*(un)Official* Aralon help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

You get the wolf mount from the witches cove, the horses outside of callaheim, the drake from drake isle, and the terror bird from the outlands.

2. joen_kwon

joen_kwon Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Does anyone know how to join the Thieves den? Someone asked the same question on page 13 but no one answered him/her :(
    I attempted to join as neutral but every time I enter the den I am attacked.

3. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    IT Business Analyst/QC/Novice Developer
    Texas
    T den

I've asked a couple times with no response. I have noticed that once any guild dislikes you there is no recovery. This seems on purpose.

If you don't trigger an attack, it appears you gain their trust by committing crimes. But I still haven't gotten any quests from them yet.

4. joen_kwon

joen_kwon Member

Jan 10, 2011
    That sucks! I completed the first 3 guilds and then headed over to the thievs den and I was attacked on sight. I chose the rogue class, I should be granted access purely on that!
    I'll try pick pocketing until I get caught and then enter the thieves den.

5. Celene

Celene Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Stairs turned to quicksand?

I'm in the temple doing the Scepter of Hammara quest and I'm um... stuck waist deep in the top step to the first floor (the flight of stairs to the right). I'm playing on an iPad, shut down the game, did a hard shut down of the game and then the same for the iPad and when I go back to the game, I'm still trapped. Any ideas for how to get out would be most welcome.

6. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    I did the same thing with my rogue and tried the same thing you propose. It didn't work. There are early thread replies indicating that guild members don't change their mind once you pisd them off no matter you do ( except load a previous save). You got attacked cuz you were lawful when you entered. You have to have Quentin change you to neutral before entering. That attack lawful chars cuz they are outlaws. Just like lawful NPC attack you if you are an outlaw on sight. Most NPC will chill once you go back to neutral except guild members and the banker.

I started over with a Mage. I was able to enter on neutral without being attacked but they won't talk to me. I committed a crime and then they would trade with me, but still won't offer me to join up. I'm beginning to think they want this to be a secret since noone will answer our question.

7. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    im dont wanna go through all 70 pages but if someone could tell me what "Lock:10, Lock:20" etc. are that would be great! I cant open certain chests for some reason, but I need to in order to complete missions.

8. Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    The lock number is the quality of the lock. Rogues have a skill and mages have a spell to unlock 'em. Haven't tried other classes yet, and haven't gotten far enough to experience problems. I can unlock up to quality 75 , generally locks higher than that can't be picked for a reason thus far.

So does anyone know how to join the Thieve's Guild. Once Quentin changed my alinment to neutral I could talk to them, but can't do anything with them. A previous poster said becoming an outlaw lets you trade. How do you join up and get quests and whatnot?

9. Paradiso

Concerning guilds, theres only one that won't take you back if you've gone outlaw. The other three should.

10. Paradiso

That sounds like a bug to me. As of right now, try reloading your autosave, which should take you back to the temple entrance as long as you haven't started a different game.

If that doesn't work, wait till the update comes out, it includes a feature that'll get you out of situations like that.

11. Paradiso

Locks higher than 75 can only be opened with a key. The first you encounter is probably Brunos Blades, which was opened in the latest update. Another is the temple entrance, and there are other doors throughout the game.

12. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Basically my problem is that I cannot open the chest during the Emerald Brew mission. I opened it easily when i was a warrior, but now I think im a rogue. So what can I do?

13. Celene

Celene Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Thanks, Paradiso. I, by force of habit, saved right where I was before I quit out. Incredibly silly of me. And, dang! I wonder how long it is 'til the next update. I'm loving this game and don't want to wait too long. I'll have to find a good MUD to tide me over, I suppose.

14. commando101

commando101 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Where do you get this mission?

15. Wait, what? Are you referring to the update that's already in progress or an update that already occurred? Because it's not open to me in my current game and there's no update in the App Store.

Do you have Helga's Ring? If so you can try levitating. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's a solution. Definitely sounds like a clipping bug.

16. Paradiso

Not too long hopefully!

Were still testing it, but after that it's in Apples hands.

Helgas ring is a good suggestion, but many people miss it because it's not part of the main story. It could help if you have it, depending how far you fell in.

17. Paradiso

I guess I should rephrase. It was supposed to be opened in the current build you have, and it did for some people, but not others. The next update should fix it for everyone.

Things like that, the forges, and a few others are just dormant until the devs decide to implement them.

18. joen_kwon

joen_kwon Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ahh..I see. That's some bad coding where the variable change isn't reset upon changing your reputation. Hopefully that's fixed in the next update..
    Thanks for the answer, I won't make that 'mistake' on my second run.

19. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    Is the thieves den one of those dormant things?

20. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Yes, if Josh or galoobeth games could shine some light on this, we are all eagerly waiting for a new update, especially me because I can't progress with the main story because whenever I try to use the scepter of hammara on merificus he just attacks me!!