iPhone UHR-Warlords

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slem, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Thanks. I've also engaged the Art Director on the project for a little sum-up of the art in the game. His post will be coming soon.

2. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
  3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Any release date ?
    Any early beta for a lucky one?

4. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    "Early" beta would be misguiding. We are very(very) close to release. In this last leg of development I fear I will not have the time to follow up on new testers. But do not gloom. UHR-Warlords will be coming very soon!

I will continue to keep you informed and add more info about the game and of course let you know as soon as I have the exact date of release!

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    VERY good artwork! Please give my regards to Øyvind, I really like his style.
    As someone who is old enough to actually own books with Fazetta covers (e.g. this one: http://jonsibal.com/bpimages/frazetta_4.jpg) , I can see the inspiration. And that he developed his own style - and a good one, instead of just copying.

6. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Thanks! I'll let him know!

Since we created this new universe it was very important for us that the visual style was our own, unique one. And we're all inspired by someone or something, right?

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks refreshingly different, goal accomplished, I'd say.
    And all good with being inspired, nothing bad about that.
    Plus, he could have picked much worse than Frazetta; let's say those poor souls who make the covers for supermarket bodice-rippers (not including example links, as to not endanger our readers' sanity) :p

8. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game looks really incredible.

9. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Thanks!

I've written Part 2 on the history of the gameplay. You can find it here. Hope you like it!

10. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Please release this soon, lol.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'll let you cross the fingers while i ready my wallet.

12. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    UHR-Warlords has been submitted to the App Store! Stay tuned!

13. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome! Are you releasing as soon as they approve and have it on the store?

14. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Pretty much ;)

15. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    LOL I wish there was a way for me to play this right now.

16. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I was lucky enough to do some advance beta testing on the game and I can definitely say it is fantastic, both in terms of graphics/environment/effects as well as raw gameplay. I think fans of Hero Academy will appreciate it the most, particularly those of us who ran out of friends to play against and desperately wanted a single player AI.

But as similar as it is in some aspects to HA, it's a much more strategic and tactical game. There is almost nothing to left to chance here, and the playing field is almost 100% equal. Both players have full access to the exact same units, and if desired, the same runes. So it really has more of a "pure" move/counter-move, almost chess-like quality to it. Understanding where and when to place/move units, as well as how to counter specific units, is all critical. You can go in with a basic strategy but you will ultimately have to adjust your tactics to be successful.

I've only played against the AI so far, but I anticipate players are going to have some really excellent matches against each other.

17. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Thats great news. I miss playing hero academy against a bunch of people. Havent played it in awhile now. Definitely looking foreward ro this. Any anouncement on price/if its premuim or ftp?

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    You say ALMOST nothing left to chance. So there are some random elements in the gameplay, then? What are they?

19. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    #39 MrMojoRisin, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    The developer stated near the beginning of this topic the following:

"The game will be pure premium. No in-app purchases. As well as being developers, we are consumers and we prefer buying premium products."

They have not mentioned the actual price, though. But I'm sure it will be anywhere in the $2-5 range, although I'd pay up to about $10 for a game like this easily.

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Will you release any demo / trial together with the full game? It would be very nice of you to bring it too so that we can experience for ourselves before buying it. It's different when you see others to play than to play it for yourself. Thanks.