Universal twofold inc. (by webbfarbror AB) [From the creator of rymdkapsel]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 28, 2016.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    They are just darker if there is no way to connect them. You have to be able to drag your finger across them all without touching a block twice to do so, if it's not possible then they are a little darker just to show you it's not possible.

2. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeh feel a bit stupid I just got that, the whole set of connected colours need to be clearable...

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I too would like to understand the scoring. Can anyone enlighten us?

4. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

They are dark if you can't remove all the same color that are touching. Notice that when dark, there is no path that doesn't require back tracking.

Bah, just saw this was already answered

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Fantastic game, but not quite the next Threes, as it lacks the tangible goal of the next "card" that Threes had.

Here it's just a score

6. Doctr

Doctr Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Webfarbror does it again! Excellent game!

7. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I would love a stat screen with top scores for each medal (I've seen a little silver medal by my score before). Something to look at what you've done.

Fantastic game!!!

8. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Only time will tell how much play time this will get, but for now I'm hooked. Trying to climb the leader board but can barely crack the top 1000, and I don't think I've unlocked Hardcore mode yet.
    Great game, I just wish I was better at it, I'll keep trying.

9. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Great game but like all high score games the idea is to beat and challenge others scores and as like many other people my Gamecenter doesn't work .When are Apple going to fix this problem it's getting ridiculous now .

10. Gektor Flagler

Jan 29, 2016
    playing games, playing poker
    keep traveling! Thank God!
    This is one of that puzzlers that I'm hooked from the start. Nice gameplay, good impression. Love it. But would like to see more updates in the future - like score on the screen.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    My GC has been screwed since iOS 8. They just don't care.

12. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Really helped to understand what the squares at the bottom were for! So far have managed a top score of 15,500

13. Natachai

Natachai Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Agree, would seriously like to know the scoring system plus the 4 blocks underneath's purpose too

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The blocks are wildcards there for the taking! Just tap and drag them onto the playfield. The only odd bit being you have to use all of a color's blocks and can't apparently rotate them.

Hey Devs, is this intentional?

15. Natachai

Natachai Member

Jul 11, 2012
    oh yeah, sorry that has been answered, thank you thou.

how does scoring work thou, does having left over move means you have more score at the end of each round? I try to use my moves up to prepare for the next thou.

16. Since I finished Crashlands, I decided to give this a try. It seems like something I would love, but I'm just not understanding all the hype. Made a little first impressions video. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm missing? It took a while for SPL-T to grow on me and then I couldn't stop playing. So maybe it'll be a similar situation? But right now not seeing it.

17. GLaDOS

GLaDOS Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Love puzzle games. Looks really fun.

18. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney

The hype most likely stems from the visual design and exceptionally good animations, the latter being particularly unusual in a puzzle game such as this. I personally think the UI is a usability mess, but I already discussed that a couple of pages back.

It's a game that looks like it should be fun, but of course the balance, RNG and othe design elements are everything in these games when it come to longevity. For example: Threes.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Agree completely. I have been following the thread, but nothing screams "buy me". I never got their other game for the same reason. I'll keep following along, but color me skeptical.

Thanks for the video - been looking for something better than the appstore trailer which gave almost no idea of what the game was about.

Lord Gek - did this grab you and hold you? Through the years I think we tend to like the same things within small variations. If you love it, its good enough for me.

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Been spectating the forums like a ghost waiting for some clarifying response on exactly what this game excels at.

My guess is it's the minimalist design (rymdkapsel being the precedent) and the extremely esoteric puzzle rule that seems to be too unique to be even understood.

Judging by the gameplay videos, the game does have some nice atmospheric vibes, along with flawless animation executions.