesome and I'm no puzzle buff.

3. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Yes. I want this. I'm sure I'd like this. But with Crashlands commanding my attention... will I even play this?
    I don't want to lose it in my backlog. So wish list it is.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Just downloaded and can't wait to play. Only issue I've noticed, and it's a minor one, is that the game doesn't save your options settings when closed and restarted. Anyone else experiencing this?

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #26 vectorarchitekt, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    So happy this released this week.
    Might sit on my home screen forever next to Hue Ball and Faif, or at least until they "break".
    So good.
    It looks like it came out last week?

6. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    This game is so satisfying.

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    After playing a bit, I can't help but wish there was at least a separate mode where the game board was a bit bigger. There is lots of empty space on top and bottom of the screen

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I have to agree with you, but not a big deal.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Oh jeez this game is awesome!

So what is the significance of the colored progress bars at the bottom of the screen?

10. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    You can drag colors from the bars at the bottom onto the screen changing blocks into that color. Can be a life saver.

I was excited when I had 3 of 1 color saved up, but was disappointed that you must use all the blocks of a color you saved. So if you have 3 blue's saved, you can't just use 1 of the blocks, must use all. Perhaps that's a bug?

Great game, innovative with superb fit and finish.

11. pannon

pannon New Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Agree.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I assume that's intentional but does it also mean the blocks can only laid out horizontally or am I missing how to rotate the group?

13. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I can't rotate it either so not sure if it's possible. Does seem strange being forced to use entire group and horizontal only. Hopefully the next update will allow you to select 1 block at a time from the spare sets.

It's also frustrating when I'm doing great and then get a request for 64 blocks of a color that only has 3 blocks total on the map. Go from 4 lives to 0. If anyone has a tip on what to do in that situation it would be welcome.

14. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Best puzzle game I've played in a good while but it commits that sin of killing any background audio I have playing which is a deal breaker for me

15. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    I really like the basic puzzle mechanics here. But I have a strong aversion to puzzle games with timers and a concept of "lives". So here's my request for some kind of "Zen Mode" without timers/lives :cool:

16. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    It's important at the beginning of the stage to see what the highest number is (most colors you need to clear). If it ever looks like you don't have enough blocks to clear on the board at the moment, try to clear colors next to those remaining. For instance if you need to clear 16 blue, but you have just 1 by itself. But there is a grouping of another color that you can clear that is touching that 1 blue. Your aiming for it to refresh blue blocks in those spaces so you can utilize that 1 on your board. Hopefully that makes sense - have fun - cheers.

17. bobbyquick

bobbyquick New Member

Dec 5, 2011
    How does scoring work?

Please help me figure out a few things on this game.

It seems the lower color boxes (rows of 4) fill as you have leftover points when the match is worth more than the request. But any idea how that is calculated?

Are the scores based solely on the number of requests?

Is there any benefit to having more or fewer moves left when you fill the last request?

Strategy-wise, I'm trying to figure out whether it's more important to save the first couple lives or to save the lower colored boxes. It seems that lives refill faster.

One strange thing is that there doesn't seem to be that much benefit for making matches longer than needed. Am I wrong about that?

18. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #39 zen_mode, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    What's with the UI elements being unnecessarily small? The guy that made this doesn't seem to have much concept of usability. I wonder if this was also the case for Rymdkapsel.

Also, is there anything here that won't turn this game into a borefest after a couple days like 99% of puzzle games? Though I appreciate the comments here saying it's great, let's be honest, there's always these comments when a pretty new puzzle game is released. Then it's a ghost town shortly thereafter.

The dev seems to be asking for a higher price than normal for these sort of games so I'm wondering if there's any particular depth. I've watched the videos, have a basic grasp of the mechanics, but it's nothing that seems particularly interesting beyond the novelty.

19. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    It's a great game and it looks good. The only thing I am unsure of as it's not really explained is what causes blocks to become darker versions of themselves and what is the logic to making them go back and forth between these states? Sometimes sliding blocks to make a group higher than I need causes them to be darkened and unplayable, did I miss the instruction on how this game mechanic works? Other than that I can see me playing this on a regular basis.