Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iVaro, Dec 11, 2010.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    look at the buttons is it ugly? isnt it? lol EA what r u thinking about idevice! first battle with gameloft now capcom

please create a 3D fighting game like the tekken ....

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I don't know if this fits the iDevice. It's a really fast paced gamed with dial-a-combos and a classic 5 button configuration. Something like Tekken would have been a better fit.

3. Sledgehammer70

Sledgehammer70 Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Community Manager EA Mobile
    Playa del Rey, CA
    No need to speculate...

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is on its way. We will have more details soon.

Attached Files:

4. rickfil

rickfil Member

Jul 7, 2010
    When?

WHEN? I want! Before X-Mas?

5. McCarron

McCarron Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Lead iPhone Developer @ Stand Alone, Inc.
    Chicagoland, IL USA
    Thanks for posting the pictures Matt.

As not only a huge Mortal Kombat fan (I run the longest running fansite TRMK) but I'm also an iPhone developer who even made a mockup MK2 port back in 2008. I've always wanted an iPhone version of the classic MK games.

I'll hold back most feelings about this game until I play it personally, but I don't like the changing of the game's graphics. I can understand why in some aspects, but you can't call it the old game while making such drastic changes. Even the Java ports used the original graphics, this change to 3D makes it feel much less like MK.

That said I hope it's a fun game that hopefully feels close to the original, just so far no a huge fan of the look of the game.

6. immy1980

immy1980 New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I agree. Massive fan of MK3, is there going to be a choice a switch to the original graphics for the purists? It could be a deciding factor for many.

PS Anyone for Killer instinct Iphone???!!!

7. Deamon34

Deamon34 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I have about six versions of this game. I suppose I can purchase one more. I'm a sucker for Mortal Kombat.

8. Zinle

Zinle Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Yeh.....your gonna get sued now...

9. Not if he didn't release it :p

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'll agree with that, although I do like the way the 3D models look. Then again, being a fan of the original Mortal Kombat games, I would like to see the original characters a lot.

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    My guess is that they use 3D models because it takes too much RAM to push all the different sprite animations, and that they're going for performance over having an exact port. And I can live with that, I wouldn't want this to be a laggy mess, and it seems to run at an incredible clip. I would bet this game could even run on lower than 3rd gen devices, if that was the case.

Moar info pleez! :)

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #32 Omega-F, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

13. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    i hope it works for 2g

14. Dx_0628

Dx_0628 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Creating ideas for future gaming.
    when does it come out?

15. Zinle

Zinle Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Looks like another insta-buy! Wait! Its from EA? Nevermind.

17. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada
    This is probably the reason why. Also polygon models are easier to upscale to 960×640 (retina display) compared to the original low resolution arcade sprites.

Personally I don't think the new character models look too bad (for low polygon models)... But I still do prefer the look of the original sprites and backgrounds of the Arcade game over this one...

Komparison....

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade) (1995) :
    [​IMG]

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (iOS) :
    [​IMG]

But hey! if it plays as well as the Mortal Kombat arcade game, I'm all for it.

18. McCarron

McCarron Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Lead iPhone Developer @ Stand Alone, Inc.
    Chicagoland, IL USA
    #38 McCarron, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    Hah I really doubt that, it was a one night project for an April Fools joke that Ed Boon, the creator of Mortal Kombat, was in on. ;) This was done in April 2008 when the iPhone SDK was still in Beta, I was more worried about getting in trouble by Apple not anyone who owned MK. It never was released either.

You can read about the joke here:

http://www.trmk.org/news/11406/trmk_behind_the_story_april_fools_2008.html

Video of gameplay and April Fools post:

http://www.trmk.org/news/11402/april_fools_mortal_kombat_touch_coming_to_iphone.html

From what I'm told the license for these mobile versions was signed before Warner Bros bought the rights to MK from Midway. Hopefully with UE3 coming to iOS we'll see a future port of Mortal Kombat (2011) for iOS next year since they run the same engine.

I was personally hoping Warner's MK HD project would get ported to the iOS eventually, as it would definitely scale well to the retina display as it's being made for 1080p displays. But I'm sure EA has a window of exclusivity now on the platform.

19. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    New graphics look awful

20. twiztid

twiztid Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    coolestness on the mic
    houston tx
    finish ham!

hey....anybody have any info. on release date so i can scoop up this golden nugget of fun butter? i thought it said released in dec. but whats this "lock out" thing the app store does? will it shut down before christmas or something? why can't they add the squidbillies as playable characters and what not? got a double barrel here,blow your butts to kingdom come! see if we don't.....