*(un)Official* Aralon help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    So can anyone answer this?

2. galoobethgames

galoobethgames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    What is the model of your 3rd gen iPod? 8GB? 16 GB? We are testing an update right now that will improve performance and stability on the 2nd gen and 3rd gen 8GB iPods.

Try turning off terrain detail and disabling background music, see if it loads successfully.

3. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Thx for the quick reply :). I am using an iPod touch 3G 32 gb and I'll try turning those off.

4. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Awww... It still doesn't work lol but thx for trying! I might have to wait for tht update.

5. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    same thing happened to me.

6. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    What is the best class to make the game easier?

7. albifant

albifant New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Hi you guys,

I am stuck with no quest. I did all the quests the three guilds gave me. Although I remember one quest where I needed to go to the Cold Sands Keep and report to somebody for further quests. He didn't give me any.

So. Does anybody have a clue what I am missing?

Thanks,
    Albifant

PS: Yeah, I hate those guys who register at a board and then ask questions that may have even been answered somewhere, sometime. Now I am that guy. Sorry :( I havent found anything (honest!) and I really want to get further in the game.

8. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Personally, I think Warrior is easiest to play.

9. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Check back to see if Darius has anything to offer (he's in West Callaheim, his house should be on the map)

10. albifant

albifant New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks, I completely forgot that guy!
    No I have a quest and I am back on track.

11. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    No problem! Happy to help. I think 1) Going back to Darius and 2) figuring out what to do with Sunclaw/Tooth/Balm/Temple Seal, and 3) Getting around the Temple are the ones that give people the most trouble.

12. Kai824

Kai824 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Beta testing for big game companies
    Hi all,

It might be a pretty silly question, but when does the story ends?

I just killed Merificus or so, and I think the main story is complete, but I'm not sure.

13. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    It ends when: (highlight text to see it)

You've gone back to the grave behind your house and spoken with your father. You can also go back to the King's room and speak with Darius one last time but he just says "Hey, it's good that you got to speak with your Dad again" and that's it.

Since I ended as a level 48, I'm tempted to go back through every town and slay every NPC, Sunclaw, open all the chests that would have flagged me a criminal, etc.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Do it! Come back and let us know how the wholesale carnage goes.

One of my concerns is that if they do future expansions I might muck something up by inadvertendly killing a crucial character.

For example, slaughtering Gorakk (goblin in dead lands) because when I spoke with him he literally said nothing... hope it wasn't a bad idea (but it was fun).

15. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Concerning arrows... I bought all the arrow supplies from the NPCs in the Bows & Staves house, I was wondering if they will restock in the future? Or that's all that they carry?

Apologize if this has been asked before. Not going to read through 70 pages...

16. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

General opinion here is that they don't restock. Personal experience is the same.

17. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    So how do we make more arrows in the game if we run out?

To be honest I am close to giving up Aralon right now. There are already some glaring issues I have with the game. The lack of a waypoint/gps system (common in open world console titles), graphical glitches everywhere when swimming, character auto dismount near objects, extremely tedious and long traveling distances, inability to mount inside towns, monster fighting glitches, etc. I can look pass these things because the game is otherwise very well done on the visuals and better than average combat. But if arrows can run out permanently, it makes me want to seriously question on the developer's decisions.

18. pdxview

pdxview Member

Jan 3, 2011
    One last quest

I have finished the main game line at level 50. I have one open quest, 3 sapphires (which I have). My only issue is where to go with them. I think I remember it was a tavern but I can't seem to find it. Help please!

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Go to the bank in Calleheim (spelling?), except the NPC might attack you based on earlier game choices so there may be no way to complete. He'll attack if you killed Lord Tellehan (spelling?) in an quest from the Knights guild (when it came down to that Lord or other NPC Luther).

20. pdxview

pdxview Member

Jan 3, 2011
    #700 pdxview, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Perfect - now I can bask in a complete victory (except emeralds of course)